Don't Look Up (Adam McKay) - Dicaprio, Blanchett, Lawrence, Streep, Hill, Chalamet, Cudi, Grande

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I swear I was thinking the same shyt for Dr. Oglethorpe. shyt wasn't even needed. :russ::snoop:

this dude's hair is the one thing i don't actually understand about the movie. it's so bad i think it has to be a commentary on something. "guy is a bigwig at NASA and can't even afford a decent car or hairpiece." or something

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think peoples reactions to satire is similar to how hip hop fans react to diss songs.

Some people like the subtle, subliminal shots where you think you know who the dude is talking about it but you could be wrong. But it makes you think and it’s fun to debate or break down the lyrics

Then you have the blatant Hit Em Up type shyt where you know exactly who the dude is talking about. Doesn’t hit you with riddles, just smacks you in the face with its message. Some people find this way too simplistic and lacking in creativity, others love the bluntness.

I think this movie was much smarter than some of the critics thought because it had a meta commentary going on. Leo’s character was told to be subtle with his message, not be crystal clear with it. He went along with it until the point where he snapped and blatantly told the public what the fukk was going on. And I think the movie’s tone mirrored his character

I get why people wanted something less on the nose but sometimes subtlety isn’t needed and you need to yell it out loud and clear. I had similar thoughts about Bamboozled which I remember got similar criticisms for its lack of subtlety. Subtlety is great but there’s also value in movies that say exactly what they want to say in a way that’s impossible to misinterpret. Big reason why I’m a fan of Spike and Oliver Stone

I love this movie. And you are ON POINT of how Dr. Mindy's arc (Leo's character) and the movie's arc from grounded satire to straight absurdity just to point it to people's faces the truth about this society. I mean goddamn.

Also, LMAO AT THE TWO MID AND AFTER CREDIT SCENES! :russ::russ::russ:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Leo’s character might be a little meta in referencing Leo himself. Dude is championing saving the world but then gets caught up fukking bytches and copping pleas at certain points where Leo is Mr. Anti Global Warming but will take the pj to any vacation spot to fukk whatever model he’s dating at the time

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great movie

Old billionaire dude reminded me of a Elon/Dr Fauci mix lol

Dr. Mindy reminded me about Fauci... getting White House exclusivity, gaining media fame.. all on your TV saying things that people want to here and not really what need to be said.

The old billionaire is definitely a mix of Musk and Gates. Especially his demeanor is very much Bill Gates, but his crazy tech ideas and ego is Musk.

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
Dr. Mindy reminded me about Fauci... getting White House exclusivity, gaining media fame.. all on your TV saying things that people want to here and not really what need to be said.

The old billionaire is definitely a mix of Musk and Gates. Especially his demeanor is very much Bill Gates, but his crazy tech ideas and ego is Musk.
Yea true def Gates

ImLionyall

Workin on dat Roar
Daps
Reppin
Serengeti
There was indeed another mission spearheaded by Russia and China that failed.

With an explosion at the Baikonour Space Center. I actually thought it was going to be revealed to be the US/BASH behind the explosion
Yeah with less than a month left to go. I also thought the same too but they dropped the ball.