Does Lebron have sole claim to his own era?

Does Lebron have his own era?

• Yes, all to himself (I might be an unreasonable stan)

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • No, he has no era at all (I might be an unreasonable hater)

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • His era is shared

Votes: 72 67.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
So Bron, Steph, and Shaq don't have an era but Kobe does even though he only won two titles as the man and won the same amount of rings as Duncan? :mjlol:

Their route to teambuilding involved sucking during the first few years of Curry's career which allowed them to draft future HOFERs. Lebron's Cavs were winning 50-60 games almost immediately and never had the luxury of drafting all-NBA caliber players in the lottery. Instead of being another Dame, he sought to play with the talent that guys like Curry, Duncan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Jordan had delivered to them by their respective front offices.
No... they don't... Kobe has a stretch where he won 5 rings... Straight from 2000-2010... That was his era... Did Shaq or Bron do that in theirs? No... No they did not.....

Duncan might have an era but he never even repeated.. But I'd be cool with that over Bron considering he beat Bron for two

Steph would be the only one iffy.. Really with the 3 ball, I would say if anyone had one, it was Steph literally transforming the game on the way to 5 rings... But then someone is going to quickly counter that KD was leading those teams and if he didn't, Bron would have won all those... So I leave it alone

But I'm for damn sure Kobe had one... Shaq might have been for 3-4 years, not long enough... And Bron, again... Hell no.. Too many people beat him and too much losing to be considered HIS era... The why's are not my problem.. Get it done or not. History does not care about why

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
No... they don't... Kobe has a stretch where he won 5 rings... Straight from 2000-2010... That was his era... Did Shaq or Bron do that in theirs? No... No they did not.....

Duncan might have an era but he never even repeated.. But I'd be cool with that over Bron considering he beat Bron for two

Steph would be the only one iffy.. Really with the 3 ball, I would say if anyone had one, it was Steph literally transforming the game on the way to 5 rings... But then someone is going to quickly counter that KD was leading those teams and if he didn't, Bron would have won all those... So I leave it alone

But I'm for damn sure Kobe had one... Shaq might have been for 3-4 years, not long enough... And Bron, again... Hell no.. Too many people beat him and too much losing to be considered HIS era... The why's are not my problem.. Get it done or not. History does not care about why
Duncan was drafted after Kobe and won more FMVPs and MVPs but the 2000s was Kobe's era? :mjlol:

Shaq was the best player on a team that 3peated and Bron won 4 rings, 4 FMVPS, and 4 MVPs between 2009-2020. Kobe between 2000-2010 won 5 rings but only 1 MVP and 2 FMVPS. It's asinine to say Kobe had an era but all of these other cats that won more FMVPs and MVPs didn't.

Last edited:

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Duncan was drafted after Kobe and won more FMVPs and MVPs but the 2000s was Kobe's era? :mjlol:

Shaq was the best player on a team that 3peated and Bron 4 rings, 4 FMVPS, and 4 MVPs between 2009-2020. Kobe between 2000-2010 won 5 rings but only 1 MVP and 2 FMVPS. It's asinine to say Kobe had an era but all of these other cats that won more FMVPs and MVPs didn't.

Kobe era was 2005-achilles tear. Psycho Bean was the most skilled player in the NBA and some say he was the most skilled since around 2002.

MVP criteria changed during the pull up ya pants/dress code era. Bean was cheated a couple times.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin

Shaq was the best player on a team that 3peated and Bron won 4 rings, 4 FMVPS, and 4 MVPs between 2009-2020. Kobe between 2000-2010 won 5 rings but only 1 MVP and 2 FMVPS. It's asinine to say Kobe had an era but all of these other cats that won more FMVPs and MVPs didn't.
And that's probably why I said if not Kobe, then Duncan...

I mean I don't know what to tell you about the others... 5>4

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
How you gonna say Jordan wasn't winning shyt when Bird, Zeke and co. were in their primes and then name dudes like Duncan, Kobe, Shaq, and KG as if LeBron was in the league and getting chips when they were in their prime? TD was 15 years in when Bron won his first title, Kobe was 16 years in, and Shaq was in his final season, Hell half of them "other HOF players" were probably Bron's teammates :heh:
When Bron won his first two championships Kobe was still considered one of the Top 10 players in basketball, unless you're about to tell me 10 guys who were better than Kobe in 2012 and 2013 🤣...

If you're a Top 10 player you're definitely within your prime, even if its your late prime...

I could easily make the argument that '13 Duncan was the last year of his prime too, meaning Bron won two rings while Tim was in his prime, based on the fact Duncan finished 2nd in DBPM; 4th in DWS; 6th in BPM; 6th in PER; 7th in MVP voting; 13th in WS48; 14th in VORP; and averaged 18 & 10 in 69 regular season games, 18 & 10 in 21 playoff games; and 19 & 12 in 7 Finals games...

We not about to play this game like Duncan, or Kobe, were these washed rotation guys when Bron started winning championships...

But fukk all this opinion shyt, we can leave this at facts. Bron entered The League in 2003-04 season, Kobe and Duncan left the NBA in 2015-16 season. These guys had a 13-year career overlap with Bron...

In the 13 years, 2003-16, that Bron, Duncan, and Kobe were all in the NBA together:

most championships
Bron 3x ('12, '13, '16)
Duncan 3x ('05, '07, '14)
Kobe 2x ('09, '10)
most championships as a #1
Bron 3x
Duncan 2x
Kobe 2x
most MVPs
Bron 4x ('09, '10, '12, '13)
Kobe 1x ('08)
Duncan 0
most Finals appearances
Bron 7x ('07, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16)
Kobe 4x ('04, '08, '09, '10)
Duncan 4x ('05, '07, '13, '14)

And I'm leaving out Top 5 MVP finishes, All-NBA teams, 1st Team All-NBAs, FMVPs, All-Star appearances, conference finals runs, because the gap just grows in favor of LeBron...

We can have separate opinions but the facts are that these 3 players were in The League together 13 years, thats a whole career, and Bron is #1 in every category during the time all 3 guys played at the same time. He dominated an era that had Duncan and Kobe still playing in their primes for most of those 13 years...

Shaq was in his prime thru '06 and Garnett was in his prime thru '08; Bron wasnt winning while those two were in their primes but hell he may not have entered his own prime whej those guys were still in theirs...
Jordan era was 1987-1998 :ufdup:
We agree on something 🤣...
Era means you was running shyt for a long period of time.. Magic/Kareem in the 80s, Jordan/Pippen in the 90s, Kobe in the 00s...

Bron was up there but nah.. Shaq had a damn threepeat and didn't have an era.. Why the hell would a 2 peat get it? Or two more random rings? How you gonna have an era but someone out there won more than you during your era... That doesn't even make sense

And it's not a Bron thing... If you don't DOMINATE the era, you don't get one. Nobody is dominating now with these super teams, trade requests and constant changing of the financial rules. There probably won't ever be an "ERA" player that dominates and runs through teams for 5-6 years out of 10... Warriors didn't even do it as they split between Steph being the man and then KD being the man and then Steph being the man.. So I can't even give all 5 as Steph's era
Bruh you're a repeat offender low quality poster. How does Bron not have an era that he won the most of everything in?

Kobe won 5 championships in 11 years but was the #2 for 3 of them...

Bron won 4 championships in 9 years and was the #1 for all of them...

"Too many people beat Bron" 🤣 okay my nikka. None of these guys won more than Bron during his time in the NBA. Didn't win more anything. Not more rings or MVPs or anything else...

Kobe had about 13 years as a #1 and got 2 titles out if it. All-Time player but this nikka career was not on the level of Bron's and you know it, it wasn't on Duncan's...

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
What about in 1984 when MJ was drafted, were those Bulls stacked too? You trying to compare the 1st 3peat Bulls to the 2000s Cavs smh

After drafting MJ, in the next five years the Bulls proceeded to draft Horace Grant, B.J. Armstrong, Stacey King, Will Purdue, and Toni Kukoc, while also pulling off a draft-day trade that sent #8 pick Olden Polynice to the Sonics for #5 pick Scottie Pippen. That's 3 all-stars and a 6th Man of the Year they surrounded MJ with, including two Hall of Famers. The Bulls had 6 picks in the top-11 between 1985 and 1989, plus two others in the top-20, and they used them well.

After drafting LBJ, in the next six years the Cavs first-round picks were Luke Jackson, Shannon Brown, JJ Hickson, and Christian Eyenga. Only one top-11 pick (Jackson at #10), only one other pick in the top-20 (Hickson at #19). None of them became useful rotation players for the Cavs, Shannon Brown was the only decent pick and he was too young and raw at the time, spent years in the G-League bouncing around to Chicago and Charlotte and LA and then finally becoming a rotation player in his fourth season.

That's the difference. Bulls picked at #6, #8, #10, #11, #18, and #20, and used them well. Cavs picked at #10 and #19 and didn't do shyt with them.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Then Pippen is better than all of them if we're assigning the same value to all rings
And Robert Horry.........

Ain't y'all tired of this weak argument.. Pippen was second fiddle.. Kobe was 1A. Kobe avg more points per game in those playoffs for the first three rings (21, 29, 26) than ANY year Pippen played in the playoffs but one (22).. That one year he avg 22, was the year Jordan left and they didn't even make the finals..

Y'all act like Kobe was Darko when the nikka was avg 29 fukking points a game by the second title run..

Please cut it out