Doordashers are messaging customers BEFORE delivery and demanding a bigger tip

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Couldn't this apply to any food you don't make yourself?
The likelihood far less when it is an employee directly from the restaurant.

The restaurant isn't being charged by a delivery service.
The food isn't marked up to make up the charge.
Therefore your tips are based off a lower price and thus the delivery person more likely to be tipped a customary 15% tip or more off of a meal.

The person delivering your food works for the restaurant and has a work base you can visit and stomp them out so the delivery person way less likely to violate than a random ass dope fiend that signed up for ubereats!

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
I'd tell em eat a dikk and keep the food. Then I'd get a refund from Doordash.
Same. I wish the fukk they would. Get my $ back,$30 credit AND some coupon codes for like 3 back to back to back half price orders like the time that chick thought she was slick and parked down the block at the corner for like 20 seconds to game the app and take off with my shyt. :stopitslime:

Bytch had to be hungry asf or just really really REALLY liked popeyes to try that shyt in the age of doorbell cams:heh:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
im more :confused: at all the fees Doordash adds: service fee, delivery fee, tax, etc ..

my food comes out to $15 but by the time I go to checkout it’s $26 then I gotta tip.
DD charges you more the further you are. none of that money goes to the driver:mjlol:

this chick did DD for a mn...she was always complainin. I told
i mean all their doing is picking it up and leaving it at the door idk what u consider a good job
ive had bad jobs they leave it wrong house, they drop it etc
but what do u consider good other than whats expected
If they go out of their way to get me my food. Give updates or let me know if theres something wrong wit my order

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
i'ma dasher and have been since 2019 and let me just tell y'all this shyt right here is fukkin preposterous :mjlol: i'd never have the audacity to contact a customer asking for tips i literally only do if the order is missing something or if i can't find their crib

the key to this shyt is to only accept orders that are over a certain amount so you can hit your hourly wage goal and not have to beg for tips, DoorDash doesn't have an acceptance rate requirement so you can decline all you want and nothing will happen

look at my stats my shyt is at 4% but i've seen people with 0 :heh: fukk accepting those low ass orders

VzJnEsV.jpg

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
I'm not broke gang, but tipping entitlement has gone nuts. This whole culture is making me nostalgic of fuddruckers - you know, order food at counter, pickup food at counter, get the red plastic cup for my soda to fill by myself and pick my seat with no weird tipping games.

ever since Covid-19 tipping culture has changed because when the shutdowns happen places starting expecting tips for takeout and curbside and once Pandora's Box was opened US society hasn't been able to return back to where it was prior :francis:

i once had some Chinese mofo fukk with my order cause i tipped like $1.86 on a takeout order :why: cats way outta pocket when it comes to tip expectations nowadays

Daps
M e reading this thread
What if you’re already tipping 20% or more and the Dasher is asking for more just because they know the extra tip option is there?
That’s just a hypothetical that people are looking for in order to justify vilifying labor that I have zero desire to even discuss.

When that becomes the norm and not some one off we can talk about it and even then the answer as always is regulation that forces the employees to pay their employees a liivable wage full stop.

Until then that article and everything being discussed is just another way of attacking labor by folks who don’t want to pay additional taxes or wages that they should be paying (corporations and billionaires)

If these companies can’t pay a livable wage they shouldn’t be allowed to exist in the first god damn place

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
M e reading this thread

That’s just a hypothetical that people are looking for in order to justify vilifying labor that I have zero desire to even discuss.

When that becomes the norm and not some one off we can talk about it and even then the answer as always is regulation that forces the employees to pay their employees a liivable wage full stop.

Until then that article and everything being discussed is just another way of attacking labor by folks who don’t want to pay additional taxes or wages that they should be paying (corporations and billionaires)

If these companies can’t pay a livable wage they shouldn’t be allowed to exist in the first god damn place
It’s not a hypothetical at all as Doordash Reddit is chalked full of stories where Dashers have asked for more tips when the driver has already tipped prior to placing the order.

These stories aren’t new in the slightest.

Of course the villain is the company itself, which is who the drivers should have the vitrol towards and not the actual customer.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I actually wanna see where the tipping point is gonna be over this shyt
someone posted a receipt...literally... of a restaurant that charged 22% on takeout out here, this wasn't a service fee as those have to be be disclosed up front by law, they just tacked on a 22% tip for takeout without permission and said it was their policy. one it's illegal, but 100% that's the tipping point, we're already seeing mandatory 20-25% services fees at restaurants out here, and still asking for tip. those places i proudly leave zero

Daps
It’s not a hypothetical at all as Doordash Reddit is chalked full of stories where Dashers have asked for more tips when the driver has already tipped prior to placing the order.

These stories aren’t new in the slightest.

Of course the villain is the company itself, which is who the drivers should have the vitrol towards and not the actual customer.
You got some numbers you can show me where that's the norm rather than anecdotal evidence? If not, I really don't give a shyt about these things that just punch down at labor. Y'all can keep doing that if you want tho. I'm not partaking in that kind of conversation, you have fun.

These people aren't the enemy

These people have no power, the government won't protect them. We should be on their side and pushing for them to get higher pay, instead people are in here whining about these people and villainizing them. Count me out on that shyt

Last edited: