Dr. Dre's vault - the legendary unreleased Dr. Dre albums

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
What's with the article saying Can't C Me was given to Tha Dogg Pound to be the lead single for Dogg Food?

:dahell:

It says it was given to them...but Suge canceled it because he didnt want any Dre Produced tracks on the album so it went to Pac.

Dre only gets ex. Producer credit on DF. DJ Pooh produced like four tracks and the rest was Daz, if I remember correctly

Last edited:

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
:mjcry:
I hope i get to hear that album before i die.

I'd imagine Rakim was probably very out of his element during those sessions, imagine doing this for a couple decades and going into a studio where you have someone telling you how to do it differently then you've done before. Later we heard a quote from Dre come out of an interview where he says he prefers to work with young unestablished artist who are still moldable and not stuck in their ways. It would've been a nice dream collab tho . . imagine if he tried it with KRS-One? Would KRS-One fold on his principles?

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
One of my fav songs, wish this was in better quality. Was left off doggystyle due to legal reasons..Beat was used by warren g later on

Need to hear it in better quality but I always thought Warren remade the beat and had more success clearing the sample because he was with Def Jam and not Death Row. From memory the Dee version has harder hitting drums and probably more little things in the beat that you would hear if it was ever released in CDQ. Whoever owns the Death Row catalogue really fukked up by not releasing a 20 year anniversary Doggystyle album with the original track list.

Suge Knight

MOB
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Federal Prison
Need to hear it in better quality but I always thought Warren remade the beat and had more success clearing the sample because he was with Def Jam and not Death Row. From memory the Dee version has harder hitting drums and probably more little things in the beat that you would hear if it was ever released in CDQ. Whoever owns the Death Row catalogue really fukked up by not releasing a 20 year anniversary Doggystyle album with the original track list.
They had lots of sample issues back then, this is as close as the beat to the og next episode..

This was released in 96

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
I'd imagine Rakim was probably very out of his element during those sessions, imagine doing this for a couple decades and going into a studio where you have someone telling you how to do it differently then you've done before. Later we heard a quote from Dre come out of an interview where he says he prefers to work with young unestablished artist who are still moldable and not stuck in their ways. It would've been a nice dream collab tho . . imagine if he tried it with KRS-One? Would KRS-One fold on his principles?

I seen that Ra interview when he said he didnt want to rap about killing and stuff but i just want to hear Ra vocals over some Dr Dre engineering and mixing. I still bump Busta The Big Bang album because the quality is so beautiful.
:mjcry: