Don't Look Up (Adam McKay) - Dicaprio, Blanchett, Lawrence, Streep, Hill, Chalamet, Cudi, Grande

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this movie is plenty funny, i'm not understanding these reactions that it isn't funny at all. they managed to be funny in a movie that should piss me off b/c of the hellworld we live in. if it was any "funnier" everyone would just bytching it had too many jokes.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
this movie is plenty funny, i'm not understanding these reactions that it isn't funny at all. they managed to be funny in a movie that should piss me off b/c of the hellworld we live in. if it was any "funnier" everyone would just bytching it had too many jokes.
Jonah Hill was at his best, straight grown up superbad mode....i could watch him sarcastically shyt on people in any movie, in every act

everything worked to me, i stayed laughing

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I always find these type of films pretentious. this is just hollywood teaming up to try and win an oscar by putting a bunch of oscar winners in front of the camera at the same time on some avengers type shyt.
people will then go on to rave about it and give it high critical praise, despite the concept, story and overall film being mid overall.

Last edited:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
I always find these type of films pretentious. this is just hollywood teaming up to try and win an oscar buy putting a bunch of oscar winners in front of the camera at the same time on some avengers type shyt.
people will then go on the rave and give it high critical praise, despite the concept, story and overall film being mid overall.
Do you think, accolades aside, the movie was poorly cast? Like, if merryl streep or leo werent accomplished to you think they did a poor job? Not sure i follow.

most of the oscar winners you are referring to are very good actors

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
that movie was like over the top stupid
this movie was funny to the point you had to "get it"

I agree with you that idiocracy was over the top stupid. It still had some funny moments. "Don't Look Up" was like a feature film length 2021 SNL skit. Not funny at all.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Do you think, accolades aside, the movie was poorly cast? Like, if merryl streep or leo werent accomplished to you think they did a poor job? Not sure i follow.

most of the oscar winners you are referring to are very good actors
No, they are all great actors. I just think that they threw great actors at a very mid level concept in order to try to fool you into thinking this was a great movie. which it was not.
No way that many great actors read this script and said "i have to be in this film, even in a bit role." Nah, they probably saw who all was already going to be in it, and said, yeah i'll be a part of that.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
No, they are all great actors. I just think that they threw great actors at a very mid level concept in order to try to fool you into thinking this was a great movie. which it was not.
No way that many great actors read this script and said "i have to be in this film, even in a bit role." Nah, they probably saw who all was already going to be in it, and said, yeah i'll be a part of that.

This movie is the film equivalent of the 2021 LA Lakers thus far. A lot of big names and sounds great in theory, but in practice is a bland, hard to watch, sub .500 team.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This movie is the film equivalent of the 2021 LA Lakers thus far. A lot of big names and sounds great in theory, but in practice is a bland, hard to watch, sub .500 team.
Exactly.

To me, you guarantee a hit film with an all star crew. Not an All star cast.
If you told me Steven Spielberg was directing, the stunt crew from the raid was doing the chorography. set designer was Rick Carter, john Williams was doing the score, and ILM was handling the special effects.
and some best selling author like JK rawling was writing, I'd probably be like, :ehh: this might be a good ass movie. this movie left me thinking , why did they waste this much talent on this?

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This was better than I thought it would be. Not gonna lie, after Matrix 4, I was really hesitant to watch another medicore movie but this was alright.

Waaay too long though. 30 minutes could've been shaved off easily.