Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Like I always say, y'all eventually come around to my views. THT never, ever should have been part of this year's team. Low-key keeping THT was a top-3 worst roster decision the Lakers made this year (along with trading for Westbrook instead of a 3-and D, and failing to sign another big in the offseason).

February 2021

July 2021

August 2021

You were wrong about Kuz thought but yeah I was getting trashed for saying THT was sorry for the last two years.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now imagine if we had AD/Nunn, and made 1 or 2 moves at the deadline.
Team is garbage & that “if we had AD” narrative has been proven false. We were below average with him

:mjlol: Nunn being the difference maker. We are an avg to below avg team. We have all the traits

Can’t string together long winning streaks. Can beat other avg to below avg teams

Actual tier 1 or tier 2 teams push our shyt back. I still think we have very winnable games remaining. That’s more to do with the opponent not us

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Team is garbage & that “if we had AD” narrative has been proven false. We were below average with him

:mjlol: Nunn being the difference maker. We are an avg to below avg team. We have all the traits

Can’t string together long winning streaks. Can beat other avg to below avg teams

Actual tier 1 or tier 2 teams push our shyt back. I still think we have very winnable games remaining. That’s more to do with the opponent not us

Nunn would have made a big difference on offense he gives you an efficient 15 on 48/38/90 splits :mjlol:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
For the last two years every time AD is healthy vs the Suns he cooks them for damn near 40.

They have no answer for that man.

If the Lakers that beat the Cavs and Raptors add AD and possibly Nunn I think they have a shot:yeshrug:

Booker and CP3 would cook them, can't guard the perimiter like they did last year.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You were wrong about Kuz thought but yeah I was getting trashed for saying THT was sorry for the last two years.

He's so young, it's easy to talk yourself into his future after a good game, but he really hasn't shown any progress on his weaknesses in two years, (defense, 3pt shooting, no left-hand),:francis:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Kuz should have been traded at his peak value the year before instead of waiting for last offseason. Lakers have no reason to regret trading him, just regret trading him for Westbrook. Don't be fooled by his high-usage stats - he's still far more valuable as a high-usage player on a shyt team than as a role player on a good team. Too inefficient and too poor on defense to be a true playoff contributor.

Bron
AD
KCP
Caruso

Were the only guys worth keeping from that 2021 squad. And either KCP or Caruso could be traded in a package if you were upgrading with a better 3-and-D guard/wing.

For the price, I think picking up Monk, Nunn, Carmelo, Reaves, and Johnson were all solid roster-filling moves. But they also needed 1-2 more defensive bigs (someone like Isaiah Hartenstein), another ballhandler (Lowry? Dragic?), probably a more reliable shooter (Heild?), and most of all a reliable high-level 3-and-D wing (Covington? Batum?). They should have then used Kuzma, THT, Harrell, possibly draft picks, possibly Schroder sign-and-trade, and possibly KCP or Caruso to get those.

MyApps

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Russ been balling lately :ehh:. Good W for the team.
Yeah but I think they should bench him.

Or just waive him, why not?

He's the worst player on the team and the league. He just got lucky today.

Don't worry, he'll get 15 TOs and shoot 12% from the field next game. I'm sure of it.

:sas2: