Dominican brehs, how did Dominicans feel when Sammy Sosa bleached his skin?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
DR is mostly mixed yes.

u implying that the only reason we identify as dominicans first and foremost is because we are mixed and have no racial identity but thats BS.
I never said anything about having no racial identity. There are some Dominicans who still know about race and many I personally know.

Its just that the majority is mixed so of course the after effect would be nationality first and foremost in DR. The majority affecting the rest is to be expected.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I never said nothing about having no racial identity. There are some Dominicans who still know about race.

Its just that the majority is mixed so of course the after effect would be nationality first and foremost in DR.

but thats true in any country besides the US. u think if u ask a polish person the generic "what are u" question he gonna say white? hell nah he gonna be like "PROUD POLISH HAMMER!"

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Listen people. I see no one understands how this world works. I'm getting simple answers, but, from certain things I'm reading, I'm seeing most have no idea. Look up Neely Fuller, Jr. and listen to what he says. Take out the emotional aspect, and just listen to him. It will save you pain, and heartache. The internet has made me see us non-whites are really losing this game beause we don't see what's going on or we just accept bullshyt because we are competing with each other, and staying in our nice little boxes. Watch me get an argument from this post:mjcry:

It's not about all white people are bad, or some hate white people shyt. It's about racists whites who have a system in place that prevents you from growing. They have YOUR MIND.

I am not denying that and I am very AWARE!! and just like AAs here have not been able to be treated equally, how do you expect Dominicans to do it when we still have basic issues to accomplish?

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
Listen people. I see no one understands how this world works. I'm getting simple answers, but, from certain things I'm reading, I'm seeing most have no idea. Look up Neely Fuller, Jr. and listen to what he says. Take out the emotional aspect, and just listen to him. It will save you pain, and heartache. The internet has made me see us non-whites are really losing this game beause we don't see what's going on or we just accept bullshyt because we are competing with each other, and staying in our nice little boxes. Watch me get an argument from this post:mjcry:

It's not about all white people are bad, or some hate white people shyt. It's about racists whites who have a system in place that prevents you from growing. They have YOUR MIND.

I get where your post is coming from but how can you see the way you've been responding to some of these posts and actually think you're helping? All I see is division. You can educate people without talking down to them.

Rubio

Banned
Daps
I'll repeat this once more, the only Dominicans who identity with nationality before race are the ones who were born outside of the country. The majority of Dominicans living in DR are very aware of racial differences and phenotypes, much moreso then the average USAmerican.

Also, mixed Dominicans don't rule the country, they're just mostly politicans. Dominican elites look like these people.

grupo-leon-12-09-2.jpg

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get where your post is coming from but how can you see the way you've been responding to some of these posts and actually think you're helping? All I see is division. You can educate people without talking down to them.
Show me where I'm dividing? I'm asking why,and telling you what I'm seeing.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I am not denying that and I am very AWARE!! and just like AAs here have not been able to be treated equally, how do you expect Dominicans to do it when we still have basic issues to accomplish?

thats what i tried to tell him before but he aint trying to hear it.

people in my town supposed to be worried about cacs cacing when my town just got indoor plumbing for the first time 10 years ago :russ:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
but thats true in any country besides the US. u think if u ask a polish person the generic "what are u" question he gonna say white? hell nah he gonna be like "PROUD POLISH HAMMER!"
Of course its true. I never denied that other countries arent like that.

We are here to talk about facts.

Where did I deny what I underlined?

My issue is about those who are asked if they are black and they say no when they are actually black. Lets not put words in my mouth pls.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I'll repeat this once more, the only Dominicans who identity with nationality before race are the ones who were born outside of the country. The majority of Dominicans living in DR are very aware of racial differences and phenotypes, much moreso then the average USAmerican. We get down to specifics here.

you are delusional if u think dominicans in DR arent even more proud of being dominican than we are.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we tried it only to get the US involved and appoint a puppet president back in the 60s...and from there on all presidents bend over for the US
That's a given, I mean the people fight. You are female so i give you a pass but, the males should not be docile. You fight for your family, and want better for them, even if it means you die or hurt. You are thinking about the bigger picture, and don't want it to be an easy capture of your people, and have them living a low standard life.

Last edited:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Of course its true. I never denied that other countries arent like that.

We are here to talk about facts.

Where did I deny what I underlined?

My issue is about those who are asked if they are black and they say no when they are actually black. Lets not put words in my mouth pls.

and arianne tried to explain to u why that was. a black dominican saying "im not black" does not equal "i have no african ancestry" at least not always

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Idk man...I just feel a lot of negative energy bouncing off my laptop right now :mjcry:
See, this is the problem, we are too sensitive. No where did I disrespect anyone. In fact, I was called an idiot from asking a question. I still didn't dis this person back. This is another example of us not seeing the truth, and letting our emotion cloud our perception, which is why they got us good. At some point you have to shut them emotions down, and see the truth, to deal with your problems.