Don't Look Up (Adam McKay) - Dicaprio, Blanchett, Lawrence, Streep, Hill, Chalamet, Cudi, Grande

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I always find these type of films pretentious. this is just hollywood teaming up to try and win an oscar by putting a bunch of oscar winners in front of the camera at the same time on some avengers type shyt.
people will then go on to rave about it and give it high critical praise, despite the concept, story and overall film being mid overall.
A satire ridiculing what a very good chunk of society believes is now pretentious Oscar bait?

You've lost the plot and need to stop parroting things you don't fully understand :whoa:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
A satire ridiculing what a very good chunk of society believes is now pretentious Oscar bait?

You've lost the plot and need to stop parroting things you don't fully understand :whoa:
Satires always ridicule society, why does that makes this one a particularly good movie?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Too long is maybe the worst complaint to me...if the movie is still funny or entertaining or thrilling...and youre watching it at home...it always seems like a complaint just to make one.

we’re not talking about the irishman here.
Sorry breh, when you can feel the runtime and find yourself checking the clock, it's probably too long. They and you will be alright :manny:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'm not arguing with you breh. You saw that the cast had a bunch of Oscar winners and your mind went directly to Oscar bait.

I'm extra good :pachaha:
No prob, still curious why you think this a great movie. You never actually made any points in support of it. People just saying “you’re wrong
, so there.” Doesn’t really move the needle in either direction.
@Ed MOTHEREFFING G did counter with “Meryl Strepe is a great actress, therefore this is a great movie.”
I suppose thats one way to look at it.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
I didn't hate it, it's certainly better than Vice. But where The Big Short was funny and enlightening, this was neither. If Jonah Hill wasn't in this it would've felt like a waste of 2 hours.
well maybe because you felt offended by the movie because you are apart of the mindless sheep brigade in this country. your opinion on movies is definitely not to be taken serious

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
well maybe because you felt offended by the movie because you are apart of the mindless sheep brigade in this country. your opinion on movies is definitely not to be taken serious

Oh FFS it's not that serious, stop crying. The movie just wasn't funny. Why are fans of this movie so goddamn sensitive? It's like y'all have never read or saw satire before.

You know what was a great comedy that satirized modern American politics and media but also managed to be funny? Veep.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Oh FFS it's not that serious, stop crying. The movie just wasn't funny. Why are fans of this movie so goddamn sensitive? It's like y'all have never read or saw satire before.

You know what was a great comedy that satirized modern American politics and media but also managed to be funny? Veep.

Funny you mentioned Veep, I immediately thought of that show especially the ridiculousness of Streep and her administration. If you found that Veep funny, this should have been entertaining as well :yeshrug:

BTW, Veep is one of the GOAT comedies of all time. Love that show. So fukking over the top:russ: