Does the large Caribbean presence in NYC's Hip Hop scene explain the disconnect with other regions?

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
cool, all Jamaican music is AA music repackaged anyway.....2 can play that game :yeshrug:

Most of the old heads recognize Herc as founding this shyt...most of them have stated in interviews first rap records were influenced by reggae and dub records and breaks...to stay caribbean or jamaican culture has no presence in this is just a false narrative from people who werent there and dont know the early history...

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
None of this true :pachaha:
Breaks comes from funk and disco . "reggae and dub" is Jamaicans copying funk and soul.

Bambata has said he incorporated theyre music into his own records,he named Lee Perry as an influence in what he did...i think ill take his word over someone who wasnt there...

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Bambata has said he incorporated theyre music into his own records,he named Lee Perry as an influence in what he did...i think ill take his word over someone who wasnt there...

Youre from Toronto. Your opinion doesn't matter and ironically the corny Island nikkas in your city still copying AA music like they daddys did.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Youre from Toronto. Your opinion doesn't matter and ironically the corny Island nikkas in your city still copying AA music like they daddys did.

Urs mine and his dont matter but facts matter and not ur version of them...