Dr.Dre officially becomes the FIRST billionaire in hip hop (only 10 black billionaires in the world)

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
no one lost more than russell simmons to me. that nikka suppose to be the ultimate hustler, yet here come west coast og showing y'all how to make business.

nikka this not a verses thread. It's a celebration of an individual who made it to billion, or close enough, who came from one of the worst hoods in America history. :blessed:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
I would have been more elated if he could have done this deal with a black mogul

just imagine if it was a Eazy E and Dre..or Chris Lighty and Dre ....or a Harry O with Dre or even a Suge and.Dre .

black excellence my a$$ :comeon:

Only time N1GGAS come together is when it involves conspiring to get Puzzy or Dope

but we eventually fall out and wanna KILL EACH OTHER over that too

BasketCase

Superstar
Daps
@EducatedBrothaFromTheBank .... Don't you EVER question my sources: :ufdup:

The buttoned-down deal makers at Carlyle Group CG +0.26% LP are getting into the groove.

According to people familiar with the matter, the Washington-based private-equity firm is investing $500 million for a minority stake in Beats Electronics LLC, which makes pricey headphones branded by American rapper Dr. Dre.

Beats started selling headphones in 2008 and is majority-owned by its founders, music mogul Jimmy Iovine and American hip-hop producer and artist Andre Young, better known as Dr. Dre. HTC, of Taiwan, said Friday it agreed to sell its remaining 24.84% stake in Beats back to the U.S. company for $265 million.

Asked about progress on his plan to refocus Vivendi around media, Fourtou said, “Our strategy is to position the group on growth businesses. We invest in new activities that are sources of future growth … and finally taking stakes in companies similar to ours; 47% in Vevo, Spotify 5%, 14% in the Beats headphones manufacturer that has launched its own platform music streaming, and also interests in Firefox and other platforms. These investments increase in value and already weigh together more than a billion dollars.”

As it turns out, Universal’s 14% stake in Beats alone could account for about half of that worth. Using the rumored $3.2 billion purchase price, Universal’s stake equates to $448 million.

Beats Electronics, purveyor of the wildly successful Beats By Dr. Dre headphones, announced late last night that billionaire Len Blavatnik and a consortium of investors will pour $60 million into Daisy, the company’s nascent music streaming service.

47% - Carlyne (Fact)
14% - UMG (Fact)

7% - Len Blavatnik (Fact)

Leaves 32% for Jimmy, Dre, and God knows who else....

Be nice and say 16% = Dre ... Cut this in half for the Struggle Pawg:

Dre+s+romantic+stroll+nFkySKYRi1dl.jpg

Dre final take at MAX before Taxes: 8%

8ofTZyx.jpg

diddy-dance-o.gif
Aren't you dead yet?

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I'm hearing that it's not official yet, but if it is...PROPS and CONGRATULATIONS to the Good Doc. Love to see black men becoming super rich/wealthy, by doing positive things, in a society designed for us to fail. Big win for hip hop and a long time coming. It's still crazy how few blacks are billionaires. Sh!t is crazy.

really

All Star
Daps
"Late Thursday night, the Financial Times reportedthat Apple AAPL -0.73% was in talks to buy Beats for $3.2 billion; the deal would be the computer giant’s largest acquisition ever. Dre’s stake in Beats currently stands at somewhere around 20-25%; we valued the company at $2 billion in our latest round of estimates.

A sale for $3.2 billion would nearly double the value of Dre’s holdings, though capital gains taxes could take a bite out of his big payday, likely leaving him with a net worth in the neighborhood of $800 million. It’s not quite enough to land on the Forbes 400, but it would easily make him hip-hop’s richest man, topping current champion Diddy by $100 million."

It's impossible for Dre to own 20 to 25% when 68% of the company is already FACTUALLY accounted for outside of Jimmy (CEO) and Dre.

I
I
I
V
The buttoned-down deal makers at Carlyle Group CG +0.26% LP are getting into the groove.

According to people familiar with the matter, the Washington-based private-equity firm is investing $500 million for a minority stake in Beats Electronics LLC, which makes pricey headphones branded by American rapper Dr. Dre.

Beats started selling headphones in 2008 and is majority-owned by its founders, music mogul Jimmy Iovine and American hip-hop producer and artist Andre Young, better known as Dr. Dre. HTC, of Taiwan, said Friday it agreed to sell its remaining 24.84% stake in Beats back to the U.S. company for $265 million.

Asked about progress on his plan to refocus Vivendi around media, Fourtou said, “Our strategy is to position the group on growth businesses. We invest in new activities that are sources of future growth … and finally taking stakes in companies similar to ours; 47% in Vevo, Spotify 5%, 14% in the Beats headphones manufacturer that has launched its own platform music streaming, and also interests in Firefox and other platforms. These investments increase in value and already weigh together more than a billion dollars.”

As it turns out, Universal’s 14% stake in Beats alone could account for about half of that worth. Using the rumored $3.2 billion purchase price, Universal’s stake equates to $448 million.

Beats Electronics, purveyor of the wildly successful Beats By Dr. Dre headphones, announced late last night that billionaire Len Blavatnik and a consortium of investors will pour $60 million into Daisy, the company’s nascent music streaming service.

47% - Carlyne (Fact)
14% - UMG (Fact)
7% - Len Blavatnik (Fact)
Perhaps all this means is I should be working for Forbes or proof reading their articles....:ehh:

That said, even at 20 to 25 %... he STILL at $800million:mjlol:...

He will no longer own the company and will not create another company anytime soon if EVER.

So :takedat: will reclaim his spot within a year or 2, and go on to become the first billionaire:shaq:

#FactsOnly

Last edited: