Dr. Doom is the GOAT villain...no longer debatable

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
What?

nikka WHAT?

Don't get me wrong, I like The Joker, but comparing him to Victor Von Doom is just wrong on so many levels.

The Joker has the luxury of having a psychotic adversary (yes. Batman is psychotic too) that won't kill him even though he has every reason to. Doom has superheroes, Gods, and aliens watching him, and Doom basically dares them to do something. Joker is just a Gotham city problem, whereas Doom is an earth, time stream, magic realm, and possible cosmic problem.

The Joker wouldn't be able to handle one of Dooms decoys, let alone Doom himself.

#DrDoomStan

The character of Joker has been studied in depth outside of the comic book medium. He's the quintessential villian. The fact that Joker is grounded in reality (relative to Doom or others) makes him a better villian. He doesn't need all that cosmic and alien nonsense. Him raping and killing his nemesis' partner in order to make Batman disregard his very code of ethics shyts on that nonsense. There is a reason The Dark Knight Returns and The Killing Joke are revered even in certain academic circles.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
The character of Joker has been studied in depth outside of the comic book medium. He's the quintessential villian. The fact that Joker is grounded in reality (relative to Doom or others) makes him a better villian. He doesn't need all that cosmic and alien nonsense. Him raping and killing his nemesis' partner in order to make Batman disregard his very code of ethics shyts on that nonsense. There is a reason The Dark Knight Returns and The Killing Joke are revered even in certain academic circles.
Lol...man TDKR and The Killing Joke are revered because of the time they came out. Comic book writing in the mid-80's wasn't really advanced from a literary and academic standpoint, so stuff like TDKR and Watchmen were landmark. Comic book writing has advanced greatly since then. Almost all the top writers write outside of comic books.

I first read TDKR in about a year ago and my reaction was "That's it?" I was thoroughly unimpressed and underwhelmed. It guess it's like someone going back and listening to mid-80's rap who missed or was too young back then. Rakim and BDK just don't wow someone that grew up listening to Nas and Lupe. Let's not even talk about how absurd and completely nonsensical it is that the mutants and the batmen go from raping and killing babies like A Clockwork Orange psychopaths to being superheroes just because Batman beat up their leader and gave them a pep talk. :deadmanny:

The Killing Joke was better, but it wasn't all that impressive to me either reading it for the first time in 2013. The Watchmen has held up much better than both of them imo.

Jonathan Hickman's New Avengers, which is the topic of this thread, is light years beyond TDKR.

shyt, the aforementioned Doomwar story where the panther God Bast was forced to allow Doom in the vibranium vault because his intent was pure despite being a would-be genocidal tyrant running a utopian police world, as he had seen all potential timelines and was truly convinced he was the only hope of sustained peace on Earth was more thought-provoking and profound to me than TDKR or The Killing Joke.

Last edited:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Lol...man TDKR and The Killing Joke are revered because of the time they came out. Comic book writing in the mid-80's wasn't really advanced from a literary and academic standpoint, so stuff like TDKR and Watchmen were landmark. Comic book writing has advanced greatly since then. Almost all the top writers write outside of comic books.

I first read TDKR in about a year ago and my reaction was "That's it?" I was thoroughly unimpressed and underwhelmed. It guess it's like someone going back and listening to mid-80's rap who missed or was too young back then. Rakim and BDK just don't wow someone that grew up listening to Nas and Lupe. Let's not even talk about how absurd and completely nonsensical it is that the mutants and the batmen go from raping and killing babies like A Clockwork Orange psychopaths to being superheroes just because Batman beat up their leader and gave them a pep talk. :deadmanny:

The Killing Joke was better, but it wasn't all that impressive to me either reading it for the first time in 2013. The Watchmen has held up much better than both of them imo.

Jonathan Hickman's New Avengers, which is the topic of this thread, is light years beyond TDKR.

shyt, the aforementioned Doomwar story where the panther God Bast was forced to allow Doom in the vibranium vault because his intent was pure despite being a would-be genocidal tyrant running a utopian police world, as he had seen all potential timelines and was truly convinced he was the only hope of sustained peace on Earth was more thought-provoking and profound to me than TDKR or The Killing Joke.

seeing that comic strip posted in this thread had me on some other shyt :gladbron:

bast is dope too fwiw. underrated side character in comics

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Well...
drink_stare.gif

Scientific Genius: built his own time machine, something that ol fukk boy Reed Richards couldn't do.

Mysticism: Second only to Doctor Strange when it comes to magic, and he barely even uses that shyt.

Diplomatic Immunity: Leader of his own country. Dude can't even be touched when he steps in the US. So trill:wow:

Got his mom's soul out of Hell. Just another Saturday for Doom.

Went to Wakands and crushed the buildings: Entered the Vibranium vault just by being the shyt.
Scan11633.jpg

Scan11632.jpg

Scan11634.jpg

The Egyptian Cat God that was guarding it searched Dooms soul and was like, "shyt....he's right" and let Doom into the fukking Vibranium Vault.

And while Reed was out neglecting his wife again while she was pregnant, Doom came in, delivered the baby and saved Sue. Doom even named the kid. (Valeria)

My man stole The Beyonders powers. Look that shyt up and see gangsta that shyt is.

Basically, the only reason Doom doesn't rule the world now is because he doesn't fukking want to.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,...... BRUH..

THIS nikka DOOM... WOW

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Dude is always behind the scenes...even in Old Man Logan I could tell he knew Logan would eventually kill Red Skull..obviously leaving a vacancy he wanted to capitalize on.

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Doom is the superman of villians. Boring as fukk. Overwritten. Overly exaggerated.

The Joker is somewhat grounded in reality, despite being crazy as he. Not even up to debate as far as I'm concerned.

Hell, I'd have a hard time putting Doom over Magneto and Red Skull

I don't know, man. I actually think Doom hasn't been written about enough when it comes to being one of the top tier villains. I'm just glad they got him away from being mostly connected with the Reed bytchards and the Craptastic Four.

As far as over exaggerations and inconsistencies, and being the Superman of villains, just look at Apocalypse.

Before I get negged to Bolivia, I like Apocalypse, but dude can be a confusing Time traveling mess. One day he has the power of a God and the next day he's getting sonned by two Xmen.

I'd like to see Doom done right in the movies. Imagine if Marvel had the rights, you could have all this going on with Avengers, Guardians, Thor, Dr. Strange, and Black Panther and Doom could have his finger in each movie manipulating shyt.:wow: