Dominican Abuelas Be Like

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
They cool as hell until you mention blackness. They will admit they have African roots but HATE the term black because it ties them in with FBA and everyone on the planet despises FBA.

I love that everyone is getting exposed for their anti blackness.

:mjtf:

This is peak insanity to think a group who predates your arrival in the new world is concerned with how you identify.

Please see my earlier post in this thread on page 3.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Full immersion. Music, tv with subtitles, and finding a partner.
Hardest part will be conjugating verbs

Just an example.

ser-conjugation-in-spanish.jpg

I spent a year where I didn’t listen to anything but Frank Reyes, Luis Miguel, etc

Exactly what I was going to suggest. I'll never forget the day my friend's moms said that the family was only going to speak to me in Spanish. Radio, TV, everything was in Spanish. I'm eternally grateful to her for that. I remember when Sabado Gigante came on, with them models wearing next to nothing, and asking my friend, "So I gotta watch this?" He tells me, "Si" and I was like :mjgrin: :banderas::shaq: Right now I think I have as much bachata and salsa on my USB stick in my car as I do of other genres LOL I even be putting my wife on to some of the classics I be discovering.

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
Every group of black people have self haters, but they tend to be individuals and even the most self hating amongst them are somewhat aware of their real identity.

but I never came across such delusion as dominicans, it's like they are white supremacist in black skin and features. That lady would never be mistaken as white :what:

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
afro Dominican and Rican are not black in the same sense as black Americans aka ados or fba

There no one drop rule there

So they identify with nationality not race

Africans and carribeans are similar

They ethnicity first even tho they clearly of African descent

So all of them are not c00ning

The caste system diff in those countries
Stop saying this silly ish. I don't know any person from the caribbean, (who is actually black from Anglo or Franco) who denies this.
When everyone is in a country that's black, there's no need to state the obvious

Also ain't there a whole group of Moorish dudes in America who don't and won't call themselves black?

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This is so ridiculous because if you go into the hills in DR, there are people darker than Wesley Snipes up there

The majority of the people I met in DR are my complexion but there are A LOT of darkskinned people, especially on the north side of the island

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
As hard as I am on black incels for their “black women this, black women that” c00n talking points

I wish black women would take accountability for shyt like this. If you were to go by discourse on popular platforms you’d think colorism is something birthed and/or practiced and upheld by black men solely.

In fact, it’s crazy to come to thecoli and see this thread I dead was just scrolling through Twitter and saw a cac telling a breh “your women call you bullet bags, hold that L”

Brehettes need to fix up man.

Sad video, sad state of affairs for black people all around :francis:

Got news for you check the most recent thread and comments about the black woman in ATL that got arrested by that black cop. c00ning in our community is at a all time high.
This is so ridiculous because if you go into the hills in DR, there are people darker than Wesley Snipes up there

The majority of the people I met in DR are my complexion but there are A LOT of darkskinned people, especially on the north side of the island
The fact that its on the same island as Haiti already deads this.

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
I keep reading in the thread this is just old people problems and the new generations aren’t thinking like that, but most of the Dominican and Afro Brazilian/Latina models and actresses I see are with cacs or non-black Hispanics/Brazilians

Models and actresses aren't a majority of the population.

Daps
Stop saying this silly ish. I don't know any person from the caribbean, (who is actually black from Anglo or Franco) who denies this.
When everyone is in a country that's black, there's no need to state the obvious

Also ain't there a whole group of Moorish dudes in America who don't and won't call themselves black?

They don't have the same caste system as ados or fba

There country has a diff meaning for what black is

It's not the one drop rule

Same with carribean

Y'all need to stop lumping us in with u

I'm not saying they not of African descent

what considered black there diff from here

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps

You were in a tourist area. The blk ppl you saw very well and most likely had no Dominican ancestry :mjpls: .

The Cibao region like Moca, San Francisco de Macoris, La Vega the opposite

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
I'm not talking about Sosua breh, that's not the only place I've been to in DR :yeshrug:

It’s not only Sosua. Where did you go? I’ll take a trip this weekend and report back.

Point I’m making is unless you have a discussion you won’t even know, and that’s exactly why a nationalist protest occurred in the capital this past weekend. Too many are in the country changing the landscape. Remember there are now two generations worth in the country

Last edited: