Does Lebron have sole claim to his own era?

Does Lebron have his own era?

• Yes, all to himself (I might be an unreasonable stan)

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • No, he has no era at all (I might be an unreasonable hater)

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • His era is shared

Votes: 72 67.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
No he didn't. Steph, Klay and Draymond developed naturally over time, and nobody knew these guys would become the players they are.

LeBron continuously sought out future Hall of Famers, All Stars, and Veterans with Playoff experience who would sacrifice money to play for MLEs and also players who were bought out of their contracts to Ring Chase with him. And he continuously pushed the FOs to get rid of Young, Drafted talents for those older, more experienced Vets.

LeBron's Career will always be known as the Super Teams and Ring Chasing Era.
Hog wash. The only reason why the Dubs won in ‘15 is because the next two best Cavs players were hurt (imagine if klay and Dray got injured in the finals). In ‘16 the dubs had an advantage and still lost, so they had to recruit KD to create the Monstars (what do you think would have happened if KD signed with the Cavs) to keep bron from dominating.

Anyone who thinks curry is anywhere near Bron is f’d in the head, and I’m a huge chef fan.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Same amount of rings as Curry in his era :jbhmm:

Oh that's a team accomplishment, surely he's had a biggest impact on the game. Oh wait :jbhmm:

I got it, he's changed the game with "Player Empowerment" :lolbron:
lol. Bron helped popularize position-less basketball. Y’all don’t understand the game at all

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
OP getting ran out of 2 threads :russ:
The hell are you talking about?? Have you looked at the poll? And what other thread you talking about :why:

@mbewane your boyfriend or something? Dude cosigning and I promise he don't even know wtf you talking about either. Y'all gotta be delusional Bron stans. Stop it, get some help gif

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town

JORDAN AND BILL RUSSELL
ARE THE ONLY PLAYERS
WHO DIDNT SHARE AN ERA.

:devil:
:evil:

I would say despite Bill Russell dominating that era with championships, Wilt was always seen as his rival and their names were almost synonymous with each other. Bill Russell had the greatest team (and he was the catalyst), while Wilt was putting up numbers that had never been seen and became almost like a mythological figure.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
He was omnipresent and loomed large but Steph was undeniable. His era was shared.

But no question he was the face of the league despite what the media would have you believe. Burns those other guys up

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I would say despite Bill Russell dominating that era with championships, Wilt was always seen as his rival and their names were almost synonymous with each other

THIS THREAD ISNT ABOUT
HAVING RIVALS.
ITS ABOUT DOMINATING AN ERA.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town

THIS THREAD ISNT ABOUT
HAVING RIVALS.
ITS ABOUT DOMINATING AN ERA.

In that case, Magic dominated his era more than Bird did. Both won 3 MVPs, but Magic went to 9 finals and won 5 compared to Bird going to 5 and winning 3.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
No one runs an era by themselves. No one. The best way to guage an All-Timer's era, and in essence maybe the meat of his prime, is to tell me when he went to his first Finals as a #1, and/or won his first championship as a #1 and/or won his first MVP, to when he went to his last Finals as a #1, won his last championship as a #1 and/or won his last MVP. That's your era...

This isn't an exact science and there's room to wiggle with added nuance and context for some guys but this defined barometer holds everyone to the same exact standards. No sliding criteria or that other frivolous bullshyt...

So by this measure, if I'm listing the Consensus GOAT 15 players, minus Oscar who won a single MVP but never a single Finals run as a #1, so I'm listing 14 guys:

Logo ran off his first Finals run as a #1 in '65, and his last Finals run as a #1 in 68, so that's a 4-year "era", 1964-68. Went 0-3 in The Finals...

All-Timers who won chips as #1s in Logo's defined era: Russell (2), Wilt (1)

Kobe led his first Finals run as a #1 in '04 and won his last ring as a #1 in '10, so he had a 7-year era, 2003-10. Won two #1 rings and an MVP, went 2-2 in 4 Finals appearances...

All-Timers who won a championship as a #1 in Kobe's defined era: Duncan (2), Wade (1), Garnett (1)...

Bird won his first championship in '81, and led his last Finals run in '87, so Bird had a 7-year era, 1980-87. Won 3 titles and 3 MVPs in this era, going 3-2 in 5 Finals appearances...

All-Timers who won a ring as a #1 in Bird's defined era: Magic (2), Kareem (1), Mo (1)...

Magic won his first championship as a #1 in '85, and led his last Finals run as a #1 in '91, so he had a 7-year "era" 1984-91. In that window he won 3 MVPs, 3 championships, and went 3-2 in 5 Finals appearances....

All-Timers who won rings as #1s in Magic's defined era: Zeke (2), Bird (1), Mike (1)...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Durant led his first Finals run in '12, and led his last Finals run as a #1 (so far) in '19, so he had an 8-year era from 2011-19. Within his run he won 2 chips as a #1 and was 2-2 in 4 Finals appearances...

All-Timers who won rings as #1s in Durant's 5-year run: LeBron (3), Parker (1), Steph (1), Kawhi (1)...

Steph won his first championship as a #1 in '15, and his most recent championship as a #1 in '22. 2014-2022, Steph had an 8-year era (so far), within that run he also added 2x MVPs and a FMVP, won two more rings as a #2, went to 3 Finals (2-1) as a #1 and 3 Finals as a #2 (2-1)...

All-Timers who won chips as #1s in Steph's 8-year era: LeBron (2), Durant as a #1 on Steph's team (2), Kawhi (1), Giannis (1)...

Shaq ran off his first Finals as a #1 and his MVP in '95, and his last championship as a #1 in '02. He had an 8-year era 1994-2002, winning 3 championships and going 3-1 in Finals...

All-Timers who won rings as #1s in Shaq's defined era: Mike (3), Hakeem (1), Duncan (1)...

Duncan won his first championship as a #1 in '99 and his last championship as a #1 in '07, so he had a 9-year era 1998-2007. In that time span he won a total of 4 chips as a #1 and 2 MVPs, going 4-0 in Finals...

All-Timers who won rings as #1s in Duncan's defined era: Shaq (3), Wade (1)...

Russell won his first MVP in '58 and his last championship as a #1 in '66. He had a 9-year era from 1957-66 in which he ran off 8 rings as a #1 and 5 MVPs, went 8-1 in 9 Finals appearances!

All-Timers who won chips as a #1 in Russell's defined era: Pettit (1)...

Hakeem ran off his first Finals run in '86, and his last MVP in '95. 1985-95, Hakeem had a 10-year era and the biggest indictment on his career is he only won big when Mike was either gone or playing a partial season. But in this defined era he went 2-1 in 3 Finals runs and won 2 rings and an MVP...

All-Timers who won rings as a #1 in Dream's defined era: Mike (3), Magic (2), Zeke (2), Bird (1)

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Jordan won his first MVP in '88, and led his last championship run in '98, so he had an 11-year run, 1987-98. In that window he ran off 6 chips, 5 MVPs, abd a 6-0 Finals record...

All-Timers who won a ring as a #1 in Mike's defined era: Hakeem (2), Zeke (2), Magic (1)

Kareem won his first championship as a #1 and MVP in '71, and won his last ring as a #1 in '82, so he had a 12-year era 1970-82. In that time span he ran off 3 chips with a 3-1 Finals record, and 6 league MVPs...

All-Timers who won a ring as a #1 in Kareem's defined era: Cowens (2), Wilt (1), Frazier (1), Barry (1), Walton (1), E (1), Bird(1)...

Wilt won his first MVP in '60, and his last championship in '72, so that would give him a 13-year run from 1959-72. Ran off 4 MVPs and 2 rings in this era...

All-Timers who won rings as #1s in Wilt's defined era: Russell (7), Havlicek (1), Reed (1), Kareem (1)...

Wilt would be the only guy I scale back his era, after '68 he wasn't the same guy and was clearly post-prime, so I'd actually make his "era" 1959-68 but that's still a window of time almost exclusively owned by Russell...

LeBron led his first Finals run in '07, and his last championship in '20, so he had a 14-year era from 2006-20. In that era he won 4 rings, 4 MVPs, and went 4-6 in 10 Finals appearances. 10x Finals appearances in 14 years, for bearky a decade and a half he was almost an annual Finals ticket...

All-Timers who won rings as #1s in Bron's defined era: Kobe (2), Durant (2), Duncan (1), Garnett (1), Dirk (1), Parker (1), Steph (1), Kawhi (1)...

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
misread the options. voted the second one thinking you meant the third one

to me, he shared his era with steph mainly, but then even dudes like dwade

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
This objectively holds all GOAT15 guys to the same standards. Nobody had a longer prime run or era than LeBron, that's an objective criteria...

Now more subjectively, if I had to give my real opinion?

Wilt and Russell shared the 60s, 1957-68 and that's the conventional wisdom of the time. Russell won all but two of the rings in that run but Wilt was the single most dominant player in the sport, they shared that era...

There is no "Jerry West" era...

Kareem was the single most dominant player in basketball from his entrance to the entrance of Magic and Bird. I'm comfortable giving Kareem a full 10-year, 1970-80 era. Magic won FMVP in '80 and Bird won his first ring in '81 and by that time, we are into the Magic/Bird era, which I'd extend to Magic's last Finals run in '91, so 1980-91...

There is no "Hakeem Olajuwon Era"...

Mike's entrance as MVP and DPOY in '88 fully announces the Mike era as the best player in ball, and I'm comfortable extending his era to '98. He only missed one FULL year of basketball (1993-94 season), so Hakeem winning a title in '95 counts as Mike's era, and though he came on at the end of the Celtic/Showtime era, the Lakers and Pistons Ws from 1988-90 count as Mike's era too because he was the best player in basketball. Not the second or 4th best. He was the best player in basketball...

This idea that we have to call Mike's "era" only the years he won the championship is some gay ass, biased ass shyt that yall don't do for anyone else, I'm never going for that BS...

I don't actually believe a "Shaq era" began in '94. I think Post-Jordan, we entered a 12-year Duncan/Shaq/Kobe era, 1998-2010. Those 3 men owned the sport, and there's overlap as to who peaked when but 00s basketball is those 3 players and those 3 guys only...

Similarly to how Mike came on at the end of the Magic/Bird run, Bron came on at the end of the Kobe/Duncan/Shaq run. That '07 Finals run announced him as here and by the next year you could argue him as the best player in basketball, and could make that case thru 2020. There were solo years you could argue Durant may have been better, or Steph, or Kobe, or Kawhi the year Bron was hurt, but not a single one of those guys has a definitive case over Bron from 2007-20, that's an unprecedented 13-year run of GOATness...

There is no "Kevin Durant" era. But with that said, there is a Chef era that overlaps with the back end of Bron's run. Bron's era ended in '20, anything Steph did after that wasn't in Bron's run. I'd say Steph's era began with the rise of the Warriors dynasty, so for 6 years Bron shared his era with Steph and The Dubs (2014-20)...

Most you nikkas on here ain't got an objective bone in your body, I remain about as objective as it gets fir a Coli poster...