DON'T fukk THIS UP (AGAIN) KYLE!!....2024 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS SEASON THREAD.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Hey everyone. Let's take a look at our defensive line.

Defensive Tackles

Javon Hargrave - Hargrave was a former Eagle who we gave a massive contract to join our team but he is already looking like a massive overpay. He was supposed to be a big pass rusher but while he got 7 sacks in the regular season he is not much of a run stopper. We can hem and haw about how we should have paid DeForest Buckner and I am more inclined to agree but he is the best of what we have and I think we will adjust the defense to cater more to his strengths and he will be a better contributor in run defense.

Performance: B
Potential: C+
Overall: B-

Malik Collins - Veteran defensive tackle. Collins is a well balanced defensive tackle. He has the size to be a space eater but he is good for 5 sacks a season as well. His tape won't pop out at you but he is a sleeper as far as defensive tackles go.

Performance: B-
Potential: B-
Overall: B-

Kevin Givens - 27 Year Old tweener. Givens is a smaller defensive tackle but he is a better run stopper then you think and has a good pass rush repertoire. He is a great value and is key to a good defensive line rotation.

Performance: C+
Overall: C+

Jordan Elliot - 2020 3rd rounder with Browns. He has been a backup most of his career but he has shown enough flashed to be a rotational player and he will do his best to be a run stopper and at least pressure opposing QBs.

Performance: C
Potential C
Overall: C

Kalia Davis - Promising young tackle who hasn't been able to stay healthy since he entered the NFL. I think he may need to start looking at another line of work. He was an impressive athlete in HS and College but you can't sack QBs from the training table.

Performance: D
Potential: D
Overall: D-

Defensive Ends

Nick Bosa -Top 3 defensive end in the NFL. Nick is a force of nature. Strong enough to stop runners and fast enough to rush the passer on a consistent basis. The last couple of years especially last year has been a test for Bosa's football IQ. He can outspeed and outmuscle most. But he has to look at the minor details to make him a true gamebreaker because you can kind of scheme around him. But this is nitpicking Bosa is elite.

Performance: A-
Potential: A-
Overall: A-

Leonard Floyd - Veteran Bills defensive end. Floyd is a high defensive end. A career 9 sack end. Who also got the career altering sack on Aaron Rodgers. Floyd is a bonafide pass rusher and though he has been nicked up in camp, He will be the perfect bookend for Nick Bosa with his combination of skill and experience.

Performance: B+
Potential: B
Overall: B+

Robert Beal Jr: Looking like he filled out some, Beal Jr. was an undersized DE/JB Hybrid. But he seems to have added some weight and looks good in the few snaps he's had. I think he can still be a very solid 'ELEPHANT' or DE/Hybrid LB. He bears watching but at worst he makes the practice squad or on main roster as a depth DE,

Performance: C
Overall: C

Yetur Matos-Gross: Young defensive end from the Panthers. Gross is 6'5 and 260 lbs. He has great athleticism and a motor. He can easily be an energy guy from the bench. With the injury. I don't know how long he'll be sidelined.

Performance: C+
Overall: C+

Drake Jackson - 2022 2nd Round Pick. I think his time in San Francisco is essentially done. He hasn't had many snaps the past two years and despite starting last season with 3 sacks. He has not lived up to his initial skillset. I expect he'll be released at the end of the season.

Performance: D+
Potential: D+
Overall: D+

Sam Okuayinoru - 2022 UDFA, 6'1. 270. Longshot but could be a decent reserve end on the practice squad.

Performance: D
Potential: D
Overall: D

Unit Analysis:

The defensive line has take more than a few hits to its depth generally speaking. With that said the ENDs have to carry the load while the defensive line and the linebackers and defensive backfield carry the load. It will still be a talented unit but coaching of Nick Sorenson with the help of Kris Korucek and Brandon Staley will be more important than ever.

Unit Grade: B

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm lost as fukk brehs, with the official roster we have right now, if the Trent situations gets fixed before Week 1 can he or can he not play? :patrice: