Don't Look Up (Adam McKay) - Dicaprio, Blanchett, Lawrence, Streep, Hill, Chalamet, Cudi, Grande

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
enjoyed this. the line about people in the government being too stupid to do anything that insidious is spot on and something I tell everyone who always thinks the government is up to some shady conspiracy theory.

while a lot of it was on the nose, especially about the masses caring more about vapid pop culture shyt than more important shyt, it was necessary. Especially the shots at the media

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Don't know why this has a bad RT rating, must have offended people who felt was the butt end of the movie's jokes. I enjoyed the poignant satire on today's political climate, news media, and social media influence. We've all witnessed this play out with Trump and COVID.

The ending with Streep's character and the Steve Job's character commenting on what killed her had me :dead:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Might be in my top 5 of this year honestly. It took a bit to get rolling but once the plot, much like the Comet’s course, got going it ended up being a pretty funny but grim reminder of what modern society is and where we’re headed. Somebody else said it in here, but this movie has been rattling around inside my head since I finished it. At times this didn’t even feel like satire, but more like an alternate version of this timeline, an improv skit turned into bizarre reality. A slightly more exaggerated version of the future.

I used to think satire on modern times had become too difficult because how do you seriously top any of the shyt that’s inspired it? But this film does a great job at exploring that concept to what I think is a frighteningly accurate degree. The performances really nailed the whole thing too. It was nice that the script also provided a solid balance to the characters, the protagonists were just as flawed and broken as the system and the antagonists they tried appealing to. Even if they were on the right side of history, it was how they handled it that was a failure almost as great as the other side’s. Deep themes and that ending was brutal, they really didn’t pull any punches there

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo stressed that snack money harder than the comet too :laff::laff:Jonah Hill roasting her ass and then putting her in the hood :laff::laff:
Good stuff

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Don't know why this has a bad RT rating, must have offended people who felt was the butt end of the movie's jokes. I enjoyed the poignant satire on today's political climate, news media, and social media influence. We've all witnessed this play out with Trump and COVID.

The ending with Streep's character and the Steve Job's character commenting on what killed her had me :dead:
Probably because of the ending

People are weak af and prefer happy endings and shyt

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
enjoyed this. the line about people in the government being too stupid to do anything that insidious is spot on and something I tell everyone who always thinks the government is up to some shady conspiracy theory.

while a lot of it was on the nose, especially about the masses caring more about vapid pop culture shyt than more important shyt, it was necessary. Especially the shots at the media
The movie was almost a mirror image.

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
It was ok. The message was too on the nose for me.

Jonah, Meryl and the Heavens Gate lookalike were funny as shyt

J Law annoys me in most roles she plays, never got the appeal. She is mediocre at best

Armageddon meets Idiocracy....it was entertaining enough but I don't get the praise I'm seeing from a lot of folk

Was 20 mins too long, kinda agree it felt like an extended SNL skit at times

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
latest

:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff: