Doordashers are messaging customers BEFORE delivery and demanding a bigger tip

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
For decades, bartending and waitstaff jobs were GOAT unskilled jobs. In the mid 90s, I use to make $500 cash a week for 25 hrs work as a waiter in a low tier restaurant. A bartender at TGiFridays was taking home $800-$1500/week. To put things in perspective, minimum wage back then was around $3.65/hr and rent for my 2 bedroom apartment was only $600/month, which I split with roommates. I use to buy sneakers from the loose change I collected over the week, and regularly find $20 bills in my laundry. Cheesecake Factory use to give ever general manager of its restaurants a BMW 318i as a company car back then, and I guarantee a bartender there could afford to buy one. The money in the field is obviously drying up. Over the years the pay has only slightly increased, but the cost of living has skyrocketed since then.

@Cakebatter what would you say are the GOAT unskilled jobs as of now?

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
Hy they should ask for tip
:yeshrug:

If they gotta take the risk on the road fym they crazy for asking for more bread (hahhhh)

Go to the drive thru if you got static with the manpower

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Even though tipping is rooted in racist practice from the reconstruction era, I still try to give good tips when having food delivered or eating at a dine in restaurant. I'll be damned if they tried that shyt with me though.

If your wages are low, take it up with DoorDash, Grubhub, Uber eats, etc!:stopitslime:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
@Cakebatter what would you say are the GOAT unskilled jobs as of now?
Onlyfans? :lolbron:

I don't know of any. Many of the good unskilled jobs of the past have succumbed to wage stagnation like every other job. There use to be plenty of jobs where you could work as the face of a company (Service/Sales), and be compensated well for it, given your importance to the profitability of the company. Those jobs are barely paying more than they did 30 years ago. Also many of those jobs have become victim to credential creep. You could at one point start by working at a Holiday inn or cheap motel and work your way up to Concierge at a nice Hotel, but today, that job requires a degree in hospitality. Even most mall retailers will state that they are looking for someone with a 4 year degree for management positions. Lastly, in retail, they don't give full-time work hours to non-managerial roles anymore, unless its absolutely necessary. So the idea of compensating for minimum wage, by working overtime is a relic of the past in the retail industry.

My "Back in my day..." diatribes aren't to put down today's young workers, but to show how broken the system is compared to the past. I can see how someone in their late 40s+ can feel like if they didn't financially succeed in life, it was their fault. Things are so different and worse today. Boomers and Gen X'er had it so much easier. If a young person has a talent and wants to create a YouTube channel around it, I encourage it. Visual media consumption is still a growing market, while the sale of consumers goods is diminishing along with the buying power of consumers. So follow the growth.

Here is a great video on what I think was the turning point in US corporate owner/worker relationships. Add in that at the same time US automotive companies were getting killed by high priced cars and high interest rates (10%+ apr for a new car), but they blamed it all on worker pay and unions.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Tell them to use electric cars, problem solved. Don't even need a tesla, a cheap ass chevy bolt probably cost less than the cars they driving.
No more fuel expense

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Not tipping someone who is risking their safety (going into dangerous areas and dealing with bad drivers) to bring you food with their own time and gas is downright pathetic.
man foh....they chose to do that job. They know the ills that come with it. If they still chose to do it, that's on them. You acting like these nikkas is delivering crab rangoon in Mogadishu or some shyt :camby:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
none of these apps we use to either deliver food move people have been able to turn a profit. it's kinda :mindblown: when you think about it.

the ONLY successful app that's able to deliver goods is amazon. but amazon has a whole next level when it comes to economies of scale vs these tech startups.

Amazon makes their money off Amazon cloud and prime memberships I would guess

Their FBA might be profitable too

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
I'm sure this thread is full of bootlickers blaming the employees rather than the Companies or the government who allow this shyt by not regulating it. :pachaha:

If you're a broke bytch and can't tip 20%. Don't order food, don't go out for food. Stay your ass home and cook or hit the fast food joint in person. It's that easy

broke-people.gif
I’m going to keep ordering, not tipping, and y’all ain’t finna do shyt about it :wow:.

247Alex

Pro
Daps
I use uber eats primarily if i want to order delivery ( usually on fridays when i am drinking at home)
Only 1 time has some out of pocket shyt happened. Lol the dude asked if i could give him a cash tip instead of leaving it on the app.
He seemed pretty desperate lol so i gave him 5 but i reported the incident on the app