Dr.Dre officially becomes the FIRST billionaire in hip hop (only 10 black billionaires in the world)

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
tYLk6zp.jpg

this supposed to be funny bruh ?? Just delete your coli account :camby:

really

All Star
Daps
nyggas think they experts and have the numbers on all aspects... :russ:

yall negros need to stfu, yall dont know what he owns, what his stake is, etc:comeon:

I have it all.... I know it all....:youngsabo:

Andre Young does not own more than 16% of this company... perriooddd.. :smile:

My estimates would be in the 4 to 10 percent range, but I'll update you with specifics on further notice.... I don't want to report any, false information...:usure:

#FactsOnly

really

All Star
Daps
@EducatedBrothaFromTheBank .... Don't you EVER question my sources: :ufdup:

The buttoned-down deal makers at Carlyle Group CG +0.26% LP are getting into the groove.

According to people familiar with the matter, the Washington-based private-equity firm is investing $500 million for a minority stake in Beats Electronics LLC, which makes pricey headphones branded by American rapper Dr. Dre.

Beats started selling headphones in 2008 and is majority-owned by its founders, music mogul Jimmy Iovine and American hip-hop producer and artist Andre Young, better known as Dr. Dre. HTC, of Taiwan, said Friday it agreed to sell its remaining 24.84% stake in Beats back to the U.S. company for $265 million.

Asked about progress on his plan to refocus Vivendi around media, Fourtou said, “Our strategy is to position the group on growth businesses. We invest in new activities that are sources of future growth … and finally taking stakes in companies similar to ours; 47% in Vevo, Spotify 5%, 14% in the Beats headphones manufacturer that has launched its own platform music streaming, and also interests in Firefox and other platforms. These investments increase in value and already weigh together more than a billion dollars.”

As it turns out, Universal’s 14% stake in Beats alone could account for about half of that worth. Using the rumored $3.2 billion purchase price, Universal’s stake equates to $448 million.

Beats Electronics, purveyor of the wildly successful Beats By Dr. Dre headphones, announced late last night that billionaire Len Blavatnik and a consortium of investors will pour $60 million into Daisy, the company’s nascent music streaming service.

47% - Carlyne (Fact)
14% - UMG (Fact)

7% - Len Blavatnik (Fact)

Leaves 32% for Jimmy, Dre, and God knows who else....

Be nice and say 16% = Dre ... Cut this in half for the Struggle Pawg:

Dre+s+romantic+stroll+nFkySKYRi1dl.jpg

Dre final take at MAX before Taxes: 8%

8ofTZyx.jpg

diddy-dance-o.gif

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Yea I know breh... That's a hell of a lot away from a billion though.

Honestly, Dre is getting JERKED...

No way Diddy would have a brand with HIS NAME ON IT, and He not even eating right... (Diddy came IN to endorse Ciroc, and know he getting paid like a majority owner)

Carlyne = $500mil investment when the company was worth $1billion (they own 50%)

UMG (which Jimmy Iovine is a big dog at) = Invested $400mil (at what percentage, I don't know... But if it's 40%... dre pretty much owns shyt).

"Len Blavatnik’s Tuesday announcement of his $60 million investment in Beats Electronics’ forthcoming music service" - This guy got $60mil invested in the music service

You know Jimmy Iovine a lot more business Savvy and he gon get a crazy cut... And then the 3rd partner they came in the game with.

All said and done, Dre is probably looking at 2 to 3% :laff:....

@L&HH ... Put the birthday hats and balloons away... Not so fast:mjlol:

All the other Investors:

IMG_4091_avoca%20food.JPG

Andre Young:

J4f3WST.png

2DvM7wk.jpg

#FactsOnly

QnMEZAW.gif
How do you know iovine invested 400 million of his own money.

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin

In the comments section

• Alex wrote:
I was thinking about this. If Apple is in serious negotiations to buy the company, and considers $3.2 billion to be a fair price, doesn’t that mean he is already a billionaire? You don’t have to sell an asset in order to count its value to your net worth. I say, if the rumors are true, we already have the first hip hop billionaire.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
If the company is valued at 3.2 billion, then Dre's net-worth would be a billion at sale. After which it would reset. The other poster said Dre "only" owns 16 percent. According to Forbes, that's all Dre needs to hit a billion. So either way, Dre hit the mark, even if his actual assets do not equate to such.

Also, where the hell are you getting 50 percent in taxes? I know for a fact that taxation would not be at 50 percent for a move like this.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Something is wrong with you. First you came in here trying to call people out for "talking out of [their] ass". It was then proven by multiple posters that you in fact were the one who was wrong because HTC doesn't own 50% as you so confidently asserted.
lol @ nikkas talking out of ass...

"In August 2011, mobile phone manufacturer HTC acquired a 50.1% majority share in Beats for $309 million"

Beats Electronics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HTC owns 50% ....

Then after you were proven wrong you backtracked from HTC owning 50% to only owning 25%. and you were wrong yet AGAIN after we told you the first time that they sold back ALL of their shares. But we're the ones "talking out of our ass"

And HTC only sold back half their stock, not 100% ... if you gonna fact check a nikka, get your shyt right first... *dead*
@L&HH ... Put the birthday hats and balloons away... Not so fast:mjlol:

Now why should we be inclined to even entertain the rest of the shyt that you write. You were proven wrong twice on HTC current % of the company yet we're supposed to believe you know wtf you're talking about on everybody else's percentage?? When HTC's percentage is the only percentage that can be proven which is ZERO.

We'll let Dre tell it to your dense ass though :umad:

Last edited: