Dominican brehs, how did Dominicans feel when Sammy Sosa bleached his skin?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

Well thats misinformation that Dominicans purposely entertain then. Thats quite sad lol.

purposely? its a cultural difference playboy. in this country race is the number 1 identifying factor.

every where else in the world, its nationality.

thats that typical arrogant american thinking that the way u see things is the right way and the rest of the world is wrong :stopitslime:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Poetic Justice, that Self-Haters turns into embalmed zombie:ehh:

...all, cuz they wanted to be a be a caucasoid:mjlol:

:ohhh: so 1 guy does something and it defines the rest of us huh?

lets not go down that road :sas2:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
purposely? its a cultural difference playboy. in this country race is the number 1 identifying factor.

every where else in the world, its nationality.

thats that typical arrogant american thinking that the way u see things is the right way and the rest of the world is wrong :stopitslime:
Im seeing the words as per their definitions.

AA is our nationality so if you saw nationality you would only associate us as AAs.

Its actually quite disrespectful to Africans for you guys to say that black = AAs since we are a bit diluted ourselves.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

AA is our nationality so if you saw nationality you would only associate us as AAs.

Its actually quite disrespectful to Africans for you guys to say that black = AAs since we are a bit diluted ourselves.

lets not kid ourselves. anybody that is educated in semantics knows the obvious difference between black and aa but in this country when u hear black u automatically think aa. just how it is. thats why jamaicans refer to themselves as jamaican and ghanians as ghanian but my dude from down the block will say he's black not AA.

Blackout

Daps
lets not kid ourselves. anybody that is educated in semantics knows the obvious difference between black and aa but in this country when u hear black u automatically think aa. just how it is. thats why jamaicans refer to themselves as jamaican and ghanians as ghanian but my dude from down the block will say black not AA.
In this country aka white supremacy and racial tension when you hear black you see a black person aka the n word coming from a racist white person.

More Dominicans need to be educated in semantics cuz white racists in this country will see you as just another n word who speaks spanish. :yeshrug:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Well then more Dominicans need to be educated in semantics. :yeshrug:

more black people too because i almost never hear a black person outside of brothers like cornell west and coli militants refer to themselves as african american.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset

gotdamn!! is not about us or you being diluted!! we identify by our nationality and YOU identify by race...like I said before my complexion is the woman in my avi...and I still have AAs asking me where Im from...:snoop:

Blackout

Daps
more black people too because i almost never hear a black person outside of brothers like cornell west and coli militants refer to themselves as african american.
We refer to ourselves as both black and african american. Its interchangeable because we are both.

Just like a Dominican can be black and Dominican or white and dominican.

Arianne Martell

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In this country aka white supremacy and racial tension when you hear black you see a black person aka the n word coming from a racist white person.

More Dominicans need to be educated in semantics cuz white racists in this country will see you as just another n word who speaks spanish. :yeshrug:

we don't give a fukk they would get dealt with accordingly

Blackout

Daps
gotdamn!! is not about us or you being diluted!! we identify by our nationality and YOU identify by race...like I said before my complexion is the woman in my avi...and I still have AAs asking me where Im from...:snoop:
Miss it doesnt matter which label you like better. If you are black and Dominican then you are black and Dominican. Thats just facts.

Nobody has an issue with you identifying with your nationality lol.

Blackout

Daps
the Whites gave you that identity...why can't you just be American :sas1:? since you skin color and physical features already determine that you are a descendant from West Africa?
I am american. People are a race and a nationality. Everybody has both a race and a nationality.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
We refer to ourselves as both black and african american. Its interchangeable because we are both.

we refer to ourselves as dominican no matter what complexion we are and we dont like being referred to by race. is that really so wrong?

i would understand if u had a dominican tell u "im not black im euro-dominican" but even white dominicans will hit u with the stop it slime im not white im dominican.

its just a cultural thing idk why its so hard to comprehend.

Arianne Martell

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miss it doesnt matter which label you like better. If you are black and Dominican then you are black and Dominican. Thats just facts.

Nobody has an issue with you identifying with your nationality lol.

Is not that I like one label over the other Mister...I enough pride in who I am, where I am from and where I came from to just say I am Dominican...that word alone says everything.