Does Red Dead Redemption 2 actually have a good story? *spoilers*

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How can he be a problem when his game in particular is the most awarded game of all time? Like yall gotta break out your bubble, the rest of the world fukks with the game heavily

Yall are trying to act like he put out mass effect andromeda and its like the exact opposite.

Like i said, i don’t stan the guy but he’s well regarded in the industry and not for no reason
Don’t nobody care bout what all them cacs got to say.

Talyor Swift won a Grammy and IDGAF:stopitslime:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
How can he be a problem when his game in particular is the most awarded game of all time? Like yall gotta break out your bubble, the rest of the world fukks with the game heavily

Yall are trying to act like he put out mass effect andromeda and its like the exact opposite.

Like i said, i don’t stan the guy but he’s well regarded in the industry and not for no reason

i told you in the last thread i liked the game, but as ffar as the story goes it was overrated as hell. they sold the hype and people ate it up

great game, next level graphics and gameplay will push the industry. Story enjoyable and made sense, just not the best of all time

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i told you in the last thread i liked the game, but as ffar as the story goes it was overrated as hell. they sold the hype and people ate it up

great game, next level graphics and gameplay will push the industry. Story enjoyable and made sense, just not the best of all time

Thats fine, but it contradicts him being a “problem” at naughty dog. I don’t see how someone that makes this game is a problem

This isn’t David Cage.

People started saying this same thing about Kojima also. It’s like once a game director starts getting praise and flowers people start to call them overrated and pompous

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
2 has a good plot, but I feel like it only exists to "supplement" the plot of 1. I feel like if you didn't play 1, you can't fully appreciate 2. But you can play 1 and never play 2 and everything would be fine.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Thats fine, but it contradicts him being a “problem” at naughty dog. I don’t see how someone that makes this game is a problem

This isn’t David Cage.

People started saying this same thing about Kojima also. It’s like once a game director starts getting praise and flowers people start to call them overrated and pompous

the last of us and its sequel are overrated in the story department. the endless praise heaped upon the studio and its director has gone over the top, making them feel like they can do no wrong

there isnt necessarily anything "wrong" with the story is just isnt particularly "groundbreaking"

please explain to me what is so special about the following:

antihero begrudgingly agrees to do job at behest of companion
trials and tribulations cause companion to die
antihero begins to soften up/show compassion
parental figure sacrifices to protect surrogate child

we arguing semantics at this point, to you the story they told and how they told it is the pinnacle. to me its up there but not quite the peak

you could argue something similar about red dead

antihero begrudgingly agrees to do job at behest of government
faces the demons of his past
chickens come home to roost and antihero dies
child takes in values taught by antihero and avenges

again nothing new, but for my money was a better story.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
thing is if you played the first game you knew Dutch was the villain

Yeah. The whole reason I like RDR2 is because I kept waiting for Dutch to turn on the gang but I didn't know how it was gonna happen. I liked that it was a gradual slow realization that he's just an egomaniac that isn't really looking out for everyone, just himself.

If I hadn't played 1 and played 2 on it's own I don't think I would've cared.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i played red dead one and like yall i was waiting for the other shoe to drop for like 40 hours.

I dunno i feel like they just kind of discarded the more interesting characters with no fan fare just to get to that point and unfortuantely for new players they dont really get the satisfacton of killing half the crew

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yeah. The whole reason I like RDR2 is because I kept waiting for Dutch to turn on the gang but I didn't know how it was gonna happen. I liked that it was a gradual slow realization that he's just an egomaniac that isn't really looking out for everyone, just himself.

If I hadn't played 1 and played 2 on it's own I don't think I would've cared.
idk, I think it would have been a better 'twist' if you didn't know it was gonna happen. same with Arthur getting sick. it just became very predictable what was gonna happen, and the game just dragged it out

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
idk, I think it would have been a better 'twist' if you didn't know it was gonna happen. same with Arthur getting sick. it just became very predictable what was gonna happen, and the game just dragged it out

I had a long hiatus from playing the game so Arthur getting sick came as a surprise to me, it might have been obvious if I played it consistently but I didn't. :patrice:

We'll agree to disagree about the Dutch thing tho. That's just what happens when you make prequels.

It's a shame they didn't make us care more about Jack. The only place to go from here is either entirely new characters or showing us Jack's story but no one actually gives a shyt about him

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I had a long hiatus from playing the game so Arthur getting sick came as a surprise to me, it might have been obvious if I played it consistently but I didn't. :patrice:

We'll agree to disagree about the Dutch thing tho. That's just what happens when you make prequels.

It's a shame they didn't make us care more about Jack. The only place to go from here is either entirely new characters or showing us Jack's story but no one actually gives a shyt about him
I didn't know he was gonna get sick, but once he started coughing it was obvious that was how he was gonna go out

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
yes. the story is the best part of RDR2. you're playing as a pretty f*ucked up character even if you do decide to play "good" but the story unfolds and sees Arthur make righteous choices and redeem himself at the end.

Its the loooong journey, grinding out hrs, weeks, on a video game playing as a bad man at a cut throat time in history, trying to make up for his sins. i felt that.

***This thread does seem like a underhand :cape: for TLOU2. The other posters caught it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I didn't know he was gonna get sick, but once he started coughing it was obvious that was how he was gonna go out
From the moment that dude coughed on him I knew what it was.

He was gonna catch the rona and have a change in heart, to stop being a scumbag for hire for Dutch.

After that I was just waiting for it to happen. It made me dislike Arthur as a character cause he seemed dumb and a sucker for going along with Dutch’s crap for so long knowing it was all bad.