Don't Look Up (Adam McKay) - Dicaprio, Blanchett, Lawrence, Streep, Hill, Chalamet, Cudi, Grande

Daps
Really good satirical piece:ehh:

It builds upon ridiculous stuff we’ve seen with COVID, so it’s hard to say any of this is far-fetched. The idea of the super wealthy escaping on a ship got me thinking…I can’t see it going down like that. I’m sure it would require quite a bit of support from non-passengers to get them loaded into cryogenic tanks and to get the spaceship off the ground. With an asteroid the size of Mount Everest barreling towards the earth seems plausible that support staff would lose all motivation to help these people escape. I know they were trying to drive home the unhappy ending, but I would’ve added a scene at the launch. Either show the support staff not launching or show a convo where staff uses ridiculous logic to help or decide not to block the launch.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You might be right, but the whole time I was watching it I thought the comet was just a vehicle to parody what happened with covid. There are too many Trump references.
That’s fair. The movie was developed before we heard of Covid-19.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not, “it would really be like this if something like this was occurring.” It’s more like, “this is already happening and we are like this.”

But yeah, this planet is fukked. We had a good run, though. :ehh:

Great movie. Great message.
Yeah McKay said he had to switch up some of the script because the whole COVID ordeal made it pretty tame compared to what was already happening in real life lol