Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Last year was seen as an anomaly because all the other big teams went down with injuries too. Everyone thought the Nets and Clippers were going to beast this year and that the Bucks could only get better now that Giannis had broken through the wall.

But I think the biggest issue was Schroder/KCP/Kuzma/Caruso/Wes/Morris all played like absolute dogshyt against the Suns and the entire franchise lost confidence in all of them. Seriously, look at these #'s again:

Schroder 40% fg, 30% 3pt
KCP 38% fg, 21% 3pt
Kuzma 29% fg, 17% 3pt
Caruso 37% fg, 29% 3pt
Wes 30% fg, 28% 3pt
Morris 22% fg, 25% 3pt

That's vomit level. Lakers outside of LeBron/Gasol shot 24.6% on 3pt for the series.. Imagine running it back but you have to rely on them as your shooters, with the chance they'd replicate the same thing?

That's the #1 reason I think the Lakers decided they had to do something big or they were going to go home to whatever big team was healthy the next year.

It was probably a bad move - at least KCP and Caruso were worth keeping unless you got a sure thing in return. But I do understand what motivated the fire sale.

The Lakers shooting was trash in 2020 and they won the chip breh.

Their strength was defense and their ability to restrict to teams to under 105ppg.

They were holding The Suns to under 100ppg before AD went down

With their defense + Bron and AD they just needed 3 role players to average around 10-12 points in a game.

Last year was a rushed year where they got to the finals the previous year but had to come back early for the next. That’s what caused all the injuries and disruption. The team was fine.

Lebron panicked for no damn reason.

Trading away your defense and size for Russ, Melo, THT and Monk? :what:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Lebron panicked for no damn reason.

Trading away your defense and size for Russ, Melo, THT and Monk? :what:

First of all he wanted Derozan and second of all you right he did panic and you know why?

Because that hoe ass nikka KD had to get back on his popcorn Golden State fakkitry and engineer a trade for James Harden that’s why. If you remember the league balanced it self out that year. All the contending teams had TWO stars. Clippers, Nets, Lakers, Bucks etc.

Then KD had to be the hoe he is and get Harden and get his popcorn love on as usual. Bron was trying to matchup with the Nets..

Him and KD have a silent psychological war goin on KD tries to copy everything LeBron does and he panicked and got Harden because he knows he needs a team of All Stars to compete with LeBron

Last edited:

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Last year was seen as an anomaly because all the other big teams went down with injuries too. Everyone thought the Nets and Clippers were going to beast this year and that the Bucks could only get better now that Giannis had broken through the wall.

But I think the biggest issue was Schroder/KCP/Kuzma/Caruso/Wes/Morris all played like absolute dogshyt against the Suns and the entire franchise lost confidence in all of them. Seriously, look at these #'s again:

Schroder 40% fg, 30% 3pt
KCP 38% fg, 21% 3pt
Kuzma 29% fg, 17% 3pt
Caruso 37% fg, 29% 3pt
Wes 30% fg, 28% 3pt
Morris 22% fg, 25% 3pt

That's vomit level. Lakers outside of LeBron/Gasol shot 24.6% on 3pt for the series.. Imagine running it back but you have to rely on them as your shooters, with the chance they'd replicate the same thing?

That's the #1 reason I think the Lakers decided they had to do something big or they were going to go home to whatever big team was healthy the next year.

It was probably a bad move - at least KCP and Caruso were worth keeping unless you got a sure thing in return. But I do understand what motivated the fire sale.

Yea Morris had a stretch last year where he missed something like 40 consecutive 3 point shots. Kuzma was awful...the pressure got to him and the fanbase hated Dennis for all his antics...he cost them a better seed by getting himself banished into covid protocols down the stretch. So i get them being shipping them out...but Caruso and KCP? They were valuable pieces even when they didn't shoot well. They played hard defensively....Caruso should have been 1st or 2nd all defense. Not to mention they completely Sabotaged the coach and his philosophy...he's strictly a defensive guy and that's the only thing he does well. He can't coach offense and the front office should have considered that. That was straight negligence. Taking defensive minded guys away from Vogel is literally like taking a fish out of water...they just flop around gasping for air.

But what management turned this roster into was one of the worst cases of self mutilation i've ever seen....their crunch time lineup are 3 buyout guys plus Bron and Westbrook. And when your second best player routinely gets outplayed by scrap heap/G league guys then what you have is one of the worst rosters of all time.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
And I’m glad Tyronn Lue shytted on the Lakers :pacspit:

The front office needs to be shytted on and ridiculed constantly in public....

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
The situation in Philly needs to be monitored closely…Philly gettin knocked out in the 2nd round and that shyt is about to fall apart..After Doc gets fired Mediocre white man will hire D’Antoni and extend Harden for $60 million per which will lead to Embiid demanding a trade. We know Embiid wants to play with Bron..

Watch that situation in Philly :unimpressed:

Last edited:

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
First of all he wanted Derozan and second of all you right he did panic and you know why?

Because that hoe ass nikka KD had to get back on his popcorn Golden State fakkitry and engineer a trade for James Harden that’s why. If you remember the league balanced it self out that year. All the contending teams had TWO stars. Clippers, Nets, Lakers, Bucks etc.

Then KD had to be the hoe he is and get Harden and get his popcorn love on as usual. Bron was trying to matchup with the Nets..

Him and KD have a silent psychological war goin on KD tries to copy everything LeBron does and he panicked and got Harden because he knows he needs a team of All Stars to compete with LeBron
So is Lebron a hoe too?

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Hey Lakers fans
:whoa: I come here in peace but I want to ask you guys a question (I was going to make a thread but wasn’t sure).

Would you guys trade Lebron James, Anthony Davis and your 2020 championship if it meant you could get your 2017 baby lakers back (Zubac, Ingram, Randle, Lonzo, Kuzma & J.Hart)?

Mind you there’s no guarantee your kids will win a championship (strong chance they may not) or those kids become what they became after they left. So do you guys take that chance?

Naw, not at this point. Besides, all of them are in different locations so it would be impossible. We just gotta go through a much tougher and less pleasant version of our transition out of the Kobe era.

Shame tho, I truly wanted this all to work out.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I like what Brad Turner did to Russ it took a black reporter to stick up to that fukkin a$$hole. Every press conference this clown makes an ass outta himself I wish Brad Turner checked his punk ass harder..

I never disliked an athlete as much I dislike this clown Russ

He’s not worthy of wearing that uniform

If you saw Russ (or Kyrie, or KD….) IRL you wouldn’t say shyt you fukking p*ssy.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
There are a lot of Bron haters on this board, but you just might be the sickest in the head. Bron’s accomplishments and play solidify where he stands in history. What he’s done can’t be erased. He can only add to what he is accomplished, therefore, he can only go up - not down. He’s going to end up playing more seasons than anyone in history, all the while maintaining a high level of play. How the fukk is he supposed to go backwards when players behind him in the all-time rankings didn’t play this long and at this level?

He can’t possibly move down unless players in the future end up having better careers.

dikkriding Bron at 3am huh