Doordashers are messaging customers BEFORE delivery and demanding a bigger tip

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
This is a prime example of why the gig economy does not work....

And also why tip culture has lost its fukking mind
There is no path to profitability and can literally cannot profit without indentured servitude. Doordash and uber have exactly zero profitable years in existence, and there is no way they can ever make money. With the end of cheap credit and patient equity partners (ie, they actually want a ROE) i expect an absolute collapse in this sector by 4Q23.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
fukk Uber Eats. Done with them.
They started hiring drivers who neither speak nor read English.
The drivers need instructions to get access to my spot.
They can't read the instructions and I gotta go out and find these mfs.
They started going crazy with the fees, too.

Doordash must treat their drivers like shyt because they definitely don't place a premium on service.
I just started ordering from places who do their own delivery.
Some of these Uber Eats Drivers in NYC don't even understand the concept of house numbers. I've had a few walk down my entire street trying to find me. One time I was literally standing at my porch watching this dude walk past me and I finally realized it was the driver and was like ":dahell: nikka just look at the numbers on each house"

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Some of these Uber Eats Drivers in NYC don't even understand the concept of house numbers. I've had a few walk down my entire street trying to find me. One time I was literally standing at my porch watching this dude walk past me and I finally realized it was the driver and was like ":dahell: nikka just look at the numbers on each house"
Bruh.
This happened numerous times.
I go out to the street and these mfs will just be wandering back and forth.
One time, I go out to the street and dude is standing at the gate next door waiting for somebody to come out.
I said "You can't read numbers. You're at the wrong address."

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Just another reason why I won't be using delivery apps :unimpressed:
I'm cancelling them orders immediately, not risking them fukking with my food as get back

Uber eats got me with a $25 credit. I still ended up paying $20 after all was said and done
So I got 15 wingstop wings and a mid ass chicken sandwich for essentially $45. If the apps can't pay the workers with them inflated ass fees then I don't know what to tell them

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Im not gonna lie. That shyt is hilarious. This is basically a 3rd world country at this point.

Grimy..this whole doordash saga is a lesson in griminess.

In the 3rd world you'll never have these problems because tipping is mainly seen on TV. :mjlol:

And American tourists need to stop tipping servers abroad creating problems for locals.. :snoop:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Grimy..this whole doordash saga is a lesson in griminess.

In the 3rd world you'll never have these problems because tipping is only seen on TV. :mjlol:

And American tourists need to stop tipping servers abroad creating problems for locals.. :snoop:

THIS

shyt is so :ahh: going overseas and not having to worry about tipping. Businesses actually paying their people a livable wage and not relying on the customers to do it for them directly is so refreshing.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
There is no path to profitability and can literally cannot profit without indentured servitude. Doordash and uber have exactly zero profitable years in existence, and there is no way they can ever make money. With the end of cheap credit and patient equity partners (ie, they actually want a ROE) i expect an absolute collapse in this sector by 4Q23.
I think their plan was to float on VC money and wait for drones or atonomous cars.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
THIS

shyt is so :ahh: going overseas and not having to worry about tipping. Businesses actually paying their people a livable wage and not relying on the customers to do it for them directly is so refreshing.

Cacs the ones leaving tips abroad totally fukking things up :scust:

In Japan they'll return it right back, they won't accept it no matter the amount. Tipping is actually disrespectful if you think about it.
That's why Black folks everywhere hate it.
In other countries US cac tourists have taught servers to expect tips..now servers give locals shytty service because Americans can come through and drop 100s in USD :mjlol:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps

Not one of them...shyt is absurd and the analysts giving them these outsized valuations should be looked at funny as well

I dont care what bright future a company has at some point you gotta start making money...your business sugar daddies are only gonna wait so long

A lot of these dumb ass companies shouldn't have even hit an IPO