Does Lebron have sole claim to his own era?

Does Lebron have his own era?

• Yes, all to himself (I might be an unreasonable stan)

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • No, he has no era at all (I might be an unreasonable hater)

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • His era is shared

Votes: 72 67.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
You got me confused with another brother. The only thing I ever say about KD is in response to cats who equate Bron's move and his move as the same. They aren't: Bron went to a team 4 years removed from a title that hadn't even made it beyond the 1st Rd since that win 4 years earlier; Durant went to a team fresh off b2b Finals runs and had won the title the previous year...

Durant went to the team that eliminated him in the WCF. The Heat and Cavs never met in the playoffs, the Heat were no threat to LeBron...

Durant went to the team with the b2b MVP, '16 Steph being a Top 10 GOAT individual season ever, in the conversation for best player alive at the moment. No one ever legitimately thought Wade was better than Bron or Kobe, we get that revisionist shyt online here but there was no real momentum in real time with cats arguing Wade over those two, to say nothing of the fact that Wade never reached a level anywhere near the bar of '16 Steph...

The Warriors Durant went to were 73-9 and elite on both sides of the ball. The Heat Bron went to were like 43-39 and struggling in Rd1 vs the juggernaut Atlanta Hawks...

I only respond that Durant's move was different on every level. I dont care that he won those rings. He was never on Bron's level and i defend Durant plenty from MANY cats on here who say he was just along for the ride in SF...

As far as Bron's East, well now that we know it wasnt the weakest conference ever (that was the period before him when The East was uncompetitive in Finals), now its he dominated the conference with super teams. But he made his first ECF run in '07, that wasnt a super team, then another ECF run in '09 without a super team, then another 60 wins without a super team in '10...

You gotta stretch to call the entire Cleveland II run a "super" team. The Heatles fit the criteria but thats all you got...

We can agree to disagree, I think Bron's 2006-20 was significantly more potent than Mike's 1987-98, given the dramatic increase in talent and competitive balance, the fact Bron didnt take a year and a half off, and the fact Bron held that position of dominance 3 years longer...

Nobody has won more titles than Bron from 2003 to now, so they didn't do it during 2006-20 either. And no I think Mike had an 11-year run of supremacy, it's never been reasonable to say Mike's reign was the years he won titles only...

Stop talking basketball, my brother...
Lebron didn’t join the Heat team from 2010, he created a new super team with Wade and Bosh in Miami for 2011. Even though we saw 20 years and grade him on a curve, let’s give Lebron 5 more years to see if he catches Mike:mjlol:

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Lebron having an era is like Kareem having an era. All time great yes, but era means that person defined the times in some way.

Bill Russell was an era. Bird/Magic were an era. MJ was an era. Kobe was an era. Lebron arrived at the height of globalization, it’s not his fault but by the time he arrived to greatness everything was wide open. It’s just like music, only thing you can call Hip Hop post the 50/Kanye sales battle is “modern era”. That included Kung Fu Kenny who is arguably the best of this modern era (just like Lebron)

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Lebron having an era is like Kareem having an era. All time great yes, but era means that person defined the times in some way.

Bill Russell was an era. Bird/Magic were an era. MJ was an era. Kobe was an era. Lebron arrived at the height of globalization, it’s not his fault but by the time he arrived to greatness everything was wide open. It’s just like music, only thing you can call Hip Hop post the 50/Kanye sales battle is “modern era”. That included Kung Fu Kenny who is arguably the best of this modern era (just like Lebron)

How can Kobe have an era with 2 rings and 1 MVP. But Bron can't have one with 4 and 4?

Lol

MyApps

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Because penalizing someone for making it to the Finals as an underdog is the dumbest shyt imaginable. If he could have improved his standing via your criteria by losing in the 1st round more often, then it's too dumb a criteria to acknowledge.
how can Lebron be the 2nd greatest of all time if he's constantly the underdog?

Especially in light of him stacking the deck at every opportunity

AND

Going back to a perceived terribly run Franchise to try to win a championship (and doing so, which is kinda the point of many posters).

If Cleveland was so bad a franchise, then how did he win 60+ games in back to back years with a coach of the year?

If Cleveland was such a bad franchise, THEN WHY DID HE GO BACK?

Sounds like he put himself in position to LOSE more than win, so everyone feels sorry for him.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Lebron didn’t join the Heat team from 2010, he created a new super team with Wade and Bosh in Miami for 2011. Even though we saw 20 years and grade him on a curve, let’s give Lebron 5 more years to see if he catches Mike:mjlol:
Bruh you the only nikka talking bout this "catch Mike" shyt 🤣 to many of us he passed Mike many years ago; Bron could've retired after the '16 Finals as far as I'm concerned, Mike was finished at that moment...

you the main nikka on this "catch Mike" shyt but Mike wasnt requires to "catch" anyone before cats gave him GOAT consideration 🤣

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
The 2nd best player of all time CAN NOT HAVE A SUB 0.500 RECORD IN THE NBA FINALS AFTER 10 TRIES.

IF HES THAT GUY, HE WOULDVE GOTTEN IT DONE FAR MORE OFTEN.

Why this is so hard for you guys to understand....
:mjlol:

Shut yo dumb ass up Nina

Nobody gives a fukk about that bum ass nikka Russ

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
When you mention Steph you must mention Klay & Dray and even KD when you mention Bron there’s nobody else

Wade was washed by 2012 and stole money the last four years of his career

Bosh had Bloodclots

Kyrie is Kyrie

AD is day to Day til this day

There’s nobody you can mention with Bron

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
how can Lebron be the 2nd greatest of all time if he's constantly the underdog?

Because it's a team game?

Everyone other than Russell has been an underdog most seasons. Guys like Kobe, Hakeem, and Kareem straight missed the playoffs and had multiple first round losses in the middle of their prime. Every star has plenty sessions where they obviously didn't have the squad to win.

The difference with Bron is that he could regularly carry such underdog squads to the Finals instead of losing earlier.... and bizarrely, you think that should count against him.

If Cleveland was so bad a franchise, then how did he win 60+ games in back to back years

Because peak Bron is one of the greatest floor lifters in history. That same squad won 19 games without him the next year.

MyApps

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Because it's a team game?

Everyone other than Russell has been an underdog most seasons. Guys like Kobe, Hakeem, and Kareem straight missed the playoffs and had multiple first round losses in the middle of their prime. Every star has plenty sessions where they obviously didn't have the squad to win.

The difference with Bron is that he could regularly carry such underdog squads to the Finals instead of losing earlier.... and bizarrely, you think that should count against him.

Because peak Bron is one of the greatest floor lifters in history. That same squad won 19 games without him the next year.
Was Jordan ever an "underdog" in his era?

Also, You don't think it's ironic that despite him being the 2nd greatest player of all time AND choosing his teammates in the prime of his career he was still in underdog most seasons. Bron basically ensured he always had the "squad" to win every season.

All the other guys NEVER had that opportunity, at least not more than once (aside from Wilt).

He's not LeGM for nothing...

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Bruh you the only nikka talking bout this "catch Mike" shyt 🤣 to many of us he passed Mike many years ago; Bron could've retired after the '16 Finals as far as I'm concerned, Mike was finished at that moment...

you the main nikka on this "catch Mike" shyt but Mike wasnt requires to "catch" anyone before cats gave him GOAT consideration 🤣
First of all I’m not a Bron stan so I don’t identify with y’all delusional minds about Bron being goat. I don’t have to convince the consensus that MJ is the goat. The catch Mike thing almost gave you a haircut. You solved the Lebron dilemma with your response about Mike being considered goat in short order. It don’t take long for the people to see it(Mahomes) but when they don’t they don’t