Doordashers are messaging customers BEFORE delivery and demanding a bigger tip

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
EVERY place I regularly order from is within a 5 min drive from my crib. waiting on delivery literally makes ZERO sense. plus it cost a TON more.
I tried DoorDash once from a place that’s like maybe a 10 minute drive to the next town over. I really didn’t feel like going outside because it was pouring rain and cold. The food was worst than places right near me that I could’ve gone too, plus the plate was like 14 or so dollars but tips and fees pushed it to like 22 dollars.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
none of these apps we use to either deliver food move people have been able to turn a profit. it's kinda :mindblown: when you think about it.

the ONLY successful app that's able to deliver goods is amazon. but amazon has a whole next level when it comes to economies of scale vs these tech startups.
They are nothing without AWS too...both in terms of scalability, margins, and how it improves everything else they do.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I tried DoorDash once from a place that’s like maybe a 10 minute drive to the next town over. I really didn’t feel like going outside because it was pouring rain and cold. The food was worst than places right near me that I could’ve gone too, plus the plate was like 14 or so dollars but tips and fees pushed it to like 22 dollars.

when my leg was broken for 4 months and I literally could not walk or drive, I was ordering food on the regular, and a $8 burrito bowl from chipotle cost me like $20 all in to deliver. and mind you, chipotle is literally a 3 block walk from my house. but my hand was forced, and I had to order delivery. other than that, I NEVER order delivery. it's too costly and an outright waste of money IMO.

Last edited:

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
TIPS ARE A PRIVILEGE. NOT A NECESSITY.

No its absurd that somebody would put their life in the hands of a company that only offers a base pay of 3 dollars. Not my fukking problem. Now HURRY UP WITH MY DAMN CROISSANTS!!!
Getting your food delivered to you is a privilege too. Don’t be mad if your shyt comes late or never come at all. :yeshrug:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
We order Chipotle once a week and we used to get it delivered. You order through the website but it’s still DoorDash. After looking at the price difference after all the fees, and the fact that they just charge more for the items I just started going to pick it up. That was like an extra $15-$20 that we were wasting on fees and tips every week.

But get this, I still do online orders but instead I just go pick it up. When I pick it up, I usually don’t tip anything even though there’s an option to. I mean, for what? So sometimes we order double chicken, but they don’t always give us double chicken when we order it. So I did a little experiment. When I would leave a tip, they’d give us the double chicken… but if I don’t tip they don’t give us the double chicken THAT WE PAID FOR. I’ve confirmed this over about 7 or 8 orders.

I’m about to complain to corporate
You telling me you dont demand that double chicken after paying for it? Shieeet couldn't be me. I check my meal right there at the counter EVERY TIME before leaving the store. I've had instances where they dont put the right toppings on my burger so I peel that mofo right in front of them and hit the "This a single, I ordered a double patty. Also where my BBQ sauce at? :birdman:" and don't leave until they fix that shyt.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
They are nothing without AWS too...both in terms of scalability, margins, and how it improves everything else they do.
So true. AWS profits were used to subsidize the prices of products on Amazon.com. The dot com business was barely viable, and not really competitive with large retailers like Target, Walmart, Sears, etc. The FTC should have broken up Amazon long ago.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Literally messaging you in their native language lol. I can give a lil leeway on spanish but I've gotten actual Chinese characters more than once...like breh you're not even using my alphabet...:mjlol:
What raises the shyt to levels of tragic comedy is these mfs call me and since they cant speak English, they just make noise.
*phone rings*
Me: Hello?
Driver: *silence*
Me: HELLO? :dahell:
Driver: Eeeeennnnhhh :lupe:
Me: Who the hell is this?:what:
Driver: Dee-lee-vah!:sadcam: