Does the large Caribbean presence in NYC's Hip Hop scene explain the disconnect with other regions?

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Read the thread brethren. I said no such thing. I quoted Floyd Mayweathers mother (the video posted). In fact, I kept stating throughout the thread that we are the same people and I do not support willie lynch mentality.

Big ups! I wasn't trying to make it divisive. I was simply pointing out some of the rappers that had Caribb ancestry. I respect AA's we the same people...Always have, always will.

Thats wassup! I have Maroon ancestry as well.

Thanks for the build bredda! I'm going to read more about South Carolina being a Moorish state! Mi neva know dat!

anywhere you see the STAR and CRESCENT...the MOORISH PRESENCE IS THERE...

check out NEW ORLEANS the "crescent city" as well....home of the french north african based RITES OF MEMPHIS/MISRAIM lodge.... :mjpls:

The Symbols And Stories Behind 8 State Flags

The crescent moon and Middle Eastern palm tree are meant to symbolize Islam, the official state religion of South Carolina.

images.jpg
Eduard_Charlemont,_Austrian_-_The_Moorish_Chief_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

Luther%20Burbank%201921.jpg

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
Stop bullshytting, that was what you was implying. You don't have to say it.

nikka I grew up around people trying to take what you have so I learned to read people, and you you were implying that because these artists had some parent of Jamaican decent, it's what made NYC different from the rest, even though they either wasn't raised by the parent or they were Americanized, and weren't influenced by Jamaican culture. People proved it with the actually people saying this, I gave my life experience on it, yet you still keep implying the same shyt!

You're trying to get them to go with you based on ONE post. You are a sucker. if we was int he streets, you would never be able to walk in peace, because you have no honor with yourself.
:russell:
receipts.

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
anywhere you see the STAR and CRESCENT...the MOORISH PRESENCE IS THERE...

check out NEW ORLEANS the "crescent city" as well....home of the french north african based RITES OF MEMPHIS/MISRAIM lodge.... :mjpls:

The Symbols And Stories Behind 8 State Flags

The crescent moon and Middle Eastern palm tree are meant to symbolize Islam, the official state religion of South Carolina.

images.jpg
Ok! We know that the moors was there before the british, but whats the connection to Morocco? was that like the "home country?" Transatlantic war :jbhmm:

KENNY DA COOKER

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F

yup ...rites of memphis misriam is based on the middle ages based Moorish Lodges prior to thier exitinction during the final crusades...

brothers were climbing that ladder of 96 degrees of enlightment until them "craKKKers" cut it down to 32 degrees (freezing) level to appease Chrisitan Fundamentalists in the west as well as thier "devilish " Jacobite sponsors in Great Britian... aka (scottish rite)

9680078.jpg
Dr. Sulieman Mohammad (96 degree shriner)

DuseMohamedAli.jpg
Duse Muhammad Ali (editor , businessman, mentor to Marcus Garvey!)

GARVEY+AND+MENTOR.jpg

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
yup ...rites of memphis misriam is based on the middle ages based Moorish Lodges prior to thier exitinction during the final crusades...

brothers were climbing that ladder of 96 degrees of enlightment until them "craKKKers" cut it down to 32 degrees (freezing) level to appease Chrisitan Fundamentalists in the west as well as thier "devilish " Jacobite sponsors in Great Britian... aka (scottish rite)

9680078.jpg
Dr. Sulieman Mohammad (96 degree shriner)

DuseMohamedAli.jpg
Duse Muhammad Ali (editor , businessman, mentor to Marcus Garvey!)

GARVEY+AND+MENTOR.jpg
:salute:
Do you have any book recommendations or links on this subject?

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Emotionsssss, taking you over. yup Just like your favorite rappers:camby:
Just be lucky I don't know you in real life, and it isn't when I was younger, I would have washed you up. All that trickery you are doing would have been called out, I would have stepped to you, and shyt would be popping. Play that slick talk with people who don't know any better.

I dealt with Jamaicans, and hatians, like you, who tried to be slick, and talk down on Black Americans, then talk in patois or creole like it's going to scare me. shyt didn't work then, and it won't work now. To those who are about peace, this isn't for yall, but for those who think like this clown, be careful who you play this game around. Some people don't go back, and forth, with ya dumb ass.

KENNY DA COOKER

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Ok! We know that the moors was there before the british, but whats the connection to Morocco? was that like the "home country?" Transatlantic war :jbhmm:

The MOORISH EMPIRE went beyond the borders of Morroco....

Morroco was just the jurisdiction where business was conducted at the city of FEZ....home of the world's first university and the birthplace of Shrinedom and also the home to where all DEBTS were paid by the western world to the Moorish Beys (rulers) whom were unfortunatly referred to as PIRATES when they collected on thier debts owed to the Moorish Empire.....

George Washington initiated a TREATY with the moorish empire that the united states has to regonize ETERNALLY...

due to the fact it was Morroco which was the first to RECOGNIZE the UNITED STATES as an independent country following it's declaration during the conflict with Britian ....

in fact THE UNITED STATES was not only in debt MORALLY to the MOORISH EMPIRE but FINANCIALLY AS WELL following the revolutionary war....

which is why "moslem son" george washington wrote numerous letters and is honored by the moorish jurisdiction

MEI Editor's Blog: George Washington Writes a Letter to the Sultan of Morocco: Our Oldest Treaty Always in Force

notice the "chess liked" floor that washington stands upon....Chess was a game introduced to Europe via Moorish crusaders reflecting a deep sublime meaning known only to the initiated....... so mote it be'

freemason_washington.jpg

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
Just be lucky I don't know you in real life, and it isn't when I was younger, I would have washed you up. All that trickery you are doing would have been called out, I would have stepped to you, and shyt would be popping. Play that slick talk with people who don't know any better.

I dealt with Jamaicans, and hatians, like you, who tried to be slick, and talk down on Black Americans, then talk in patois or creole like it's going to scare me. shyt didn't work then, and it won't work now. To those who are about peace, this isn't for yall, but for those who think like this clown, be careful who you play this game around. Some people don't go back, and forth, with ya dumb ass.
:mjcry:
sounds personal.

Blessup

Souljah inna Jah Army
Daps
Reppin
Jah Movements
The MOORISH EMPIRE went beyond the borders of Morroco....

Morroco was just the jurisdiction where business was conducted at the city of FEZ....home of the world's first university and the birthplace of Shrinedom and also the home to where all DEBTS were paid by the western world to the Moorish Beys (rulers) whom were unfortunatly referred to as PIRATES when they collected on thier debts owed to the Moorish Empire.....

George Washington initiated a TREATY with the moorish empire that the united states has to regonize ETERNALLY...

due to the fact it was Morroco which was the first to RECOGNIZE the UNITED STATES as an independent country following it's declaration during the conflict with Britian ....

in fact THE UNITED STATES was not only in debt MORALLY to the MOORISH EMPIRE but FINANCIALLY AS WELL following the revolutionary war....

which is why "moslem son" george washington wrote numerous letters and is honored by the moorish jurisdiction

MEI Editor's Blog: George Washington Writes a Letter to the Sultan of Morocco: Our Oldest Treaty Always in Force

notice the "chess liked" floor that washington stands upon....Chess was a game introduced to Europe via Moorish crusaders reflecting a deep sublime meaning known only to the initiated....... so mote it be'
Good stuff! so when did it go wrong for the black moors? Like what was the turning point? Did they make them slaves, like other blacks? Was it some type of take over?
is an "asiatic black man" the same thing as an african?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah I don't think that's it,if anything I would blame European influence for the way NY'ers act if we just throwin out theorys:mjpls:

You notice how many white folks have the "white is right" attitude?Well every NY nikka I ever met thinks NY has the best everything:mjlol:

You notice how white folks feel comfortable telling other groups and cultures,whats wrong with they culture and what they need to do to fix it,while not only being wack personally, style wise,personality wise etc,but also culturally as a people:skip:? Well,every new Yorker I ever met didn't mind coming around telling people they talked funny,dressed funny,the music they listen to is wack,they dances is wack etc...All while trying to give you advice on "correcting yourself":wtb:...I just seen you call another man papi,you got on a oversized button up that should be tucked in and worn with some slacks and church shoes,but you got on jeans and timbs,not to mention the headband,grandma earings and various other unnecessary accessories when its 80 degrees out:pachaha:

New Yorkers lowkey have the soul/energy of a European,that might be the reason for the strong admiration of Italian Mafioso lifestyle in NY's hiphop scene....and rejection of other cultures not deemed "European" enough.

Hiphops migration was arguably the only reason for its survival:mjcry:

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

:lolbron: