Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Also, Covington has been a so-so shooter his entire career. What he's doing with the Clippers so far is a total outlier so you can't complain about Hield's shooting this year and prop up Covington's. He was shooting 38%/34% with the Blazers. shyt happens.

Covington is one of the best defenders in the NBA at his position, Heild is one of the worst. A player who can hit 37% of his threes (which Covington has done 3 of the last 4 seasons) while giving you elite defense at a critical position is 100x time valuable than a player who hits 40% of his threes with shyt defense. And Heild ain't even close to 40% for the year.

Schroder still woulda been there waiting for an offer too since he had to take the mid-level with Boston. Bring him back for the low along with Caruso and they could have had a rotation of:

KCP
Hield
Caruso
LeBron
AD

with Monk, Schroder, Melo and whatever else off the bench. They'd still need one more big but that's a pretty balanced roster. Coulda played with the roster plus the 2027 first to take on Powell and Covington since Portland was giving them away.

The main thing though was Westbrook LOCKED them into the team they had with no wiggle room. There was no way out.

I don't think schroeder was healthy for the team and I'm very down on his skill set. I agree with Caruso though. Just have the same roster but with Nunn instead of Schroeder....you just plain can't predict that that shyt was going to happen to Nunn, so it's Monday Morning QBing to factor it in retrospectively.

Getting both Powell and Covington is wishing for too much, but it is true that Blazers were straight dumping them. A starting lineup of:

LeBron
Powell
KCP
Covington
AD

Would have been a fukking cheat code.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Y’all keep talking about these moves that would barely move the needle when the biggest issue is ANTHONY DAVIS. This team was built with the understanding that AD would carry this franchise like Giannis and Jokic are doing. I promise you if he was that guy, no one would give af about the other non moves.

That's true, of course. No team paying AD $45 million and not getting AD in return should be expected to succeed.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Covington is one of the best defenders in the NBA at his position, Heild is one of the worst. A player who can hit 37% of his threes (which Covington has done 3 of the last 4 seasons) while giving you elite defense at a critical position is 100x time valuable than a player who hits 40% of his threes with shyt defense. And Heild ain't even close to 40% for the year.

I don't think schroeder was healthy for the team and I'm very down on his skill set. I agree with Caruso though. Just have the same roster but with Nunn instead of Schroeder....you just plain can't predict that that shyt was going to happen to Nunn, so it's Monday Morning QBing to factor it in retrospectively.

Getting both Powell and Covington is wishing for too much, but it is true that Blazers were straight dumping them. A starting lineup of:

LeBron
Powell
KCP
Covington
AD

Would have been a fukking cheat code.

Vogel would have Covington on the bench

Dude has no idea how to utilize players. Ellington has been money every stop he's been in except here and he's DNP status on a team that needs shooting. easily the woat coach

players leave vogel and turn up, never the other way around

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
it was always a mom and pop shyt even when Dr Buss ran it :manny: it's not like Jerry West and Mitch K were hired from the outside
Yeah, that's the point I was trying to make. No one had a problem with the insular lakers front office when it was producing positive results. Now that it's stalled out everyone wants to point fingers.

The team scouting department is above average. They can find players but they've all been sacrificed at the klutch altar in service of getting ad, re-signing tht, and trading for russ.

I don't know that it's realistic to think the Lakers will be run like Grizzlies and build from the ground up but there's a world of separation between that and whatever they're doing now. They can't really entertain that as long as ad and lebron are on the team though.

Yessir_Araphat

takin money>>gettin money
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
N/S Long Beach
Reality is setting in for me

200.gif

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I still trust Pelinka. We know he wanted to do the Hield trade (not amazing but we could all see the logic) and if he wanted Lue but got overruled on that (I still think Vogel's fine), he can't be the one taking blame for this mess. His decisions have been sound.
Whatever it is, this summer is his. Vogel will get the blame for this year. Pelinka will be on the hot seat next whether its fair or not.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
With the Lakers sucking this bad, it feels like the Celtics might just win it all to add insult to injury :patrice:
That can't happen man
THAT shyt CAN'T fukkING HAPPEN fukk fukk :damn:

This how I feel about this team this season.
Like all those times I stayed up late at night(eastern time zone bruv) to see them choke away a game when they had a lead. Would it had been better if I just went to sleep instead. Believing that this roster could amount to anything. Same feeling of hope every game to get destroyed everytime. Like we didn't even get much blowout wins like shyt is horrendous and now look we finna miss the play ins which to me is more bullshyt because no play ins we would not even be talking about playoffs we would be dead in the water already. This play in shyt is just some form of torture for the Lakeshow too because they should be dead but there's still that hope, and even so they keep fukking it up:mjcry:

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That can't happen man
THAT shyt CAN'T fukkING HAPPEN fukk fukk :damn:

This how I feel about this team this season.
Like all those times I stayed up late at night(eastern time zone bruv) to see them choke away a game when they had a lead. Would it had been better if I just went to sleep instead. Believing that this roster could amount to anything. Same feeling of hope every game to get destroyed everytime. Like we didn't even get much blowout wins like shyt is horrendous and now look we finna miss the play ins which to me is more bullshyt because no play ins we would not even be talking about playoffs we would be dead in the water already. This play in shyt is just some form of torture for the Lakeshow too because they should be dead but there's still that hope, and even so they keep fukking it up:mjcry:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
I still think the Lakers will win 4 out of 5 and make the playoffs.....San Antonio has road games in Dal, Minn, Den, and 2 home games vs GS & Port...I see them winning 2 gms max.....Looking forward to the Phoenix game. If LA can somehow beat them that would really boost my optimism about a potential playoff matchup.

LA doesn't have a draft pick...Might as well make the play-in game and enjoy some post-season basketball.

However, if we lose to Denver today, it's a wrap....Unless SA losses all 5 of their remaining games.