Dope (2015) - Comedy of Young black kids in LA in coming of age story

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Saw it last night. I liked it a lot. I DID have a slight problem with the older black guy who went to Harvard and "made it"
ending up as a damn Molly dealer who exploits his own kind
but overall I did enjoy the message of the movie.

That dyke chick was TOO fine. All the baggy clothes in the world couldn't cover up her beauty:banderas:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
So my wife and I decided to go see this movie today.......and the closest theater that has it, only showed it twice.......guess I gotta wait for the rental

volk

Daps
Reppin
LA
Hell, outside of Shameik aka Malcolm, most of the main characters are high yellow racially ambigious people and all the "dumb hood nikkas" that antagonize the main characters are actual darker black people.

Spot on analysis, but I don't know about this one in particular. It's a reach to make this argument when the main character himself is dark skinned and the person who is arguably the main antagonist is light skinned. AJ is educated and successful, but never let go of the hood mentality. His son followed in his footsteps in the worst way possible and probably ended up in jail and his daughter probably isn't doing the greatest in life from what we saw of her. I enjoyed the movie, though it had it's issues, but I didn't think this was one of them.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Spot on analysis, but I don't know about this one in particular. It's a reach to make this argument when the main character himself is dark skinned and the person who is arguably the main antagonist is light skinned. AJ is educated and successful, but never let go of the hood mentality. His son followed in his footsteps in the worst way possible and probably ended up in jail and his daughter probably isn't doing the greatest in life from what we saw of her. I enjoyed the movie, though it had it's issues, but I didn't think this was one of them.
AJ was still a main character, not a filler minor antagonist (almost henchmen-like) like the "dumb" gangbangers(who were like 99% darker nikkas) were.

Every character that was worth a shyt and mattered to the story outside of malcolm, was a lighter nikka. am I wrong? :manny:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
AJ was still a main character, not a filler minor antagonist (almost henchmen-like) like the "dumb" gangbangers(who were like 99% darker nikkas) were.

Every character that was worth a shyt and mattered to the story outside of malcolm, was a lighter nikka. am I wrong? :manny:
malcom and his crew were the only characters worth a shyt tho...and stacey :laugh: you're reaching on this light/dark thing

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
malcom and his crew were the only characters worth a shyt tho...and stacey :laugh: you're reaching on this light/dark thing
AJ kids both were key plot members, the son essentially got the robbing ass nikkas off them, the daugther got Malcolm to the interview. AJ was the big bad guy. Stacey repeatedly saving the day unintentionally. The principal being Rick Fox light good hair having ass. Malcolm crew being bright as well. The only dark nikkas in this movie that mattered was Malcolm and Dom (Dom disappeared after 20 mins of the movie, never to be heard from again).

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
AJ kids both were key plot members, the son essentially got the robbing ass nikkas off them, the daugther got Malcolm to the interview. AJ was the big bad guy. Stacey repeatedly saving the day unintentionally. The principal being Rick Fox light good hair having ass. Malcolm crew being bright as well. The only dark nikkas in this movie that mattered was Malcolm and Dom (Dom disappeared after 20 mins of the movie, never to be heard from again).
are you arguing about "main characters" or "virtuous characters"? in either case....i don't see a light/dark conspiracy, but this the coli, so i'll let you cook

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
i'd see a trailer for this movie some time ago i think by way of youtube and quicky wrote it off because i thought it was some hipster shyt
anyway, my brother in law was tellin' me bout the movie and how i should check it out, how it got good reviews etc etc
i saw it last night and it was oooooooooooooooook at best
it was nice to hear a lot of classic hip hop music get played. it could've had a lot more west coast music though. you know, bein' the settin' of the movie was in cali and all
it was a bit all over the place however it was entertainin' for the most part
i have to say, i'd never heard of chanel iman until i saw her in this movie tonight. i checked out the movie credits on imdb tonight. chanel is beautiful
cool to see stacey back again, lol
kimberly elise (malcolm's mom) is a milf
quincy (al b sure's son) is a funny muthafukka. easily the funniest person in the whole movie. he did a great job
malcolm's speech at the end was great
i didn't like how that cac kept sayin' nikka though. fukk was up with that?
far from a classic movie however a good movie overall. i'd say bout a 6 outta 10

but bruhs, chanel iman :banderas:

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
whatever the critics think of it, it has an imdb score of 7.5 which for a comedy is pretty high marks. any comedy get over a 6.5 i normally give it a chance.