Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I know people say Bron can't move down in the GOAT standings, but how can he still have opportunities to move up?

That's nonsensical.

If Bron has the chance to be the GOAT, he should have the chance to be #8-10 in GOAT talk.
I guess if he leads/contributes heavily to another championship team people will want bring the conversation up again but as it sits, he's #2/3 to me. Pretty embarrassing stint with the Lakers outside of the bubble. :manny:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Why didn't Bron just run the 2020-21 team back? :snoop:.

Lakers would have always been in contention for the chip regardless of seeding just by being the best defensive team + having Lebron and AD.

The blew it up as if they wouldn't have got past Suns last year if AD didn't go down :why:.

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
He was the best player on a championship team 17 months ago and that squad wasn't even deep like that. But at this point something miraculous would have to happen for the Lakers to get a champion-quality squad together again. That run was based on Bron/AD healthy and Rondo, Caruso, KCP, Morris, and Dwight all producing at a high value for their cost. To pull it off again the Lakers would either have to pull of a big trade for a real #3 or somehow score on 5 steals again.
AD was the best player

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Lakers would have always been in contention for the chip regardless of seeding just by being the best defensive team + having Lebron and AD.

The blew it up as if they wouldn't have got past Suns last year if AD didn't go down :why:.

Last year was seen as an anomaly because all the other big teams went down with injuries too. Everyone thought the Nets and Clippers were going to beast this year and that the Bucks could only get better now that Giannis had broken through the wall.

But I think the biggest issue was Schroder/KCP/Kuzma/Caruso/Wes/Morris all played like absolute dogshyt against the Suns and the entire franchise lost confidence in all of them. Seriously, look at these #'s again:

Schroder 40% fg, 30% 3pt
KCP 38% fg, 21% 3pt
Kuzma 29% fg, 17% 3pt
Caruso 37% fg, 29% 3pt
Wes 30% fg, 28% 3pt
Morris 22% fg, 25% 3pt

That's vomit level. Lakers outside of LeBron/Gasol shot 24.6% on 3pt for the series.. Imagine running it back but you have to rely on them as your shooters, with the chance they'd replicate the same thing?

That's the #1 reason I think the Lakers decided they had to do something big or they were going to go home to whatever big team was healthy the next year.

It was probably a bad move - at least KCP and Caruso were worth keeping unless you got a sure thing in return. But I do understand what motivated the fire sale.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

Injuries fukked up the season last year. Not to mention the season started 2 months after the Bubble, which contributed to the injuries. They woulda definitely went back-to-back if not for that. :shaq2:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Hey Lakers fans
:whoa: I come here in peace but I want to ask you guys a question (I was going to make a thread but wasn’t sure).

Would you guys trade Lebron James, Anthony Davis and your 2020 championship if it meant you could get your 2017 baby lakers back (Zubac, Ingram, Randle, Lonzo, Kuzma & J.Hart)?

Mind you there’s no guarantee your kids will win a championship (strong chance they may not) or those kids become what they became after they left. So do you guys take that chance?

Daps
I know people say Bron can't move down in the GOAT standings, but how can he still have opportunities to move up?

That's nonsensical.

If Bron has the chance to be the GOAT, he should have the chance to be #8-10 in GOAT talk.
There are a lot of Bron haters on this board, but you just might be the sickest in the head. Bron’s accomplishments and play solidify where he stands in history. What he’s done can’t be erased. He can only add to what he is accomplished, therefore, he can only go up - not down. He’s going to end up playing more seasons than anyone in history, all the while maintaining a high level of play. How the fukk is he supposed to go backwards when players behind him in the all-time rankings didn’t play this long and at this level?

He can’t possibly move down unless players in the future end up having better careers.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I like what Brad Turner did to Russ it took a black reporter to stick up to that fukkin a$$hole. Every press conference this clown makes an ass outta himself I wish Brad Turner checked his punk ass harder..

I never disliked an athlete as much I dislike this clown Russ

He’s not worthy of wearing that uniform

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
These nikkas just lay down every fukkin night like a fukkin prostitute and spread they legs like that street walkin crack addicted slut @10bandz this team disgusts me goddam :pacspit:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Hey Lakers fans
:whoa: I come here in peace but I want to ask you guys a question (I was going to make a thread but wasn’t sure).

Would you guys trade Lebron James, Anthony Davis and your 2020 championship if it meant you could get your 2017 baby lakers back (Zubac, Ingram, Randle, Lonzo, Kuzma & J.Hart)?

Mind you there’s no guarantee your kids will win a championship (strong chance they may not) or those kids become what they became after they left. So do you guys take that chance?
fukk no. That team wouldn’t win a ring.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
I like what Brad Turner did to Russ it took a black reporter to stick up to that fukkin a$$hole. Every press conference this clown makes an ass outta himself I wish Brad Turner checked his punk ass harder..

I never disliked an athlete as much I dislike this clown Russ

He’s not worthy of wearing that uniform
Russ needs to retire from basketball. He's a mental midget. Many players don't get these kind of opportunities like he had. He earns a big fat paycheck and he's unhappy playing basketball. Give the roster spot to someone else.