Dominican brehs, how did Dominicans feel when Sammy Sosa bleached his skin?

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
im not sure what u mean

ah that same tired weak argument.

our parents left to make a better life for their kids and most of them succeeded. they also managed to keep us connected to our roots no matter how americanized we have become.
like being able to differentiate within groups.

Indian chick told me about the north indian vs south indian thing. As an outsider, I see them as all indian but their is a difference.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
6c5d6f1b9fbc6c1e458dba54d8cc828cea56185270db86a8c3f0deddf7a715a8.jpg

Willie Lynch got the whole world fukked up

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
You been living in the US way too long. You don't even know what these terms mean. White people are not called "jabaos" in DR, that term is specifically used to describe someone with lightskin and broad African-like features, like the opposite of a moreno fino. In DR if you're white we call you "blanco" and if you're really black we call you "negro" or "prieto". It's that simple.

In DR you don't get to call yourself whatever the fukk you want. Again, people in DR will describe you by your physically appearance. That's not an american rule, that's a rule of life. If you look black then that's what people will call you.

i always get referred to as a jabao so idk wtf u talking about.

and u missing my point. i didnt say i can call myself whatever race i want to call myself. i said if i want to refer to myself as a nationality over a race i have that right. if u ask me what i am and i feel like responding dominican instead of mulatto then thats my right, i dont have to say "mixed" just because im in america.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
see and i bet in your small brain, when i say im mixed u are imagining a black side of the family and a white side of the family arent u?
No Im not imagining anything really.

I just know that some Dominicans are black, white or mixed and black ones would be more knowledgeable about racial matters than mixed ones who can get around easier.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
No Im not imagining anything really.

I just know that some domonicans are black, white or mixed.

but u said that like i cant identify with my black dominicans because im mixed. a mixed dominican and a mixed american are 2 very different things.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
WHAT? What do you think black people had to do here? Have you seen the lives they lived? A lot of blacks were in straight third world slums, while whites had houses, cars, and living good. They couldn't eat in restaurants, called ******s daily, etc. It was because they saw the extreme separation that they realized something had to be done. I really think because they weren't tricked into believing they were a part of the culture, that they had no choice but to fight to be included since they were here form the beginning, and helped build it, just like latins. We are the same as you, except they allowed you to partake in the culture no problem, and didn't have the one drop rule. I think it hurt the countries mentality and not allowed them see what is happening around them.

I didn't know we were making a comparison between AAs and Dominicans and yes I am very aware of what AAs went through, and? All Black people have gone through and are still struggling...I am not here to argue who had it the best or worst...ALL BLACKS were done despicably wrong.

Blackout

Daps

and u missing my point. i didnt say i can call myself whatever race i want to call myself. i said if i want to refer to myself as a nationality over a race i have that right. if u ask me what i am and i feel like responding dominican instead of mulatto then thats my right, i dont have to say "mixed" just because im in america.
My guess is you preferring nationality over race because your mixed.

No offense tho because if we all were mixed in this world we would be more focused on nationality too since race wouldnt exist factually.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
6c5d6f1b9fbc6c1e458dba54d8cc828cea56185270db86a8c3f0deddf7a715a8.jpg

Willie Lynch got the whole world fukked up
Yeah, I'm excetping this as the days go on. From simple answers I'm getting here, to people twisting my words around in another thread I posted in, on black immigrants. When people start getting mad, and call you names or just make up shyt from what you write, you know some truth is being said, and it hurts them. There would be no need get emotional when a topic is being discusses, and no disses are being being hauled.

I still never got an answer to my question. Just shyt that we all know. You was the only one who just agreed with me. And its not about agreeing with me, just dealing with what I ask, not a history lesson.:dead:

Last edited:

Blackout

Daps
but u said that like i cant identify with my black dominicans because im mixed. a mixed dominican and a mixed american are 2 very different things.
Its not exactly that its just that being mixed you are less likely to be affected by colorism matters that black people go through.

Rubio

Banned
Daps

What's the confusion about? I just described to you what a Jabao looks like. If you're a Jabao yourself then that basically means you're just a lightskin nikka. That's how people will perceive you. You have the right to call yourself whatever the fukk you want, but that doesn't change how people will perceive you.

And what does calling yourself "mixed" have to do with being in America? Most Dominicans are "ligao" with different races, so that's what you are. I thought you only had a problem with people seeing you as "black", but now you don't even wanna be called "mixed"? You guys really make yourselves easy targets for ridicule.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't know we were making a comparison between AAs and Dominicans and yes I am very aware of what AAs went through, and? All Black people have gone through and are still struggling...I am not here to argue who had it the best or worst...ALL BLACKS were done despicably wrong.
I'm not comparing the two, you wrote because they are struggling for food, they don't have time to deal with racism, and I'm explaining that same reason is why blacks here went through a civil rights movement.

Lets just forget it. I got the answer I needed.

It's over for us as a race:to:

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana

Truth. My skin is light. I have curly/slightly nappy hair. I'm obviously not a white European, but I'm not black either. My family traces back from Spain, Canary Islands, France, and Haiti. Like Beanz said, there's no white side or black side in my family. There are light people and dark people but as Dominicans, we all identify as Hispanic. Whether some people want to acknowledge their ancestry is another thing entirely/

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
most black Dominicans in this country I know never suffered the same discrimination as black Americans because they spoke Spanish and acted like immigrants. They weren't in denial of themselves, they just weren't African American which is its own thing.