Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I'd be pissed too if my owner passed up the chance to get Wall/Wood just because they didn't want to take on more salary. Wood would've been the perfect 5 playing with Lebron/AD....Wall/Wood contracts expire after next season, why be so cheap?.......... I see a lot of people saying trade Bron/AD and rebuild. I get it....Rebuild and develop some young talent...but what happens when it comes time to go over the luxury tax and pay the young talent, is J.Buss going to cough up the money?.........LA needs an owner who isn't scared to pay a high luxury tax.
Trading a pick for a 1st round exit is not the right move, especially when you only have a few left till the end of this decade. It was the first good move the FO made. Wall is someone who has barely played last 3 seasons, and Wood is a solid player but not enough to swing a series.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Draft Assets depleted, zero young talent on the roster, 3 max contracts on the books...what miracle is the FO supposed to perform?

he does this every team...deplete Miami assets, bounce after 4 yrs, deplete Cle assets, bounce after 4 yrs

get that clown out of the purple & gold

I can't wait until we rebuild a team the Laker way...attracting a FA in their prime, making shrewd trades, and drafting role players in the late first
No top tier player moves as a free agent anymore
The super max is too desirable
They will sign that and force a trade if the situation sours

If you want Giannis, Trae, Ja Morant or Lamelo you will have to trade for them

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
You are probably right about that. But I think the Lakers are going to unload the clip this offseason and get rid of Westbrook and try to bring in a decent third guy.

Then they would probably agree to sign Bronny.

All that would do is set the franchise back even more

Westbrick has one yr left on his deal...I'd rather get him off the books, and sign role playing FAs to modest deals in 2023

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
A strong ownership group would give LeBron some type of ultimatum this summer. He can sign another extension for two more years or they're gonna trade him. They can't be left holding the bag and watching him walk for nothing with no assets for the next five years.

Anthony Davis should be traded no matter what.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
All that would do is set the franchise back even more

Westbrick has one yr left on his deal...I'd rather get him off the books, and sign role playing FAs to modest deals in 2023

Nah they are trading him after this season they have too.

If they do so Bron stays until 2025 which is good for profits.

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
We’re gonna have to do like we did when our last “big 3” fell apart and try to trade for and buy as many late first/2nd round draft picks as we can in the next 5 years and hope some pan out as well as they have in the past. This is when I gotta :pacspit: the FO for getting rid of Ryan West.