Dominican brehs, how did Dominicans feel when Sammy Sosa bleached his skin?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
we refer to ourselves as dominican no matter what complexion we are and we dont like being referred to by race. is that really so wrong?

i would understand if u had a dominican tell u "im not black im euro-dominican" but even white dominicans will hit u with the stop it slime im not white im dominican.

its just a cultural thing idk why its so hard to comprehend.
Just say that you dont like being referred to by race instead of denying that your black. :yeshrug:

Blackout

Daps
Is not that I like one label over the other Mister...I enough pride in who I am, where I am from and where I came from to just say I am Dominican...that word alone says everything.
Im cool with that. Its just that its factually wrong to say that black = African American when race and ethnicity are two different things and is offensive to the real Africans and not us AAs who are descendants.

Last edited:

Blackout

Daps
u guys really that sensitive? :heh:
Im just about facts.

Saying black = AA is factually wrong. One is race and one is nationality and itsnt the same category.

But hey if you want to believe a lie that black then stay delusional.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Im just about facts.

Saying black = AA is factually wrong.

But hey if you want to believe a lie then stay delusional.

she wasnt saying that like its a fact, she was explaining a perception. we are not alone in this perception. in fact, im sure many black children growing up have had to learn this distinction at one point or another.

Blackout

Daps
she wasnt saying that like its a fact, she was explaining a perception. we are not alone in this perception. in fact, im sure many black children growing up have had to learn this distinction at one point or another.
That perception is wrong no matter who has it.

Race and Ethnicity arent the same thing.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Im just about facts.

Saying black = AA is factually wrong. One is race and one is nationality and itsnt the same category.

But hey if you want to believe a lie that black then stay delusional.

let me put it in baby steps for you:

1. Black = AA = informal Spanish = los morenos = formal Spanish = afro Americano

Blackout

Daps
let me put it in baby steps for you:

1. Black = AA = informal Spanish = los morenos = formal Spanish = afro Americano
There are black Dominicans too lol.

Our ancestors aka black people existed before AAs so what your saying makes it look like before AAs there were no black people.

Such terrible logic. :snoop:

Last edited: