Dominican brehs, how did Dominicans feel when Sammy Sosa bleached his skin?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
its redundant because if race is one thing and ethnicity is another as u say. so why not just say "i am black and american". ill tell u why, because in AMERICA, race is everything. so even when u say what nationality u are, u have to throw race in there too. in DR, a dominican is a dominican no matter what skin color he or she is. so when we come here we arent used to your line of thinking.

"where u from?"

"im dominican"

"nah u black"

"no im dominican"

"c00n"
Thats the thing. What I say is fact.

We all have both a race and a nationality.

Fact is fact no matter if you are in the DR or in the US

Your showing that some Domonicans need to know about race and ethnicity so they can be factually correct too. :yeshrug:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

So how do you expect your country to rise if you dont plan on going back and supporting it? :yeshrug:

If you guys have so much pride in your own country woudlnt you want to make sure it rises thanks to your support? :manny:

:dahell: you can have pride in your country and search for a better life at the same time. i dont think any dominicans are under the illusion that DR is perfect. its a 3rd world country but we love it and if we needed to go back to defend it most of us would.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

Your showing that some Domonicans need to know about race and ethnicity so they can be factually correct too. :yeshrug:

whats a fact? that race is the most important thing?

Blackout

Daps
:dahell: you can have pride in your country and search for a better life at the same time. i dont think any dominicans are under the illusion that DR is perfect. its a 3rd world country but we love it and if we needed to go back to defend it most of us would.
So you dont think with the DRs in the US support your country cant improve?

whats a fact? that race is the most important thing?
lol no.

The fact is that everybody has a race and a ethnicity.

In the end its all about facts.

Being more educated and moving accordingly isnt a bad thing you know.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Arianne Martell Let me ask you, why do latins always say its not about race where they are from but, every time I learn about a latin country, the people who are always at the bottom are black or indigenous people? I mean EVERY TIME. I just don't get it. If blacks are included, they tend to be closer to white as possible or just a few dark skinned sprinkled here, and there. Why can't the people see they are getting played, and because you are part of a culture doesn't mean you are included to have access to the resources. I know they never went through a civil rights movement like we have here, and that plays a part but, I'm wondering when will it happen? Even a pride movement to learn your history, because that's what happened here, people got pride in themselves as far as their race, then they realized it was time to change laws.

Beanz, please don't answer because I went through this with you, and you never gave an answer, just giving round about terms.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana

What he's saying ain't wrong though. In D.R. people are so intermingled they don't bring that race shyt up. You have to ask your parents and grandparents where their grandparents came from to know your history.

My boy from here is Afro-Cuban (grandpops is Jamaican) but he identifies as African American cause that's how he was brought up and that's how people looked at him. At the same time, he still understands that his mom is from Cuba. Not everybody is gonna be as open to concepts of race/ethnicity like that.

Every time I meet a person I ask them where their parents/grandparents come from for that reason. shyt is deeper than your skin color and the country you was born in.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
So you dont think with the DRs in the US support your country cant improve?

lol no.

The fact is that everybody has a race and a ethnicity.

In the end its all about facts.

Being more educated and moving accordingly isnt a bad thing you know.

but no dominican with half an education would deny that dominicans have african ancestry. why do u keep ignoring that because we dont please u by calling ourselves black or afro-dominican?

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What he's saying ain't wrong though. In D.R. people are so intermingled they don't bring that race shyt up. You have to ask your parents and grandparents where their grandparents came from to know your history.

My boy from here is Afro-Cuban (grandpops is Jamaican) but he identifies as African American cause that's how he was brought up and that's how people looked at him. At the same time, he still understands that his mom is from Cuba. Not everybody is gonna be as open to concepts of race/ethnicity like that.

Every time I meet a person I ask them where their parents/grandparents come from for that reason. shyt is deeper than your skin color and the country you was born in.
So let me ask you, if race isn't important there, and other latin countries, why are blacks at the bottom all the time? When I see the low class it is always majority blacks, but, I keep hearing race isn't important in these places. Then I also hear about how dark skinned people are treated, even in families, but, I keep hearing the same thing, race isn't important. It's like my eyes, and ears, experience one thing, but, people are telling me another like what I see & hear, isn't real. The shyt is confusing as hell!:ohlawd:

Rubio

Banned
Daps
but no dominican with half an education would deny that dominicans have african ancestry. why do u keep ignoring that because we dont please u by calling ourselves black or afro-dominican?

If you're physically black you should call yourself black, period. You Dominicans raised in the US are the only ones who go around confusing nationality with race. In DR people would call you "negro, prieto, moreno bembon, etc.." You're not just a "Dominican", people will refer to you by your physical features/phenotype.

Blackout

Daps

Well if they come to America is will be more beneficial for them to learn about the facts of race/ethnicity.

Education is key.
Its about facts.

The fact is that you have african ancestry and if you are a Afro Dominican you are black.

That is your race and thats fact.

No matter what you prefer call yourself that fact will never change.

Smarten up my friend.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
So let me ask you, if race isn't important there, and other latin countries, why are blacks at the bottom all the time? When I see the low class it is always majority blacks, but, I keep hearing race isn't important in these places. Then I also hear about how dark skinned people are treated, even in families, but, I keep hearing the same thing, race isn't important. It's like my eyes, and ears, experience one thing, but, people are telling me another like what I see & hear, isn't real. The shyt is confusing as hell!:ohlawd:

You might be right on that :patrice:

I'd say it's more like that's how it was and for it being that way for long it's hard to break out of the situation than outright "hey, fukk this black guy I'm white" type of shyt, but yeah I'll admit I can't speak much on it.

I just don't agree that ALL DOMINICANS are delusional, self-hating, racist pieces of shyt

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

slavery duh. nobody ever said white supremacy doesnt exist in latin america in some form or another. but white supremacy is different in 3rd world countries because the majority of the country is living on less than $3 a day no matter what skin color. so things like interracial marriage is common and even unnoticed making race relations between the vast majority very different than it does in the US or Brazil for example.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
@Arianne Martell Let me ask you, why do latins always say its not about race where they are from but, every time I learn about a latin country, the people who are always at the bottom are black or indigenous people?

Because the most educated people with money were Whites and they had the advantage to build wealth and maintained the social-class hierarchy by oppressing the Blacks and Indigenous through poverty. Poverty creates ignorance...ignorance will have you believe anything what the "well-off" social class tells you.

Also, any revolutionary that was a threat to this circle of people was outcast or killed...especially back in the days...a lot of brilliant young people died because they raised their voices and were a threat to the status quo of this circle. And among this circle there are racist b*stards.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
slavery duh. nobody ever said white supremacy doesnt exist in latin america in some form or another. but white supremacy is different in 3rd world countries because the majority of the country is living on less than $3 a day no matter what skin color. so things like interracial marriage is common and even unnoticed making race relations between the vast majority very different than it does in the US or Brazil for example.
Not this again. You keep giving statements that are not real answers.

Again, whenever I learn about latin countries, blacks or indigenous people are ALWAYS at the bottom. You can call them biracial or whatever, the people who look closer to black are always at the bottom. I don't care if they make $1 a day, the point is latins are always saying race isn't important, yet they are always feeling the most suffering in these places. If it wasn't important you would see an equal or near equal portion of people doing good, and bad. This not the case. Far form it.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
If you're physically black you should call yourself black, period. You Dominicans raised in the US are the only ones who go around confusing nationality with race. In DR people would call you "negro, prieto, moreno bembon, etc.." You're not just a "Dominican", people will refer to you by your physical features/phenotype.

in DR people will describe u as moreno or habao(white) or in the same way they will describe u as tall or fat. here it takes on another meaning. its like "he's black" is like a way to describe a person's whole identity.

u should be able to call yourself whatever the fukk u want, fukk the amerikkkan rules. if ya wanna live by that go ahead :manny:

Well if they come to America is will be more beneficial for them to learn about the facts of race/ethnicity.

Education is key.

Its about facts.

The fact is that you have african ancestry and if you are a Afro Dominican you are black.

That is your race and thats fact.

No matter what you prefer call yourself that fact will never change.

Smarten up my friend.

ur a fool man. nobody here is denying their race. im just saying im more than a race. i dont expect an american to understand that though.