Dominican brehs, how did Dominicans feel when Sammy Sosa bleached his skin?

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because the most educated people with money were Whites and they had the advantage to build wealth and maintained the social-class hierarchy by oppressing the Blacks and Indigenous through poverty. Poverty creates ignorance...ignorance will have you believe anything what the "well-off" social class tells you.

Also, any revolutionary that was a threat to this circle of people was outcast or killed...especially back in the days...a lot of brilliant young people died because they raised their voices and were a threat to the status quo of this circle. And among this circle there are racist b*stards.
OK, so why do I keep hearing race isn't important in latin america like it is in the u.s.a.? what you described is racism, and white supremacy!

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Not this again. You keep giving statements that is not real answers.

Again, whenever I learn about latin countries, blacks or indigenous people are ALWAYS at the bottom. You can call them biracial or whatever, the people who look closer to black are always at the bottom. I don't care if they make $1 a day, the point is latins are always saying race isn't important, yet they are always feeling the most suffering in these places. If it wasn't important you would see an equal or near equal portion of people doing good, and bad. This not the case. Far form it.

dude, white supremacy existed everywhere. i dont understand what it is u need explained to u?

we never said it isnt important, we just saying it isnt important in terms of how we want to identify ourselves when we are outside of DR.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dude, white supremacy existed everywhere. i dont understand what it is u need explained to u?

we never said it isnt important, we just saying it isnt important in terms of how we want to identify ourselves when we are outside of DR.
Ok. I'll just ask Arianne Martell. Thanks. You can move on.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
ur a fool man. nobody here is denying their race. im just saying im more than a race. i dont expect an american to understand that though.
If someone asks you if you are black and you say no then you are denying your race like some Dominicans do.

I was simply talking about that.

What you are telling me is that some Dominicans like yourself focus on nationality and ignore the facts about race.

I understand that very well.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
If someone asks you if you are black and you say no then you are denying your race like some Dominicans do.

What you are telling me is that some Dominicans like yourself focus on nationality and ignore things like race.

:shaq2: what im telling u is that if u ask me what race i am i will tell u i am mixed black and white, but if u ask me the generic "where are u from?" question i will answer dominican before i answer "black and white". i feel like i am beating my head on a wall talking to u.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
OK, so why do I keep hearing race isn't important in latin america like it is in the u.s.a.? what you described is racism, and white supremacy!

and we are too busy trying to have food on the table and provide a good life for our families...so being concerned about racism is at the bottom of the list in the grand scheme of things. When you don't earn enough money, and you have a family to feed and provide shelter...trying to figure out the system is the least of your concerns...

Blackout

Daps
:shaq2: what im telling u is that if u ask me what race i am i will tell u i am mixed black and white, but if u ask me the generic "where are u from?" question i will answer dominican before i answer "black and white". i feel like i am beating my head on a wall talking to u.
I am talking about black Dominicans who deny being black not mixed ones who say they are mixed. :yeshrug:

Blackout

Daps
Ok. I'll just ask Arianne Martell. Thanks. You can move on.
He is a mixed dominican so I doubt he would of lives the type of life to drive him to be more knowledgeable in such matters.

Your better off asking a black dominican.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I am talking about black Dominicans who deny being black not mixed ones. :yeshrug:

if u ask them "what race are u?" and they answer dominican then they are stupid.

if u ask them the generic "where are u from?" or "what are u?" questions and get mad at them for answering dominican instead of black then u are stupid.

simple enough?

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This I see no problem with. It's the ignorance of blacks, and mixed, people being held down in latin countries but, because people feel like they have a spanish culture, there is no racism there like in the U.S.A., when in reality, it is WAAYY worse there then here! I don't get it. I give racists whites props, they study the mind and how people act, and control you with this knowledge because a baby can see shyt ain't right there but, I keep hearing excuses for how fukked up shyt is, but no one is recognizing the bullshyt for what it is. They give it different terms, and all types of shyt, instead of being simple ,and acknowledging that they are getting played. In a simple way at that:ohhh:

Rubio

Banned
Daps
in DR people will describe u as moreno or habao(white) or in the same way they will describe u as tall or fat. here it takes on another meaning. its like "he's black" is like a way to describe a person's whole identity.

u should be able to call yourself whatever the fukk u want, fukk the amerikkkan rules. if ya wanna live by that go ahead :manny:

You been living in the US way too long. You don't even know what these terms mean. White people are not called "jabaos" in DR, that term is specifically used to describe someone with lightskin and broad African-like features, like the opposite of a moreno fino. In DR if you're white we call you "blanco" and if you're really black we call you "negro" or "prieto". It's that simple.

In DR you don't get to call yourself whatever the fukk you want. Again, people in DR will describe you by your physically appearance. That's not an american rule, that's a rule of life. If you look black then that's what people will call you.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
He is a mixed dominican so I doubt he would of lives the type of life to drive him to be more knowledgeable in such matters.

Your better off asking a black dominican.

see and i bet in your small brain, when i say im mixed u are imagining a black side of the family and a white side of the family arent u?

Blackout

Daps
if u ask them "what race are u?" and they answer dominican then they are stupid.

if u ask them the generic "where are u from?" or "what are u?" questions and get mad at them for answering dominican instead of black then u are stupid.

simple enough?
I never said that Id get mad from a dominican answering Dominican when asked "where are you from" and "what are you" lol.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and we are too busy trying to have food on the table and provide a good life for our families...so being concerned about racism is at the bottom of the list in the grand scheme of things. When you don't earn enough money, and you have a family to feed and provide shelter...trying to figure out the system is the least of your concerns...
WHAT? What do you think black people had to do here? Have you seen the lives they lived? A lot of blacks were in straight third world slums, while whites had houses, cars, and living good. They couldn't eat in restaurants, called ******s daily, etc. It was because they saw the extreme separation that they realized something had to be done. I really think because they weren't tricked into believing they were a part of the culture, that they had no choice but to fight to be included since they were here form the beginning, and helped build it, just like latins. We are the same as you, except they allowed you to partake in the culture no problem, and didn't have the one drop rule. I think it hurt the countries mentality and not allowed them see what is happening around them.