Dominican brehs, how did Dominicans feel when Sammy Sosa bleached his skin?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
so by your logic, african-american is a nationality correct?
American more so.

Race is black, American nationality.

We call ourselves African American to express our connection to Africa.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Your still black. :sas2:

and I have never denied it :umad: unlike you, I don't have to go around trying to prove that because I have pride, a country of my own, my own flag, national anthem, national heroes and tyrants, my own wars, land, money, music, food, arts I have my own paradise on earth :blessed:

Dominicana hasta la tambora!!!

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
lets not kid ourselves. anybody that is educated in semantics knows the obvious difference between black and aa but in this country when u hear black u automatically think aa. just how it is. thats why jamaicans refer to themselves as jamaican and ghanians as ghanian but my dude from down the block will say he's black not AA.
To be fair I don't think Indians or Asians have that luxury either.

Blackout

Daps
and I have never denied it :umad: unlike you, I don't have to go around trying to prove that because I have pride, a country of my own, my own flag, national anthem, national heroes and tyrants, music, food, arts I have my own paradise on earth :blessed:

Dominicana hasta la tambora!!!
I see.

So what made you leave?

I hope you plan to go back someday since based on what you say you have no reason to be outside of the Dominican Republic.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
To be fair I don't think Indians or Asians have that luxury either.
im not sure what u mean

I see.

So what made you leave?

I hope you plan to go back someday since based on what you say you have no reason to be outside of the Dominican Republic.

ah that same tired weak argument.

our parents left to make a better life for their kids and most of them succeeded. they also managed to keep us connected to our roots no matter how americanized we have become.

Blackout

Daps
so u refer to yourself as black AND african american? see where im getting at? isnt it kind of redundant? doesnt black already imply you have african ancestry?
How is it redundant when I am both. Black is my race and African American is my nationality.

If someone asked me if I was black I would say yes because thats my race.

If someone asked me if I was African American I would say yes because thats my nationality.

You can be black and have a different nationalty which makes any black Dominican denying that they are black wrong.

Blackout

Daps
I didn't have much of a choice, I was a teenager and my mom decided what was best for me :yeshrug:

I go every year, and yes I am planning on staying for good...

im not sure what u mean

ah that same tired weak argument.

our parents left to make a better life for their kids and most of them succeeded. they also managed to keep us connected to our roots no matter how americanized we have become.
So how do you expect your country to rise if you dont plan on going back and supporting it? :yeshrug:

If you guys have so much pride in your own country woudlnt you want to make sure it rises thanks to your support? :manny:

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
We shook our heads and tried to laugh it off.

and forreal? Another "Dominicans are self-hating c00ns" derailment?

I'm Dominican. I have black family. The religious Tio Juans may act like they ain't come from Africa, but all the educated people in my fam know what's up. Stop acting like it's every single person from D.R. that's like that. It's ignorant.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
How is it redundant when I am both. Black is my race and African American is my nationality.

If someone asked me if I was black I would say yes because thats my race.

If someone asked me if I was African American I would say yes because thats my nationality.

You can be black and have a different nationalty which makes any black Dominican denying that they are black wrong.

its redundant because if race is one thing and ethnicity is another as u say. so why not just say "i am black and american". ill tell u why, because in AMERICA, race is everything. so even when u say what nationality u are, u have to throw race in there too. in DR, a dominican is a dominican no matter what skin color he or she is. so when we come here we arent used to your line of thinking.

"where u from?"

"im dominican"

"nah u black"

"no im dominican"

"c00n"