Don't Look Up (Adam McKay) - Dicaprio, Blanchett, Lawrence, Streep, Hill, Chalamet, Cudi, Grande

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Probably because of the ending

People are weak af and prefer happy endings and shyt

ending was depressing as fukk. Like gotdamn....it’s a wrap? I can see people not liking that.

overall good movie and I was cracking up. Good performances all around and the shyt was on point. We e lost our way as a society.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
ending was depressing as fukk. Like gotdamn....it’s a wrap? I can see people not liking that.

overall good movie and I was cracking up. Good performances all around and the shyt was on point. We e lost our way as a society.
Yeah i thought it was a great movie. Not something I would watch again, but I can see the message and the ending was a part of it.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Movie was kind of light. Writing wasn't really there, very surface level type comedy. They just threw a whole bunch of famous people in your face. With a bunch of no names this doesn't really push the needle :francis:

Coen brothers would have body bagged this.

Ending was pretty dope I'll admit. Trim it down and even out the tone and there's a good movie underneath. Movies going over 2 hours these days for no good reason.

Last edited:

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
I think peoples reactions to satire is similar to how hip hop fans react to diss songs.

Some people like the subtle, subliminal shots where you think you know who the dude is talking about it but you could be wrong. But it makes you think and it’s fun to debate or break down the lyrics

Then you have the blatant Hit Em Up type shyt where you know exactly who the dude is talking about. Doesn’t hit you with riddles, just smacks you in the face with its message. Some people find this way too simplistic and lacking in creativity, others love the bluntness.

I think this movie was much smarter than some of the critics thought because it had a meta commentary going on. Leo’s character was told to be subtle with his message, not be crystal clear with it. He went along with it until the point where he snapped and blatantly told the public what the fukk was going on. And I think the movie’s tone mirrored his character

I get why people wanted something less on the nose but sometimes subtlety isn’t needed and you need to yell it out loud and clear. I had similar thoughts about Bamboozled which I remember got similar criticisms for its lack of subtlety. Subtlety is great but there’s also value in movies that say exactly what they want to say in a way that’s impossible to misinterpret. Big reason why I’m a fan of Spike and Oliver Stone

Funny you brought up raps because I was thinking the same thing but to me it was more like a regular track since I'm already on board with whose being satirized

I look at it like Conway tracks. Sometimes he going off with the sports references having you like :whew::blessed:

Other verses he's on some straight

"I aint got hit you Imma have my youngin do it." (aight the youngins again :francis:)

"Punch a p*ssy rapper and took his chain." (that's just a sequence of events :francis:)

This movie felt like the latter

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
No prob, still curious why you think this a great movie. You never actually made any points in support of it. People just saying “you’re wrong
, so there.” Doesn’t really move the needle in either direction.
@Ed MOTHEREFFING G did counter with “Meryl Strepe is a great actress, therefore this is a great movie.”
I suppose thats one way to look at it.
You missed my point.

The statement I was responding to was that the movie like others tries to "trick people into thinking this is a good movie by having Oscar winners" (paraphrase). My response was "those Oscar winners are good actors...do you think they did a poor job?"

My point was you are welcome to blame the bad movie on actors if you think they did a bad job. But pointing out that it's star studded is irrelevant if the movies faults are outside of their performances.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed the movie. I think some of the people saying that Idiocracy was better might be uncomfortable with the reality of the movie and missing that the 2 movies were doing different things.

Idiocracy was a reflection of where society was going and this movie is a reflection of what society is now. We are currently living through this movie on multiple issues including gun control, COVID 19 and climate change to name a few. The movie was very real.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I enjoyed the movie. I think some of the people saying that Idiocracy was better might be uncomfortable with the reality of the movie and missing that the 2 movies were doing different things.
nope. shyt was just boring and kinda corny.(to me) I ain’t mad at people liking this, it’s not a bad movie, just did t appeal to me.

So we all know this is a parable about climate change right?
If someone doesn’t get that then they are a true eedyot

You like anything brother?
:russell:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You missed my point.

The statement I was responding to was that the movie like others tries to "trick people into thinking this is a good movie by having Oscar winners" (paraphrase). My response was "those Oscar winners are good actors...do you think they did a poor job?"

My point was you are welcome to blame the bad movie on actors if you think they did a bad job. But pointing out that it's star studded is irrelevant if the movies faults are outside of their performances.
Fair Enough.