Dominican brehs, how did Dominicans feel when Sammy Sosa bleached his skin?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I am aware of the Haitian vs Dominican thing.

yea but that ties in to what u were saying about mixed dominicans being more about nationality. black dominicans are also more about nationality and part of it is the whole haitian thing. white dominicans are also proud of their nationality.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
yea but that ties in to what u were saying about mixed dominicans being more about nationality. black dominicans are also more about nationality and part of it is the whole haitian thing. white dominicans are also proud of their nationality.
Black and white DRs are about that because:
Because a society is most affected by whoever is in control and the majority in control in DR is mixed based on what Ive seen so everybody else follows along.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm talking about the whole chinese people following you through the store saying hurry up and buy shyt. White women clutching their purses when you walk by. Dominicans from D.R. dress tacky as hell you'd know they weren't from here.

Stop & frisk doesn't just affect dark people it targests neighborhoods. 115 precinct is one of the top 5 for stop & frisk and the area they patrol is equal parts black as it is hispanic. Are the colombian kids they stop just exceptions to the rule? No, they live where they live. You don't gotta be black to get shat on by police.

Maybe now, it isn't like that but in the 90's, there was no difference. I remember the first time I heard latins who look black acting like shyt was different for them, then us, and it was a dominican. I'm not talking shyt, just telling my experience. It tripped me out. What's funny is the latins who grew up with me and other blacks, had to explain to them how shyt went. Before that I never dealt with dominicans. Or I just thought they were just black people:yeshrug:

That's my point! They don't give a fukk what YOU consider yourself, you are still a ****** to them. It's not about neighborhoods, that's the game they play on you. 80% of the millions of people stopped had done nothing wrong, or found to do anything wrong. It could be more of a percentage.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Because a society is most affected by whoever is in control and the majority in control in DR is mixed based on what Ive seen so everybody else follows along.

:mjlol:

This is one of our founding fathers

Francisco_del_Rosario.jpg

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
this was one of our national heroes and leaders of the revolutionary party who lost the election to become president because of fraud, TWICE.

6b72d1_81db4f2f0aa0632a5bbd5ff2ea056caf.jpg
Cool but isnt DR a mixed race society?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Cool but isnt DR a mixed race society?

DR is mostly mixed yes.

u implying that the only reason we identify as dominicans first and foremost is because we are mixed and have no racial identity but thats BS.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listen people. I see no one understands how this world works. I'm getting simple answers, but, from certain things I'm reading, I'm seeing most have no idea. Look up Neely Fuller, Jr. and listen to what he says. Take out the emotional aspect, and just listen to him. It will save you pain, and heartache. The internet has made me see us non-whites are really losing this game beause we don't see what's going on or we just accept bullshyt because we are competing with each other, and staying in our nice little boxes. Watch me get an argument from this post:mjcry:

It's not about all white people are bad, or some hate white people shyt. It's about racists whites who have a system in place that prevents you from growing. They have YOUR MIND.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
Maybe now, it isn't like that but in the 90's, there was no difference. I remember the first time I heard latins who look black acting like shyt was different for them, then us, and it was a dominican. I'm not talking shyt, just telling my experience. It tripped me out. What's funny is the latins who grew up with me and other blacks, had to explain to them how shyt went. Before that I never dealt with dominicans. Or I just thought they were just black people:yeshrug:

That's my point! They don't give a fukk what YOU consider yourself, you are still a ****** to them. It's not about neighborhoods, that's the game they play on you. 80% of the millions of people stopped had done nothing wrong, or found to do anything wrong. It could be more of a percentage.

That's MY point. We all ain't shyt to those in power but here you are arguing over semantics like it makes a fukking difference. I can't speak on your experience cause I ain't live your life but everywhere you go you're gonna have hispanic people acting like they're not a part of the struggle, and you'll have those that know that regardless of individual cases, or regardless of what each of our respective ancestors went through, that we're in the same boat.

It's like when people argue about who got beat worse as a child. It's like a dikk measuring contest when we all end up getting castrated anyway.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
my grandfather used to go hard for this man :laff:

my pops would cut somebody for talking bad about him. my wife's pops is hardcore PLD and i make sure to always change the convo if it got to politics after the last incident :whew: