Does Lebron have sole claim to his own era?

Does Lebron have his own era?

• Yes, all to himself (I might be an unreasonable stan)

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • No, he has no era at all (I might be an unreasonable hater)

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • His era is shared

Votes: 72 67.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Since 2003, Bron's got the most MVPs, FMVPs, and overall accolades playing in a league with Duncan, Kobe, Shaq, Curry, KD, KG, among other HOF players.

Jordan wasn't winning shyt when Bird, KAJ, Zeke and Magic were in their primes and was lucky to eat in the barren wasteland that was the 90s expansion era.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
In that case, Magic dominated his era more than Bird did. Both won 3 MVPs, but Magic went to 9 finals and won 5 compared to Bird going to 5 and winning 3.

THIS ISNT ABOUT WHO
DOMINATED AN ERA MORE...

IF A nikka WINS 3 TITLES
AND 3 STRAIGHT MVPS IN
YOUR ERA.

YOU SHARED THE ERA.

LET ALONE MAGIC WASNT EVEN
THE LAKERS BEST PLAYER
FOR THE 1ST TITLE...

:devil:
:evil:

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
Is the goal winning or winning on @Bop Gun's terms?

What's acceptable to YOU as a fan of the sport. Leave it up to the GM or create the spark on your own?

Has nothing to do with me. Everything I said is exactly what happened. LeBron fans hate those facts being pointed out.

Hog wash. The only reason why the Dubs won in ‘15 is because the next two best Cavs players were hurt (imagine if klay and Dray got injured in the finals). In ‘16 the dubs had an advantage and still lost, so they had to recruit KD to create the Monstars (what do you think would have happened if KD signed with the Cavs) to keep bron from dominating.

Anyone who thinks curry is anywhere near Bron is f’d in the head, and I’m a huge chef fan.

If they were healthy, we still dont know who wins. But I agree, those were significant injuries.

As far as KD is concerned, Golden State was able to sign him because they weren't tied down to multiple max contracts, because the team was built organically. And also because the salary cap increased. Any team would be dumb NOT to sign KD, and Front Offices do not care about player legacies, they are focused solely on wanting to win and assembling the best team possible.

BTW, KD went to Golden State after blowing a 3-1 lead to them. Let's present the facts.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Has nothing to do with me. Everything I said is exactly what happened. LeBron fans hate those facts being pointed out.

I'm asking you if the approach to winning is right or wrong.

Yes those are the facts of what happened. But how do YOU feel about it?

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps

If they were healthy, we still dont know who wins. But I agree, those were significant injuries.

As far as KD is concerned, Golden State was able to sign him because they weren't tied down to multiple max contracts, because the team was built organically. And also because the salary cap increased. Any team would be dumb NOT to sign KD, and Front Offices do not care about player legacies, they are focused solely on wanting to win and assembling the best team possible.

BTW, KD went to Golden State after blowing a 3-1 lead to them. Let's present the facts.
I agree with all that you say. But it doesn’t address who was the better player between Chef and Bron. Yes the Dubs were an extremely well run organization. Has nothing to do with the argument. Bron is so far above Chef it’s a comical argument. It’s like if I tried to make an argument over Robert Horry’s historical greatness because of “rings”. Bron is the Goat. Not a doubt in my mind.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Since 2003, Bron's got the most MVPs, FMVPs, and overall accolades playing in a league with Duncan, Kobe, Shaq, Curry, KD, KG, among other HOF players.

Jordan wasn't winning shyt when Bird, KAJ, Zeke and Magic were in their primes and was lucky to eat in the barren wasteland that was the 90s expansion era.

How you gonna say Jordan wasn't winning shyt when Bird, Zeke and co. were in their primes and then name dudes like Duncan, Kobe, Shaq, and KG as if LeBron was in the league and getting chips when they were in their prime? TD was 15 years in when Bron won his first title, Kobe was 16 years in, and Shaq was in his final season, Hell half of them "other HOF players" were probably Bron's teammates :heh:

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
I'd argue the evolution of offenses emphasizing shooters across the lineup had more impact on that :yeshrug:
Both contributed to redefining the league. Not an either or question. But not recognizing the impact Bron had on the way the game is currently played is bananas. Before bron for all intents and purposes you played one position and one position only.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
How you gonna say Jordan wasn't winning shyt when Bird, Zeke and co. were in their primes and then name dudes like Duncan, Kobe, Shaq, and KG as if LeBron was in the league and getting chips when they were in their prime? TD was 15 years in when Bron won his first title, Kobe was 16 years in, and Shaq was in his final season, Hell half of them "other HOF players" were probably Bron's teammates :heh:
Kobe and Duncan retired when Bron was in his 30s after his 3rd championship. Kobe and Duncan were also on contending teams when Bron won his first championship, it's not like they were on some Jordan on the Wizards shyt. They were still regarded as premier players until 2014. Hell, Bron's 15th season he faced the Warriors in the finals and nobody acts like he was some old geezer losing to prime superstars.

Kareem retired in 1989 and Magic played in one season in the 1990s. They were not relevant in that era.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps

Nah, they were able to sign him because of the cap spike and Curry's early ankle injuries preventing him from getting the type of extension that he deserved. Also, not only were the Warriors fortunate enough to draft Steph, Klay and Draymond, but each of those players signed their second big contracts under a completely different salary structure. It was a confluence of unlikely events that allowed them to put that team together without losing any depth.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

JORDAN AND BILL RUSSELL
ARE THE ONLY PLAYERS
WHO DIDNT SHARE AN ERA.

:devil:
:evil:

Have Russell and Wilt switch teams and Russell is getting washed. He averaged ~12ppg on 35% shooting in almost half his Finals appearances and only had 2 Finals where he averaged more than 20. If that was Bron or even Draymond you'd be roasting the shyt out of him, not saying he was dominating alone. He was a star but that was the Celtics' era, not Russell's era.

When was MJ's era? Did he have two three-year "eras" with a two-year gap between? Because if 96-98 is "MJ's era", then why wouldn't 94-95 be "Hakeem's era"?

And what do you have against George Mikan?

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Jordan 91-98.

How is 94-95 part of Jordan's era when he only won 1 playoff series those two years while Hakeem was winning back-to-back Finals.

Of course, that's partly because he was out much of that time by his own choice...which makes it even less his era, right?