Dominican brehs, how did Dominicans feel when Sammy Sosa bleached his skin?

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
"im not white im dominican"

-every white dominican ive ever met including myself

:manny:

But that's true, even if I appear white, u most like still have African heritage and u acknowledge that..however when I meet a Dominican chick with black skin and black features telling me she's not black I'm like :dahell: that's like me wearing glasses n saying "I'm not wearing glasses"

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
That's me right there
Most people think I'm either white or Rican

people will believe im russian before they believe im dominican. ive actually tested that and its true.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
But that's true, even if I appear white, u most like still have African heritage and u acknowledge that..however when I meet a Dominican chick with black skin and black features telling me she's not black I'm like :dahell: that's like me wearing glasses n saying "I'm not wearing glasses"

Black = African American

was she raised here or in DR?

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
sammy trying to look like arnold rothstein nowadays :dead:

1455905_785026151534075_2964581200431085492_n.jpg
497c2dd5ad4c7aab75ffd289d6a4df1a.jpg
dude looks dead:huhldup:

Tropical Fantasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Beverage Fridge, 3rd Row!!
Actually no.

Black is a race and African American is an ethnicity.

So a Dominican can be black.

Its good for you to know the difference between ones race and ethnicity.

What she means is that amongst Dominicans in the US, Black = Black American

That's why if you ask a Dominican if theyre black theyll most likely say no. If you ask them if they have African ancestry, theyll say yes.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Actually no.

Black is a race and African American is an ethnicity.

Its good for you to know the difference between ones race and ethnicity.

I know the difference. and its good for you to know the context in the response when Dominicans say they are not "Black" for the most part and what I know is that when you ask that, the response is that they are not Black = African American and that they are Dominican. end of story.

The most ridiculous bs I have to endured when I meet AAs is when they ask me if I am Black...there is no confusion to where my ancestors came from because no part of me is "exxotical"...anyways, AAs ask me if I am Black and I tell them no I am Dominican not Black = African American

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

That's why if you ask a Dominican if theyre black theyll most likely say no. If you ask them if they have African ancestry, theyll say yes.

exactly. any dominican that can look u in the eye and deny that we have african ancestry is an idiot and even other dominicans will tell u he's an idiot. our culture is like 70% african influenced in every aspect from music to food.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps

I know the difference. and its good for you to know the context in the response when Dominicans say they are not "Black" for the most part and what I know is that when you ask that, the response is that they are not Black = African American and that they are Dominican. end of story.

The most ridiculous bs I have to endured when I meet AAs is when they ask me if I am Black...there is no confusion to where my ancestors came from because no part of me is "exxotical"...anyways, AAs ask me if I am Black and I tell them no I am Dominican not Black = African American
exactly. any dominican that can look u in the eye and deny that we have african ancestry is an idiot and even other dominicans will tell u he's an idiot. our culture is like 70% african influenced in every aspect from music to food.
Well thats misinformation that Dominicans purposely entertain then. Thats quite sad lol.