Don’t blame the players for load management, blame NBA teams

Do you agree with Nate?

• Total voters

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
:russ: :pachaha:

Imagine Jerry Krause telling Mike u have to sit , we got data from medical staff that says u going to risk that ankle injury

Mike would tell Jerry and the staff “ u see those 20,000 fans in Chicago Stadium? I’m the reason u and the medical staff got a job, GTFOH
I'm not aware of him making him sit out but he did make him play reduced minutes when he came back from the broken foot.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Sports is the clearest example of that because they have unions and yet we are taught to rail against labor while the billionaires to just walk around with no blame.
That's because those sports billionaires aren't in front of the cameras or on TV everyday compared to said players. As I mentioned before, the majority of fans couldn't even tell you who their FO is or even the commissioner of the sports leagues.

That's one of the main drawbacks in how the NBA promotes itself as it's players will always end up taking the brunt of the blame at the expense of everyone else.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Funny how this gets looked at as a player driven issue when it was started by one of the leagues most storied franchises :laugh:

Its def an organizational thing, anyone who doesn't get it is being willfully ignorant

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That's because those sports billionaires aren't in front of the cameras or on TV everyday compared to said players. As I mentioned before, the majority of fans couldn't even tell you who their FO is or even the commissioner of the sports leagues.

That's one of the main drawbacks in how the NBA promotes itself as it's players will always end up taking the brunt of the blame at the expense of everyone else.
Most billionaires aren't in front of cameras. Thats my point. :why:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Most billionaires aren't in front of cameras. Thats my point. :why:
There's not one correct answer and everyone involved from players, the media and ownership deserve blame, which is why again I say that putting a number on All NBA will help solve the problem as everyone will be held more accountable for what's going on.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
So how do you expect fans to place blame towards them if they aren't in front of the cameras nor know who they are? You think the media will report about it based on potential conflicts of interest?

People are going to complain about the people that they do know over the ones that they don't. That's just how it is.

There's not one correct answer and everyone involved from players, the media and ownership deserve blame, which is why again I say that putting a number on All NBA will help solve the problem.
All I said is we are taught to blame labor/employees, not those who make the decisions. I am not sure what you are arguing against now.

Fans hate players because they are in their faces, but we are taught it's the player's and employees' fault. We give no responsibility to the people who ultimately make the final decisions.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
All I said is we are taught to blame labor/employees, not those who make the decisions. I am not sure what you are arguing against now.

Fans hate players because they are in their faces, but we are taught it's the player's and employees' fault. We give no responsibility to the people who ultimately make the final decisions.
Part of that is on the media's job to help put a face to those people who help make the final decisions. Fans and people can't complain about someone that they don't know their names nor that they exist. That's all by design though as the billionaires and FO will hide behind the scenes and send out the players or someone else to take the fall for their decisions and lack thereof.

That's why it was dope that the players help put Tsai on blast for the Kyrie situation and help bring to light his transgressions outside of the Nets.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Nate is a player agent FYI

CaCs and c00ns are envious of these black athletes having a valued enough skill that provides them a certain autonomy over their careers that these lowlife burger flippers can’t get from their “bosses” they aren’t interested in actual logical discussions..they just want to emote their frustration with the personal conditions :francis:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Load management is bullshyt... but what irks me the most is they do it when its a big game.

If 82 games too much for these weak ass nyggas, play 50 WITH 2 games a week.. AND BAN LOAD MANAGEMENT

WEAK ASS LEAGUE
Every halfway decent game is a playoff preview to y'all, and the league made it such given with play-in, 20 teams are involved.
Like I said in the Dame thread, it's still an NBA problem as a whole. Ok let's not blame players, let's blame teams. Fine. Still in this age where everyone keeps repeating that players are more athletic than ever, have access to the most improved medical staffs, personal chefs etc...yet they are sitting. Something doesn't seem quite right. If they aren't able to go a full NBA season, maybe something has to be twitched in the schedule or in the lenghth of the season. It would be interesting to have numbers on how many players actually play the full season over the course of the years.

And if it's team forcing players to sit, why aren't players talking against it? It's the star players that are sitting out games, their contracts are guaranteed and they are the faces of their franchises. Lebron or Kawhi are afraid to speak against load management? What's the worse that could happen, a 20000 dollar fine? A couple...DNPs? Lol. If teams are the ones deciding who sits when, I'm pretty sure players are somewhat ok with it to a certain level.
Legit question: do you think Kawhi Leonard can legitimately make it through an 82 game season + playoffs without load management?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
FB-IMG-1677368127643.jpg[

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

It's also because it's a useless fight. Fans get mad at owners, but it becomes futile when you realize an owner can just respond by telling the fans "suck my dikk." When you argue against players, change may happen. Arguing against owners is yelling at a brick wall sometimes and fans will mostly deal with it either because they're afraid of losing their team or they don't wanna lose out on their fun of attending or watching a game, which is like punishing yourself.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Every halfway decent game is a playoff preview to y'all, and the league made it such given with play-in, 20 teams are involved.

Legit question: do you think Kawhi Leonard can legitimately make it through an 82 game season + playoffs without load management?

Probably not tbh. But could he be playing more games? Maybe. I don't know. I don't have a stuck stance on the issue. I understand some players having to be rested to avoid injuries as opposed to only reacting when injuries do happen. I get that. But it does seem to be a step too far when Dame plays in the ASG but does not on the first following regular season game. Regardless of whose call it was. But at the end of the day this impacts players and the teams far more than us fans obviously, so it what it is

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Probably not tbh. But could he be playing more games? Maybe. I don't know. I don't have a stuck stance on the issue. I understand some players having to be rested to avoid injuries as opposed to only reacting when injuries do happen. I get that. But it does seem to be a step too far when Dame plays in the ASG but does not on the first following regular season game. Regardless of whose call it was. But at the end of the day this impacts players and the teams far more than us fans obviously, so it what it is

Look at the Blazers up coming games this week. They are playing 5 times with 1 b2b games. The b2b (games 2 & 3 Pels and GSW) are vs direct rivals for the play-in/playoffs spot. Why wouldnt you give your 32 y/o star an extra day/game off to get ready for the upcoming fixtures. Beating Rockets Pels and Dubs in the next 3 is more important to the Blazers than Dame playing/not plying vs the Kings.

People are getting too caught up on 1 single game and totally ignoring the games that come up afterwards.

Last edited: