Don't Look Up (Adam McKay) - Dicaprio, Blanchett, Lawrence, Streep, Hill, Chalamet, Cudi, Grande

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Is this Peter dude supposed to be a parody of Mark Zuckerberg? :mjlol:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rewatched it today and this movie is fire. Not surprising the media is so salty because they’re taking it on the chin through a large chunk of the movie. J Laws boyfriend and the paper he works for are painted as clowns as well as the Blanchett/Perry combo.

I loved it tho. Super easy watch.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
If anything, "subtley" is the poor critique for this film.

It's that obvious because people are that stupid. The joke is finally on them and they don't like it.
This movie was too damn real. You put this up there with Idiocracy as a mirror of how fukking stupid we all are as a species and society. Being led by these jackass politicians and business owners.

:francis: Too bad it’s happening in real time.

Last edited:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
enjoyed this. the line about people in the government being too stupid to do anything that insidious is spot on and something I tell everyone who always thinks the government is up to some shady conspiracy theory.

while a lot of it was on the nose, especially about the masses caring more about vapid pop culture shyt than more important shyt, it was necessary. Especially the shots at the media

basically my thoughts...I enjoyed this...can't say it was a great film but it wasn't bad

now while I usually don't like films to be this on the nose...the way our world is now, we've unfortunately lost the ability to be subtle

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Jobs, Zuckerberg, Gates, Bezos, Thiel, Musk, Branson, etc. It’s all of them.
Yeah he’s basically an amalgamation of every big time tech Billionaire, with an image I found creepily similar to the dude who led the Heaven’s Gate cult back in the 90’s:
heavens-gate-cult-hbomax.jpg

pjimage-2021-12-28T092434.204-1200x675.jpg

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
The only thing that was unrealistic to me was other world powers standing idly by. If this was real every intelligence community worldwide would be on it and would not let the US alone determine their fate. Maybe that was part of the satire. There was a point when it was too late that the UN said they were going to look into their own plan to stop the comet.

I still don’t think other powers would let it get past the original plan. We have a ton of drama as a country but this is bigger than US politics.

Raizan

Pro
Daps
Cate Blanchette reminded me too much of Laura Ingraham. She was sexier as Hela. Movie shows just how dumb people can be.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The only thing that was unrealistic to me was other world powers standing idly by. If this was real every intelligence community worldwide would be on it and would not let the US alone determine their fate. Maybe that was part of the satire. There was a point when it was too late that the UN said they were going to look into their own plan to stop the comet.

I still don’t think other powers would let it get past the original plan. We have a ton of drama as a country but this is bigger than US politics.
They mentioned that the UN's attempt failed after the campaign they did because of an explosion at their launch base right before their mission was to be executed. To me they made it seem like their was some level of espionage going on there.

I agree with your sentiment. The rest of the world would not let the US take the lead on some shyt like that.

:mjlol: