Does Lebron have sole claim to his own era?

Does Lebron have his own era?

• Yes, all to himself (I might be an unreasonable stan)

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • No, he has no era at all (I might be an unreasonable hater)

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • His era is shared

Votes: 72 67.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Unless you’re either retarded or don’t understand basketball, you can’t say the 2000’s cavs squads Bron played on were championship level. The championship teams he did play on weren’t superior to the supporting cast of other great teams of the past, so it’s not like he stacked the deck. Wade, Bosh, Love, Irving, Davis, etc had one championship between them before joining bron before and since…and bron was the best player by far on all his teams.

You can’t punish Bron because the Cavs management was incompetent. Unlike the Celtics, Bulls, lakers, Dubs, etc..
What made the 2000s Cavs management incompetent? Did the Cavs not reach the finals in 2007 and win 60+ reg season games in 2009 and 2010?

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
How is 94-95 part of Jordan's era when he only won 1 playoff series those two years while Hakeem was winning back-to-back Finals.

Of course, that's partly because he was out much of that time by his own choice...which makes it even less his era, right?
I mean if we wanna be dikkheads about it we can do that :yeshrug: but I don't see the point. If I start whipping everybody ass for 3 years straight, leave for 2 years (bro he came back literally a month before the '95 playoffs started), use that lil bit of a season to knock the rust off and then immediately three peat again the following year, idk what you call that.

I fukk wit the dream tho, I'm not trying to take anything away from him at all. I'm not classifying 2 years an era though, so if we wanna count MJ threepeats separate while crediting LBJ for his finals appearances, then we gotta start MJ first run back in the late 80s when he was battling the bad boys for the ECF.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
What made the 2000s Cavs management incompetent? Did the Cavs not reach the finals in 2007 and win 60+ reg season games in 2009 and 2010?
Compare Bron’s supporting cast to those of championship level organizations. Bron had folks believing Boobie Gibson and JJ Hickson were some kind of ballers. The fact remains the bulls balled tough without Jordan, because the team was stacked was stacked from front to back with a goated coach and system

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Have Russell and Wilt switch teams and Russell is getting washed. He averaged ~12ppg on 35% shooting in almost half his Finals appearances and only had 2 Finals where he averaged more than 20. If that was Bron or even Draymond you'd be roasting the shyt out of him, not saying he was dominating alone. He was a star but that was the Celtics' era, not Russell's era.

When was MJ's era? Did he have two three-year "eras" with a two-year gap between? Because if 96-98 is "MJ's era", then why wouldn't 94-95 be "Hakeem's era"?

And what do you have against George Mikan?

WE ARENT DOING HYPOTHETICALS.

BILL WON 11 RINGS.
IT WAS HIS ERA AND HIS ERA ALONE.

MJ ERA WAS 1991-1998.

HAKEEM WINNING 2 TITLES
WHEN MJ RETIRED DOESNT CHANGE THAT.

EVEN IF MJ DIDNT RETIRE
AND HAKEEM WON
2 RINGS IT STLL WOULDNT
BE CLOSE ENOUGH TO
6 TITLES, 6 FMVPS AND 4 MVPS
IN 8 YEARS TO SHARE AN ERA.

:devil:
:evil:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Hmmm, let's see:

* From 1999 to 2021, the Cavs had 12 seasons that LeBron didn't play. In those seasons they averaged 24 wins a year. Their very best season without Bron was 33 wins....in other words, worse than their very worst season with Bron, when he was just 18.

* From 2000-2010, outside of Bron their best draft picks were Jamal Crawford (who they immediately traded away for Chris Mihm), Brendan Haywood (who they immediately traded away for Michael Doleac), Carlos Boozer (who they let walk away for nothing after just two years on the team), and Danny Green (who they waived after his rookie season). They had zero good draft picks that they actually kept.

* From 2000-2010, their best trade acquisitions were Delonte West and Mo Williams, both of whom ended up turning out to be 6th men within a couple years.

* From 2000-2010, their best free agent acquisition was...did they even have one net positive free agent signing? Pretty much every free agent they picked up made the team worse.

Can you name anything they did WELL in the 2000s? Anything at all? Bron was carrying a dumpster fire of an organization.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

WE ARENT DOING HYPOTHETICALS.

BILL WON 11 RINGS.
IT WAS HIS ERA AND HIS ERA ALONE.

MJ ERA WAS 1991-1998.

HAKEEM WINNING 2 TITLES
WHEN MJ RETIRED DOESNT CHANGE THAT.

EVEN IF MJ DIDNT RETIRE
AND HAKEEM WON
2 RINGS IT STLL WOULDNT
BE CLOSE ENOUGH TO
6 TITLES, 6 FMVPS AND 4 MVPS
IN 8 YEARS TO SHARE AN ERA.

:devil:
:evil:

How can it be your era still when you're not even there?

1994-1995 clearly weren't part of MJ's era. There's no argument for that.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Compare Bron’s supporting cast to those of championship level organizations. Bron had folks believing Boobie Gibson and JJ Hickson were some kind of ballers. The fact remains the bulls balled tough without Jordan, because the team was stacked was stacked from front to back with a goated coach and system
What about in 1984 when MJ was drafted, were those Bulls stacked too? You trying to compare the 1st 3peat Bulls to the 2000s Cavs smh

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I mean if we wanna be dikkheads about it we can do that :yeshrug: but I don't see the point. If I start whipping everybody ass for 3 years straight, leave for 2 years (bro he came back literally a month before the '95 playoffs started), use that lil bit of a season to knock the rust off and then immediately three peat again the following year, idk what you call that.

I call it two three-peats. Seems simple enough.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Era means you was running shyt for a long period of time.. Magic/Kareem in the 80s, Jordan/Pippen in the 90s, Kobe in the 00s...

Bron was up there but nah.. Shaq had a damn threepeat and didn't have an era.. Why the hell would a 2 peat get it? Or two more random rings? How you gonna have an era but someone out there won more than you during your era... That doesn't even make sense

And it's not a Bron thing... If you don't DOMINATE the era, you don't get one. Nobody is dominating now with these super teams, trade requests and constant changing of the financial rules. There probably won't ever be an "ERA" player that dominates and runs through teams for 5-6 years out of 10... Warriors didn't even do it as they split between Steph being the man and then KD being the man and then Steph being the man.. So I can't even give all 5 as Steph's era

Last edited:

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
I'm asking you if the approach to winning is right or wrong.

Yes those are the facts of what happened. But how do YOU feel about it?

I can't argue the fact of someone wanting to assemble the very best possible team, in fact, I doubt we'll ever see it happen again.

As you want my opinion, I'll be truthful, LeBron's Legacy gets diminished due to those same circumstances. 4-6 Finals record must be put into perspective though, 08' (inexperienced), 15' (injuries) and 18' (Cavs had no business in Finals, LeBron definitely carried them), need separate analysis, honestly.

Having said that, the Dallas choke job, not delivering on the promise of winning ring after ring during Heatles era, running from the grind, as well as calling himself King, he fell short.

I agree with all that you say. But it doesn’t address who was the better player between Chef and Bron. Yes the Dubs were an extremely well run organization. Has nothing to do with the argument. Bron is so far above Chef it’s a comical argument. It’s like if I tried to make an argument over Robert Horry’s historical greatness because of “rings”. Bron is the Goat. Not a doubt in my mind.

LeBron and Curry can't be directly compared, two completely different players and styles.

Not one person had Curry leading any team to 4 Finals wins, I doubt even reaching an appearance.

But, we all know who was the focal point of Cavs defenses the two years Curry and KD were teammates, and it wasn't KD.

Nah, they were able to sign him because of the cap spike and Curry's early ankle injuries preventing him from getting the type of extension that he deserved. Also, not only were the Warriors fortunate enough to draft Steph, Klay and Draymond, but each of those players signed their second big contracts under a completely different salary structure. It was a confluence of unlikely events that allowed them to put that team together without losing any depth.

Golden State doesnt happen if they went LeBron's route. Team Building>>>>>>Big 3 Super Teams.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Era means you was running shyt for a long period of time.. Magic/Kareem in the 80s, Jordan/Pippen in the 90s, Kobe in the 00s...

Bron was up there but nah.. Shaq had a damn threepeat and didn't have an era.. Why the hell would a 2 peat get it? Or two more random rings? How you gonna have an era but someone out there won more than you during your era... That doesn't even make sense

And it's not a Bron thing... If you don't DOMINATE the era, you don't get one. Nobody is dominating now with these super teams, trade requests and constant changing of the financial rules. There probably won't ever be an "ERA" player that dominates and runs through teams for 5-6 years out of 10... Warriors didn't even do it as they split between Steph being the man and then KD being the man and then Steph being the man.. So I can't even give all 5 as Steph's era
So Bron, Steph, and Shaq don't have an era but Kobe does even though he only won two titles as the man and won the same amount of rings as Duncan? :mjlol:

I can't argue the fact of someone wanting to assemble the very best possible team, in fact, I doubt we'll ever see it happen again.

As you want my opinion, I'll be truthful, LeBron's Legacy gets diminished due to those same circumstances. 4-6 Finals record must be put into perspective though, 08' (inexperienced), 15' (injuries) and 18' (Cavs had no business in Finals, LeBron definitely carried them), need separate analysis, honestly.

Having said that, the Dallas choke job, not delivering on the promise of winning ring after ring during Heatles era, running from the grind, as well as calling himself King, he fell short.

LeBron and Curry can't be directly compared, two completely different players and styles.

Not one person had Curry leading any team to 4 Finals wins, I doubt even reaching an appearance.

But, we all know who was the focal point of Cavs defenses the two years Curry and KD were teammates, and it wasn't KD.

Golden State doesnt happen if they went LeBron's route. Team Building>>>>>>Big 3 Super Teams.
Their route to teambuilding involved sucking during the first few years of Curry's career which allowed them to draft future HOFERs. Lebron's Cavs were winning 50-60 games almost immediately and never had the luxury of drafting all-NBA caliber players in the lottery. Instead of being another Dame, he sought to play with the talent that guys like Curry, Duncan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Jordan had delivered to them by their respective front offices.