Dominican Abuelas Be Like

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
T

The ones straight from the island domt deal with black american men

Dominican society is very classist. Recent immigrants are going to be strategic about their future. You have brehs in here gloating about being unstable (shun marriage and family). Makes total sense. Brehs need to realize that ain’t ever going to be attractive to most women

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
It seems as they are I'm the country lomg enough they become less clazzist cause I see them day in day out with bm broke and all but if bm want the crazy ones they have to be more about there money and future it seems

Yeh that’s to be expected. Almost all groups are going to be a little more Americanized by 2nd generation. Should always be about money and future, but you have a large amount who don’t think that equates to raising a family someday. That’s just not a winning hand to deal to someone when they can get the same fukkery from their own men without the language and cultural barriers.

Cotton Hill

Banned
Daps
afro Dominican and Rican are not black in the same sense as black Americans aka ados or fba

There no one drop rule there

So they identify with nationality not race

Africans and carribeans are similar

They ethnicity first even tho they clearly of African descent

So all of them are not c00ning

The caste system diff in those countries

Why did the Abuela wanted the White doll?

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
This video is a perfect example. This is the danger of raising your kids in a 2nd culture in a 2nd language.

Her dad just couldn’t articulate this and the daughter wasn’t trying to hear it.

I have heard this, and I gotta and you just gotta respect it. dominicans have their own way of identifying. they dont deny their african heritage but they aint just gonna hop on our identity(Black, and the american made idea of blackness) like other groups are.

coli nikkas, black twitter, pannies, others, may make fun of it. but its their thing. personally as someone who leans toward ADOS views this is actually something alot of ADOS/African Americans should want actually

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
U know I never seen a browm or a dark skin dominican with a black american man always the light skinmed ones and they act very Americanized and I also noticed I rarely if ever see latin men with black women when I lived in jackson heights the look of anger that I have seen onnthe looks of latim people when seeing me even to the point there there face turned red never understood why until I realized how deep the self hate is
I can believe you when it comes dark skin dominicans, but i seen Brown/caramel skinned dominicans with black american men espescially if we talkin americanized ones

@bolded: : You talkin dominican men? most BW Latin men relations i heard in NY tend to be Puetro rican(mixed, afro, etc) with Black women. so I can see that

Puetro Ricans seem to mixed and date Black americans more than dominicans(exluding the americanize ones) despite dominicans and Black americans being very similar in ancestry mixture and being a mixed group with relatively similar phenotype.

Ricans however seem to be assimilate more with black american style, spaces, than dominicans do tho.

Last edited:

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
despite dominicans and Black americans being very similar in ancestry mixture and being a mixed group with relatively similar phenotype.

I spoke on this earlier

Lol this is the underlying problem behind the obsession of how Dominicans identify, sexual politics. If Dominicans looked like Zimbabweans, there wouldn’t be any discussion.

The 3 groups with the most African ancestry (dna) in the new world are Black Americans, Jamaicans and Haitians, yet if I stated to each one individually that they look alike there would be disagreement.

Most would liken themselves to a mixed race population :mjpls: then in the same breath call these folks self-hating when phenotype and genetics corroborate this.

While there may be overlap like anywhere in the diáspora. Put it this way. You can tell the difference quite easily. When I’m in a supermarket (supermercado) and someone says “moreno” I’m the only to respond. Despite there being from my vantage point similarity in skin tones. Not only is it a colloquial word for negro at times they are asking lowkey also trying to see where I’m from. They can tell I’m not Dominican, they know I’m not Haitian, but where? And that’s confirmed when I speak. I really only hear black Americans say this, never the other way around. That needs to be unpacked. :mjpls: Another thing is when they do say it is meant to be in a flattering way. Again the mentioning of this is one sided.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
this is the underlying problem behind the obsession of how Dominicans identify, sexual politics. If Dominicans looked like Zimbabweans, there wouldn’t be any discussion.
this is true unfortunately. the only reason i feel some black americans have a obessesion with what dominicans identify as and to get them with our identity is because of this.
nikkas want easier access to them Dominican chicks, I like dominican women to and find them attractive. but some nikkas need to seperate what they find attractive and cultural identity.
The 3 groups with the most African ancestry (dna) in the new world are Black Americans, Jamaicans and Haitians, yet if I stated to each one individually that they look alike there would be disagreement.

Most would liken themselves to a mixed race population :mjpls: then in the same breath call these folks self-hating when phenotype and genetics corroborate this
Black americans are a mixed group tho, we just happened to have made the idea and concept of Blackness

Black americans are unique because we have all skintones but depending where you at certain phenotypes and mixture can become commonplace for that group of black people,.

Like if your in the southeast in bible belt its darkskin blacks with heavy african ancestry(not saying all darkskins are more or less mixed), virgina upper south more lightsin, places like New Orleans tend to have brown and light skinn and as a result of Great Migration of these so does California with LA and Oakland, and so and so forth throughout.

plus ultimately, the average skintone for black americans is brownskin despite what pannies, black twitter, militants try to do by acting like we are darker.

We really are not most black americans range between light brown to dark brown. Similar to Dominicans, so were pretty common but have different identity pollicis/philosophy.

we go by blackness, they go by moreno(as you said) admitting their african roots, but not being the same as us.

Last edited:

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
this is true unfortunately. the only reason i feel some black americans have a obessesion with what dominicans identify as and to get them with our identity is because of this.
nikkas want easier access to them Dominican chicks, I like dominican women to and find them attractive. but some nikkas need to seperate what they find attractive and cultural identity.

Black americans are a mixed group tho, we just happened to have made the idea and concept of Blackness

Black americans are unique because we have all skintones but depending where you at certain phenotypes and mixture can become commonplace for that group of black people,.

Like if your in the southeast in bible belt its darkskin blacks with heavy african ancestry(not saying all darkskins are more or less mixed), virgina upper south more lightsin, places like New Orleans tend to have brown and light skinn and as a result of Great Migration of these so does California with LA and Oakland, and so and so forth throughout.

plus ultimately, the average skintone for black americans is brownskin that can range between light brown to dark brown. Similar to Dominicans, so were pretty common but have different identity pollicis/philosophy.

we go by blackness, they go by moreno(as you said) admitting their african roots, but not being the same as us.
the "Black" that African Americans are saying is more cultural
thats why most Dominicans say Im not black
the difference in language food music and customs is not even close
I think they understand their skin is dark
if u go to Europe most Americans are not even considered black cuz they not dark enough if u a brown shade they will ask what you are mixed with cuz they are used to the skin tones of people from Africa