Dr.Dre officially becomes the FIRST billionaire in hip hop (only 10 black billionaires in the world)

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol @ nikkas talking out of ass...

"In August 2011, mobile phone manufacturer HTC acquired a 50.1% majority share in Beats for $309 million"

Beats Electronics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HTC owns 50% ....

So ok:

They sell for 3.2billion

HTC = 1.6 billion
Dre / Jimmy = 1.6billion (at BEST... I don't think dre owns 25%, but whatever)

half of 1.6billion == $800million

$400mllion afer taxes

Now, the money dre will pull in just dropped from BILLIONS (lol), to $500mill after taxes, to now $400million.... Going to do more research, to see if its more like $300million

Leo-Toast.gif

HTC Just Sold Back Half Of Its Holdings In Beats Electronics - Business Insider

Dr Dre's Beats to pull plug on HTC in favour of new business partner | Business | The Guardian

They got bought out.........

:madiba:

really

All Star
Daps
Dre gets 150 million if he ha a 5 percent stake.

Yea I know breh... That's a hell of a lot away from a billion though.

Honestly, Dre is getting JERKED...

No way Diddy would have a brand with HIS NAME ON IT, and He not even eating right... (Diddy came IN to endorse Ciroc, and know he getting paid like a majority owner)

Carlyne = $500mil investment when the company was worth $1billion (they own 50%)

UMG (which Jimmy Iovine is a big dog at) = Invested $400mil (at what percentage, I don't know... But if it's 40%... dre pretty much owns shyt).

"Len Blavatnik’s Tuesday announcement of his $60 million investment in Beats Electronics’ forthcoming music service" - This guy got $60mil invested in the music service

You know Jimmy Iovine a lot more business Savvy and he gon get a crazy cut... And then the 3rd partner they came in the game with.

All said and done, Dre is probably looking at 2 to 3% :laff:....

@L&HH ... Put the birthday hats and balloons away... Not so fast:mjlol:

All the other Investors:

IMG_4091_avoca%20food.JPG

Andre Young:

J4f3WST.png

2DvM7wk.jpg

#FactsOnly

QnMEZAW.gif

really

All Star
Daps

scarhead

All Star
Daps
Samsung is still the NUMBER ONE cellphone/smartphone manufacture in the world. If you think that these bogus lawsuits from Apple & a measly 120 million in damages are going to effect Samsung's bottom line as an entire corporation, you're sorely misguided.

Slap on the wrist: Samsung’s damages for infringing Apple’s patents equivalent to 16 days’ profit – MacDailyNews - Welcome Home

Apple latest patent infringement win against Samsung, could be worth more than $360 million when finalized – MacDailyNews - Welcome Home

MacDailyNews Note: The $930 million in damages Samsung was ordered to pay Apple last year for infringing its patents is equal to just over 16 days’ worth of Samsung profits. If the current damages are trebled to $360 million, they’ll equal just over 6 days profit for Samsung. If left as is, at $120 million, that’s equal to a whopping two days worth of Samsung profits.

:lolbron:

I used to work for Samsung and people don't really realize how huge and well positioned the company is.
Samsung has four industry leading divisions - Mobile, TV/Display, Semiconductors, Home Appliances. In addition to electronics, they have multiple multibillion dollar subsidiaries under the Samsung umbrella from construction, heavy industry, credit card and insurance, hotels and fashion - their total asset is at $590bil and that's after they divested a few multi billion conglomerates to their extend fam and they still have more subsidiaries that are pre-IPO.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HTC sold 50%

Carlyne bought 50% (at a higher Price than HTC sold theirs... so basically anyone who owned beats made a LITTLE MONEY here, but they still gave up 50% of they company, just to a different person)

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304526204579100711774280296

They bought a minority stake...this could mean 49-30%...We will never know exactly what the figures especially if Apple buys the company.......I personally would rather see them go public

I was actually hopping to eat heavy off of that pre-IPO :leonadis:

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
Rofl... wtf nikka... it aint even no algebra... just basic math:manny:

nikkas wanted to know Dre's stake... I got to the bottom of it: It's 16.667% ... PERIOD.

Honestly I look at this move from the perspective that: Damn, black nikkas in hiphop CAN develop multi- billionaire dollar companies and sell them shyts for CRAZY money. This will probably be the biggest sell in history...

You seeing all the math cus:

1) I simply wanted to clarify some things
2) It was a good learning experience just doing research on a few things... (I'll give LnHH the fact I didn't know "capital gains" can only be taxed 25% (not 15 nikka, do your research).. And not like 50%... But its still a shyt load of other fees that's gon chip away at that money... Otherwise 50 woulda took home way more on the vitamin water deal.

Bottom line I think it'll be great for black culture for Diddy to be the first to a billion:ehh:.... He trying buy NFL teams... TV networks.... Keep pushing us forward... fukk that reclouse Dre who will never create another good company again and will spend his days laid up with some half dead cac:mjlol:.... You want HIM the first to a billion??? (Dead @ ppl saying "cool he sell that now he can donate some more money to white schools lol.. I guess he made donation to USC or something)

He struck GOLD on this shyt cus Music sound is his specialty. He'll never make another business again, no hate..:takedat:

Sean John
Ciroc
Revolt
Justin's
Renting 50 Ma$e with the disc scratched up
Jerking the lox
etc

Diddy been doing it and always will.:ehh:
I ain't read none of this shyt.
nikka I really could care less about the numbers.
only thing I see is that he's even richer and this means detox less likely.

really

All Star
Daps
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304526204579100711774280296

They bought a minority stake...this could mean 49-30%...We will never know exactly what the figures especially if Apple buys the company.......I personally would rather see them go public

I was actually hopping to eat heavy off of that pre-IPO :leonadis:

50-cent-deon.jpg

I do know exactly how much:

They bought 24.8% (might as well say 25%) BACK from HTC for 265million, BASICALLY THE SAME DAY Carlyne bought their share....

nikkas in here feeling stupid, getting jealous cus I'm doing math... Would you like to do the honors?

I'll help you out: If 24.8% = $265million... Then $500million = 47 to 48% or some shyt like that... And I round that shyt up to 50.

Dre will not be the first hiphop billionaire. He getting jerked. It's over

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Could an Apple Beats Acquisition Make Dr. Dre the First Rap Billionaire? - Corporate Intelligence - WSJ

It was only a couple of weeks ago that Forbes released the 2014 edition of its annual list of hip-hop’s wealthiest artists, and this year’s list came with new bit of intrigue in the introduction: somebody atop the list, the authors wrote, will soon become the first hip-hop billionaire.

For all the mentions of the word “billionaire” in rap songs (the search results at RapGenius appear to scroll endlessly into the horizon), there were really only a few candidates to get to 10 figures first: Sean “Diddy” Combs, Dr. Dre, and Jay Z. Each turned a way with words and a talent for producing music into sprawling empires including record labels, fashion brands and endorsement deals, and Diddy was ranked number one on the list, with a fortune estimated at $700 million.

Dr. Dre overtook Jay Z to claim second place in the list, propelled by his stake in Beats Electronics, the headphone maker that is in talks to be bought by Apple for a price tag north of $3 billion. Beats is a closely held company that does not disclose financial or ownership information, so establishing a value for Dre’s stake in the company involves a healthy degree of guesswork.

But here’s what has been previously reported: When the Carlyle Group invested $500 million for a minority stake in Beats, it gave the company a valuation of over $1 billion. At the time, Beats was majority owned by its founders, Dr. Dre and music mogul Jimmy Iovine.

If the Forbes estimates are correct, Dr. Dre needs about 450 million more dollars to become hip-hop’s first billionaire — equal to a 15% stake in a $3 billion company. Neither Beats nor AppleAAPL -0.18% is talking about the reported deal yet, so these are early days, and we may never know the exact ownership picture at the headphone maker. But in the rap race to ten figures, Dr. Dre is now likely to be in first place.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
lol @ nikkas talking out of ass...

"In August 2011, mobile phone manufacturer HTC acquired a 50.1% majority share in Beats for $309 million"

Beats Electronics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HTC owns 50% ....

So ok:

They sell for 3.2billion

HTC = 1.6 billion
Dre / Jimmy = 1.6billion (at BEST... I don't think dre owns 25%, but whatever)

half of 1.6billion == $800million

$400mllion afer taxes

Now, the money dre will pull in just dropped from BILLIONS (lol), to $500mill after taxes, to now $400million.... Going to do more research, to see if its more like $300million

Leo-Toast.gif

You truly are just a flat out horrible poster, no idea how you are in the green.

Dre and Jimmy bought their shares BACK from HTC last september