Doordashers are messaging customers BEFORE delivery and demanding a bigger tip

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
ukk Uber Eats. Done with them.
They started hiring drivers who neither speak nor read English.
The drivers need instructions to get access to my spot.
They can't read the instructions and I gotta go out and find these mfs.
They started going crazy with the fees, too.
Literally messaging you in their native language lol. I can give a lil leeway on spanish but I've gotten actual Chinese characters more than once...like breh you're not even using my alphabet...:mjlol:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Serious shyt though the tip culture needs to be reined in. shyt is out of control.
still have no sympathy for restaurant workers (outside of giving 15%)

but delivery drivers do kinda deserve tips, especially dependant on the city you're in. Mad traffic, construction, road closures and nonsense happens here in Toronto so I get it. I even used to work as a doordash driver too and you don't make much money if you're not making tips. A $12 order yields you about $5, but the order could be 10-15 miles away. And when you try to adjust your location to make sure you don't get far orders, the other drivers in closer proximity get chosen instead of you. Its usually better to do it in the city/downtown core on a bike as well, cause idling your car a lot uses gas.

Ideally, you want to get big orders too, but with inflation, I don't assume your average customer is ordering $100 worth of food. Its usually nikkas with $10-20

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
This is a prime example of why the gig economy does not work....

And also why tip culture has lost its fukking mind
becuase it got priced out of the economy

restaurants and servers nowadays are whyling out. I went out for drinks with a couple coworkers and the server flat out asked "why yall ain't tipping me? :francis: "

no subtlety, no bullshyt. Mind you, in Toronto, minimum wage is $15 across the board.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I have groceries delivered for my mother. I looked into what the delivery/shopper company (Shipt) pays: $5 + 5% of the order (Groceries: $30 - $300) plus tips. No compensation for fuel. My typical grocery order is $50. That's $5 + $2.50 (5%) + $10 (Tip) = $17.50 for 1.25hrs work (15 mile round trip plus shopping time). When you add in the fuel cost, additional insurance premiums, and wear/tear on their car, its not good pay, and that assumes everyone gives 20% tips.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Chipotle uses DoorDash 🤷🏾‍♀️ If I don’t really feel like getting in the car, it’ll do

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps

restaurants and servers nowadays are whyling out. I went out for drinks with a couple coworkers and the server flat out asked "why yall ain't tipping me? :francis: "

no subtlety, no bullshyt. Mind you, in Toronto, minimum wage is $15 across the board.

I actually wanna see where the tipping point is gonna be over this shyt

I could be living in a bubble but I think I am starting to see rising resentment over the constant nickel and timing companies are getting away with.

Payment for service or product should be a thing....this shyt is reaching begging status

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens

I have more than a few bartender peoples and the expectation is to leave with a couple hundred a night, at least 2 which is bonkers to me but hey I'm not in the life.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I have more than a few bartender peoples and the expectation is to leave with a couple hundred a night, at least 2 which is bonkers to me but hey I'm not in the life.
yeah my sister still bartends and her expectation is about the same

I get it tho, at a bar or a wedding etc., if I'm coming to you multiple times and asking for mixed drinks n shyt, I will absolutely give you a decent tip. But expecting a couple hundred for waiting a few tables at a resto is pushing it

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Not one of them...shyt is absurd and the analysts giving them these outsized valuations should be looked at funny as well

I dont care what bright future a company has at some point you gotta start making money...your business sugar daddies are only gonna wait so long

A lot of these dumb ass companies shouldn't have even hit an IPO
It's the literal application of

1. Open a start up (literally a name, logo, and 1 sentence business idea)
  2. Build up users
  3. Get investors
  4. ????
  5. Profit
But ??? Never happens

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
There is no path to profitability and can literally cannot profit without indentured servitude. Doordash and uber have exactly zero profitable years in existence, and there is no way they can ever make money. With the end of cheap credit and patient equity partners (ie, they actually want a ROE) i expect an absolute collapse in this sector by 4Q23.
add grocery delivery to this list too :mjlol: