Dominican brehs, how did Dominicans feel when Sammy Sosa bleached his skin?

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
That's a given, I mean the people fight. You are female so i give you a pass but, the males should not be docile. You fight for your family, and want better for them, even if it means you die or hurt. You are thinking about the bigger picture, and don't want it to be an easy capture of your people.

I understand what you are saying and I am telling you these men were killed off...there are a few but not enough to fight...the rest are concerned with how to get ahead in life by any means necessary as in personal goals instead of a national one.

Rubio

Banned
Daps
you are delusional if u think dominicans in DR arent even more proud of being dominican than we are.

What are you chopos even talking about? Yeah, we "Dominicans in DR" are very proud of our roots. In DR black Dominicans know they're black and are proud of their African ancestry, and know the difference between race and nationality. That's why people like Sergio Vargas calls himself "negro de villa", not "dominican de villa".

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
and arianne tried to explain to u why that was. a black dominican saying "im not black" does not equal "i have no african ancestry" at least not always
A black Dominican saying I am not black is wrong. Thats what it equals to.

They are black. No matter what they think saying that means.

It looks like them saying something thats factually wrong is accepted among most Dominicans based on you and her trying to justify it. :huhldup:

Educate your people dude.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
See, this is the problem, we are too sensitive. No where did I disrespect anyone. In fact, I was called an idiot form asking a question. I still didn't dis this person back. This is another example of us not seeing the truth, and letting our emotion cloud our perception, which is why they got us good. At some point you have to shut them emotions down, and see the truth, to deal with your problems.

The MJ face is not me being emotional. I've been speaking the truth as I know it and see you and 7Revo (who I will classify as being on the opposite side of this debate) doing the same. I'm just noticing that it's hard for us to respectfully disagree. As someone who knows the history of this world and this country I can understand (albeit less than you can) where you're coming from, but just because we don't agree doesn't make any of us right or wrong. Like you said before, the big issue is the system put in place by white supremacy, not how we choose to identify and call ourselves. Cultural differences are a motherfukker.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
What are you chopos even talking about? Yeah, we "Dominicans in DR" are very proud of our roots. In DR black Dominicans know they're black and are proud of their African ancestry, and know the difference between race and nationality. That's why people like Sergio Vargas calls himself "negro de villa", not "dominican de villa".

are u pretending to be a dominican in DR? chopo?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

It looks like them saying something thats factually wrong is accepted among most Dominicans based on you and her trying to justify it. :huhldup:

:snoop: forget it dude.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The MJ face is not me being emotional. I've been speaking the truth as I know it and see you and 7Revo (who I will classify as being on the opposite side of this debate) doing the same. I'm just noticing that it's hard for us to respectfully disagree. As someone who knows the history of this world and this country I can understand (albeit less than you can) where you're coming from, but just because we don't agree doesn't make any of us right or wrong. Like you said before, the big issue is the system put in place by white supremacy, not how we choose to identify and call ourselves. Cultural differences are a motherfukker.
Again, where did I make the argument 7revo is making? I asked why do latins claim race isn't important in latin countries like it is here, yet they are always at the bottom? Everything after that was replies dealing with the topic I brought up. If you can find me post something different, please do it.

It's over for us:sadcam:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
So you gonna just leave your people to say something wrong. To get laughed at by those more educated on such matters?

Thats fukked up. :wow:

:beli: whatever u say. i killed enough time banging my head against the wall with u now i have work to do. ill let u cook as if u know wtf u talking about

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset

This is the weakest argument in this thread....:smh:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
:beli: whatever u say. i killed enough time banging my head against the wall with u now i have work to do. ill let u cook as if u know wtf u talking about
I do know what Im talking about. Its you and many others who say "Im not black" who dont know what they are talking about.

Look up the definitions of race and ethnicity and then come back to me.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana

It isn't wrong. It might be something being lost in translation but a Dominican will identify as Dominican. That doesn't mean he won't acknowledge his skin color or African ancestry, it just means he is first and foremost in his mind Dominican. It really shouldn't be hard to understand. shyt, my family is from D.R. but I will always identify as a New Yorker before anything. It's just that on a grander scale. I'm still Dominican and that won't change, and if you ask me to trace my heritage I'll be glad to, but I'm from Queens.

I get you mean the ones who deny their African ancestry altogether but that way of thinking is almost out the door and it's a little ignorant to think all black latinos who don't identify initially as black do it because they want to be as far away from African as possible.