Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
AD gotta rebuild his value, no team will trade any good assets if he cant prove to play at least 60 games. With LeBron, they are never trading him unless he flat out asks. There have been multiple rumors that LeBron won't sign the extension so I understand why they don't want to throw away all the assets for a guy who might walk out regardless.

Even if we trade Westbrook, we are at best a 6th seed or below and if LeBron walks out after. It would be a huge blow to trade away the remaining picks just to get rid of an expiring Westbrook.

And for what its worth, Jeanie would rather lose with stars on her team than try to rebuild. We know she enjoys her money lol.
My question for you: do you think LeBron is still a championship caliber player?

Personally, I do. I don't know when he's going to really fall off but I've recalibrated what he's capable of in his twilight years like Brady in the NFL. His defense was generally poor but his offense, even when you factor in some games with stat padding, was sensational. I have no reason to believe he's gonna have a significant decline offensively next season.

People haven't been able to grasp how terrible and toxic Westbrook was to this team. I truly believe if all they did this summer was told him to stay home and brought back that bozo Schroder on a cheap contract, the team would be 10-15 wins better.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
there's literally nothing positive to hold on to about this franchise

terrible front office
probably gonna hire some retread like terry scotts
klutch still having a say
no young players
our only asset is an injury prone fat bambi in AD
no draft picks now and in the future

this is literally the woat situation in the league. :scusthov:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
My question for you: do you think LeBron is still a championship caliber player?

Personally, I do. I don't know when he's going to really fall off but I've recalibrated what he's capable of in his twilight years like Brady in the NFL. His defense was generally poor but his offense, even when you factor in some games with stat padding, was sensational. I have no reason to believe he's gonna have a significant decline offensively next season.

People haven't been able to grasp how terrible and toxic Westbrook was to this team. I truly believe if all they did this summer was told him to stay home and brought back that bozo Schroder on a cheap contract, the team would be 10-15 wins better.
On a deep team or a costar that is a 1b yes. He’s not that guy that can do it by himself like in 2018. Not because of skill but his body just doesn’t hold up anymore. He’s been hurt end of the year last two years. Its hard for me to say give up rest of the assets when the top two guys are hurt every year. There is no indication that this will change next year.

Lakers have pretty much locked themselves out of having a deep team. Our near future is completely dependent on ADs health and that’s a big if.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
im not sure why yall keep glazing past the fact that kobe fukking bryant with 5 rings, the face of the gotdamn franchise, did not have the amount of sway as new face in town LeBron.
You keep referencing one report when Bron and the FO were throwing dirt on each other's name. Lebron has as much sway as KD does in Brooklyn and Kawhi does with the Clippers, star players are generally more empowered nowadays than they were 15-20 years ago. Nevertheless, the Lakers didn't consult with Bron during any of their coaching searches in the last four years. He's not making every decision like ya'll claim.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Not a single person wants to take accountability lmao and Jeanie pretty much doubled down on Rambis, Magic and Phil helping her. Gonna need a 2-3 more losing seasons for her to wake up

Earv ain't going nowhere and she's not that dumb to alienate him. nikka is practically is a Buss anyway.

Her and Rambis wife are buddies so that's out.

Phil might be the odd man out.

But at the end of the day, it's on her and she gonna have to make the hard decisions. Earv and the Rambii will support regardless so she needs to do what needs to be done.

If that means cleaning house, then so be it.

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Jerry Buss leaned heavily on Jerry West, Bill Sharman, Pat Riley and Mitch Kupchak to help make basketball decisions.

Don't have a problem with Jeanie leaning on her circle to help make decisions.

Her track record is a lot better than Jim Buss and his bar tender scout.

Don't really care what Phil Jackson did in NY, I'm glad he is back in the fold in some capacity.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Lakers are better off running LeBron/AD/Brick back with another coach than trade another pick for the services of John Wall
if they trade Russ and a pick for the same exact player, I might give up on this team.

Woj said they interviewed Kenny Atkinson today, I like him. Feels like he can get best out of the role players which we need in a coach