Does Lebron have sole claim to his own era?

Does Lebron have his own era?

• Yes, all to himself (I might be an unreasonable stan)

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • No, he has no era at all (I might be an unreasonable hater)

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • His era is shared

Votes: 72 67.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Kobetards like to pretend Duncan doesn't have the same amount as rings as him.

During his "prime" where he "deserved" MVP he was missing the playoffs or getting bounced in the first round. Demanding a trade and whining in parking lots to anyone with a camera until he was gifted Gasol. Gea lucky social media was in itd infancy
:deadrose:cotdayum breh. Did you forget that man is no longer with us? Sheesh RIP Kobe Bean

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Kobetards like to pretend Duncan doesn't have the same amount as rings as him.

During his "prime" where he "deserved" MVP he was missing the playoffs or getting bounced in the first round. Demanding a trade and whining in parking lots to anyone with a camera until he was gifted Gasol. Gea lucky social media was in itd infancy
Kobe was the best player in the NBA from 2003-2010. Kobe won the most chips in the 2000s decade. Lebron missed the playoffs in 2019 which is part of his era according to yall

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Isiah getting old.

how old breh :patrice:

nikkas keep throwing out "the Pistons were old" argument when Zeke would have been THIRTY in 91.
You can't call them old when the dude who beat them continued to win into his mid to late 30s :francis:

them Pistons teams didn't lose because they were old chronologically as a roster, they lost because the Bulls were finally good enough to beat them. :manny:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Might be more legit than those 2 KD rings

Bron has been the best player on every single one of his championship teams. The only other player you can say that about is Jordan..
And Mikan, but that's the list. Mikan, then Mike, then Bron. Only guys in NBA history who won at least 4 titles, and were the best players fir all of them. Everybody else with a grip of rings has #2 and/or role player rings in there somewhere...
I think AD was the best player on the 2020 bubble gum chip Lakers

What was powerful about that Propaganda from that Lebron sycophant? You wanna know what else happened in the “so called” Bron era 2007-2020, Duncan won 2 rings, KD won 2 rings, Kawhi won 2 rings, Kobe went to the finals 3 years in a row and won 2 rings, Kobe had to teach Bron and em how to win gold in Olympic games 2x, Steph won 4 rings and built a dynasty off Lebron’s back, Steph also changed the way the game is played in Bron’s era. What an era:ohlawd:
Kobe was the best player in the NBA from 2003-2010. Kobe won the most chips in the 2000s decade. Lebron missed the playoffs in 2019 which is part of his era according to yall
His era doesn't mean no one else won anything. It was his era because for 14 years he dominated the game to a degree no one else did...

You already agree that LeBron is the second greatest player ever so i dont know what your angle is, you already believe none of those guys you listed are as great of players as Bron. Objectively speaking nothing bears those guys as better players, none of them have more rings than Bron during Bron's time in the NBA:

•Durant only won his two rings when he linked with another Top 3 player of his era. Durant has played 13 years (and counting) off THAT team and has just a single Finals appearance to show for it. Doesnt have Bron's playoff resume, and isnt anywhere near Bron in any measure of relevanxe, but you know this;

•Duncan won 2 rings befire LeBron entered the NBA. In the 13 years they were in the NBA simultaneously, Bron won 3 rings, Duncan won 3 rings, but even you realize one of Duncan's rings was won in Bron's Y2, before he elevated to annual contention, and one of his rings he was an old man on one of the GOAT teams...

Duncan isn't ahead of Bron in any measure of relevance but you know this already;

•Kawhi got one ring as a role player, and the other ring when LeBron was hurt. There isnt a year they've both been healthy, with both in their primes, that Kawhi has a ring, yet Bron has 2 ('16, '20) when both were healthy and in their primes....

Kawhi isnt anywhere close to Bron in terms of relevance, but you already know this;

•Kobe won 3 ringa before Bron even entered the NBA, and was a #2 at that. In the 13 years they both played in the NBA together, Bron won 3 rings, Kobe won 2. Aside from that, Kobe isnt anywhere near Bron in playoff performance, MVPs, Top 5 finishes, nothing, and LeBron was never anyone's #2, but you know this already;

•Steph isn't anywhere near Bron in terms of relevant criteria, that dynasty was built by signing Durant, otherwise 2 rings in 11 years, or 2 in 4 non-Durant years (that's Steph's non-Durant career) isn't dynastic. You don't need this explained to you. Or maybe you do...

You and I agree that Mike's era was 1987-98, other greats won championships in Mike's era. But nobody won more than Mike, nobody was more dominant than Mike, that's why it was Mike's era...

Bron had a 14-year era. In his era:

•he was Top 5 MVP finish 13 years, so every year he was healthy (minus '19) he was a viable MVP guy. This includes 3 runner-ups, and winning 4 MVPs in 5 years. Nobody else has more than 7 Top 5 finishes in his run (Kobe), Bron has 13, and no one else has more than 2 MVPs (Steph, Giannis), Bron has their amount of MVPs combined;

•he went to 11 conference finals, so he was Final Four almost every year. No one else in Bron's era appeared in more than 6 conference finals (Durant);

•Bron has 10 Finals appearances in his 14-year era. Almost every year for a decade and a half this nikka was a ticket. No one else has more than 5 Finals runs in his era (Steph), Bron doubles this;

•Bron has 4 championships in his run, No one else has more than 3 (Steph). Bron won all of his as a #1, no one else won more than 2 as a #1 (Kobe, Durant), Bron doubled this...

Not even gonna count the All-NBAs abd All-Stars and other tropies of relevance, what are we talking about here bro? You have to do real mental gymnastics to say anyone was even close to Bron when he dominated the NBA...

Kobe was arguably the best player in that 7-year stretch, I do agree that was his window. But it wasn't definitive, Duncan was in there, Dirk was in there, Bron was in there. If I had to lean one guy then yes, I'd agree and say for those 7 years Kobe has the strongest case as the best player in ball---->but Bron doubled that run as arguably best player, and Kobe doesn't have the distance on others that Bron has in his, on Top 5 MVPs, MVPs, rings, Finals appearances, conference finals appearances. He wasn't dominant to the degree Bron was...

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
And Mikan, but that's the list. Mikan, then Mike, then Bron. Only guys in NBA history who won at least 4 titles, and were the best players fir all of them. Everybody else with a grip of rings has #2 and/or role player rings in there somewhere...

His era doesn't mean no one else won anything. It was his era because for 14 years he dominated the game to a degree no one else did...

You already agree that LeBron is the second greatest player ever so i dont know what your angle is, you already believe none of those guys you listed are as great of players as Bron. Objectively speaking nothing bears those guys as better players, none of them have more rings than Bron during Bron's time in the NBA:

•Durant only won his two rings when he linked with another Top 3 player of his era. Durant has played 13 years (and counting) off THAT team and has just a single Finals appearance to show for it. Doesnt have Bron's playoff resume, and isnt anywhere near Bron in any measure of relevanxe, but you know this;

•Duncan won 2 rings befire LeBron entered the NBA. In the 13 years they were in the NBA simultaneously, Bron won 3 rings, Duncan won 3 rings, but even you realize one of Duncan's rings was won in Bron's Y2, before he elevated to annual contention, and one of his rings he was an old man on one of the GOAT teams...

Duncan isn't ahead of Bron in any measure of relevance but you know this already;

•Kawhi got one ring as a role player, and the other ring when LeBron was hurt. There isnt a year they've both been healthy, with both in their primes, that Kawhi has a ring, yet Bron has 2 ('16, '20) when both were healthy and in their primes....

Kawhi isnt anywhere close to Bron in terms of relevance, but you already know this;

•Kobe won 3 ringa before Bron even entered the NBA, and was a #2 at that. In the 13 years they both played in the NBA together, Bron won 3 rings, Kobe won 2. Aside from that, Kobe isnt anywhere near Bron in playoff performance, MVPs, Top 5 finishes, nothing, and LeBron was never anyone's #2, but you know this already;

•Steph isn't anywhere near Bron in terms of relevant criteria, that dynasty was built by signing Durant, otherwise 2 rings in 11 years, or 2 in 4 non-Durant years (that's Steph's non-Durant career) isn't dynastic. You don't need this explained to you. Or maybe you do...

You and I agree that Mike's era was 1987-98, other greats won championships in Mike's era. But nobody won more than Mike, nobody was more dominant than Mike, that's why it was Mike's era...

•he was Top 5 MVP finish 13 years, so every year he was healthy (minus '19) he was a viable MVP guy. This includes 3 runner-ups, and winning 4 MVPs in 5 years. Nobody else has more than 7 Top 5 finishes in his run (Kobe), Bron has 13, and no one else has more than 2 MVPs (Steph, Giannis), Bron has their amount of MVPs combined;

•he went to 11 conference finals, so he was Final Four almost every year. No one else in Bron's era appeared in more than 6 conference finals (Durant);

•Bron has 10 Finals appearances in his 14-year era. Almost every year for a decade and a half this nikka was a ticket. No one else has more than 5 Finals runs in his era (Steph), Bron doubles this;

•Bron has 4 championships in his run, No one else has more than 3 (Steph). Bron won all of his as a #1, no one else won more than 2 as a #1 (Kobe, Durant), Bron doubled this...

Not even gonna count the All-NBAs abd All-Stars and other tropies of relevance, what are we talking about here bro? You have to do real mental gymnastics to say anyone was even close to Bron when he dominated the NBA...

Kobe was arguably the best player in that 7-year stretch, I do agree that was his window. But it wasn't definitive, Duncan was in there, Dirk was in there, Bron was in there. If I had to lean one guy then yes, I'd agree and say for those 7 years Kobe has the strongest case as the best player in ball---->but Bron doubled that run as arguably best player, and Kobe doesn't have the distance on others that Bron has in his, on Top 5 MVPs, MVPs, rings, Finals appearances, conference finals appearances. He wasn't dominant to the degree Bron was...
I’ll be generous and say Lebron’s era started in 2009-2020 since that’s when he won his 1st MVP. Lebron’s
accomplishments/accolades lands him at number 2 on the goat list with no chance of moving up and that’s because of the route he took to get to number 2.

I don’t want to hear anything about conference finals, he played on super teams in the weakest east ever with little real competition. Creating super teams is what his dominance has always been primarily based on.

Replace the phrase…Durant only won his 2 rings when he linked up with….Lebron only won his first 2 rings when he linked up with prime Wade and Bosh. Once KD decided to game the system for easy rings like Lebron things got a little weird for y’all Bron stans.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I’ll be generous and say Lebron’s era started in 2009-2020 since that’s when he won his 1st MVP. Lebron’s
accomplishments/accolades lands him at number 2 on the goat list with no chance of moving up and that’s because of the route he took to get to number 2.

I don’t want to hear anything about conference finals, he played on super teams in the weakest east ever with little real competition. Creating super teams is what his dominance has always been primarily based on.

Replace the phrase…Durant only won his 2 rings when he linked up with….Lebron only won his first 2 rings when he linked up with prime Wade and Bosh. Once KD decided to game the system for easy rings like Lebron things got a little weird for y’all Bron stans.
You have a problem with how Bron got his rings. I don't understand why, but it's cool. Even the window you gave him here is 12 years of being the most dominant player in ball, no one did anything more than Bron in this window of time...

From the time he entered The League in '03, no one won more titles, and remember he overlapped 13 years with Kobe and Duncan, no one won more MVPs, no one played in more Finals, no one made more All-NBAs or 1st Teams, no one did anything relevant more than LeBron in 20 years. It's not about "no one else winning", even Russell's "era" saw Pettit beat him directly in '58 and Wilt get one in '67. Every pantheon great has challengers to the throne during their run but the greatest of the greats were the most dominant and impactful guys of their era for an elongated period of time...

By the way, LeBron's East wasn't the weakest East ever though it's one of them. The post-Jordan East saw The West win all the championships in '99, '00, '01, '02, and '03. That's 5 straight chips to one conference, and it's pre-Bron. That's the weakest East ever, The East Mac and AI and Kidd and Pierce couldn't dominate...

There's a window in the 70s of a weak East too and weak West in the 80s....

You always say "yall" and for the millionth time I have to tell you Durant's rings don't bother me...

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
You have a problem with how Bron got his rings. I don't understand why, but it's cool. Even the window you gave him here is 12 years of being the most dominant player in ball, no one did anything more than Bron in this window of time...

From the time he entered The League in '03, no one won more titles, and remember he overlapped 13 years with Kobe and Duncan, no one won more MVPs, no one played in more Finals, no one made more All-NBAs or 1st Teams, no one did anything relevant more than LeBron in 20 years. It's not about "no one else winning", even Russell's "era" saw Pettit beat him directly in '58 and Wilt get one in '67. Every pantheon great has challengers to the throne during their run but the greatest of the greats were the most dominant and impactful guys of their era for an elongated period of time...

By the way, LeBron's East wasn't the weakest East ever though it's one of them. The post-Jordan East saw The West win all the championships in '99, '00, '01, '02, and '03. That's 5 straight chips to one conference, and it's pre-Bron. That's the weakest East ever, The East Mac and AI and Kidd and Pierce couldn't dominate...

There's a window in the 70s of a weak East too and weak West in the 80s....

You always say "yall" and for the millionth time I have to tell you Durant's rings don't bother me...
You bring up KD’s super team rings while excusing Lebron’s super team rings all the time. I can’t say it in any simpler way to you, Lebron dominated the east because he created super teams by teaming up with his competition. As soon as he went west things quickly balanced out.

I have Bron at 2 so I’m not denying his greatness. MJ’s 1987-1998 > Bron’s 2009-2020 but I’ll let you tell it

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I've already defined it upthread, it was 2006 (2006-07 season) thru 2020 (2019-20 season). 14 year run, where he won 4 MVPs, 4 championships, went to 10 Finals, was Top 5 MVP 13 of those years, made 14 All-NBA teams, 12x 1st Team in that window, 6x All-D (5x 1st), 2x DPOY runner-up, played in 11 conference finals going 10-1, won a scoring and an assist title 12 years apart, 2x AMVP in this window, was a 3x MVP runner-up in this window so realistically he could've won 7 MVPs...

Won 3 championships in 5 years on some dynasty shyt ('12, '13, '16); won 4 championships in 9 years on some dynasty shyt ('12, '13, '16, '20). And was the best player on his team for all 4 championships. The only other guy post-Jordan who won 4 rings as a #1 is Duncan, so over the course of the last 25 years, Bron and Duncan had the largest championship winning impact...

Post-Russell, only Bron, Duncan, and Mike won 4 or more titles as a a #1, that's going back 54 years with just 3 guys having the largest title winning impact...

Nobody has more of anything important in these 14 years. Not more championships or any of the other criteria I listed. He's literally #1 in every category but you swear he didnt have an era...

You advocated for Kobe upthread and Kobe doesn't have anything like this where he's #1 in everything...

In a 14-year run Bron was almost a guaranteed ticket, 10 Finals in 14 years and 11 conference finals. It was HIM every single year...
I'll give you the 3 rings in 5 years era.. Another player winning more titles than you during your reign, kinda eliminates a 14 year era... Hell we only give Jordan 6 years and he won 6..

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
You bring up KD’s super team rings while excusing Lebron’s super team rings all the time. I can’t say it in any simpler way to you, Lebron dominated the east because he created super teams by teaming up with his competition. As soon as he went west things quickly balanced out.

I have Bron at 2 so I’m not denying his greatness. MJ’s 1987-1998 > Bron’s 2009-2020 but I’ll let you tell it
You got me confused with another brother. The only thing I ever say about KD is in response to cats who equate Bron's move and his move as the same. They aren't: Bron went to a team 4 years removed from a title that hadn't even made it beyond the 1st Rd since that win 4 years earlier; Durant went to a team fresh off b2b Finals runs and had won the title the previous year...

Durant went to the team that eliminated him in the WCF. The Heat and Cavs never met in the playoffs, the Heat were no threat to LeBron...

Durant went to the team with the b2b MVP, '16 Steph being a Top 10 GOAT individual season ever, in the conversation for best player alive at the moment. No one ever legitimately thought Wade was better than Bron or Kobe, we get that revisionist shyt online here but there was no real momentum in real time with cats arguing Wade over those two, to say nothing of the fact that Wade never reached a level anywhere near the bar of '16 Steph...

The Warriors Durant went to were 73-9 and elite on both sides of the ball. The Heat Bron went to were like 43-39 and struggling in Rd1 vs the juggernaut Atlanta Hawks...

I only respond that Durant's move was different on every level. I dont care that he won those rings. He was never on Bron's level and i defend Durant plenty from MANY cats on here who say he was just along for the ride in SF...

As far as Bron's East, well now that we know it wasnt the weakest conference ever (that was the period before him when The East was uncompetitive in Finals), now its he dominated the conference with super teams. But he made his first ECF run in '07, that wasnt a super team, then another ECF run in '09 without a super team, then another 60 wins without a super team in '10...

You gotta stretch to call the entire Cleveland II run a "super" team. The Heatles fit the criteria but thats all you got...

We can agree to disagree, I think Bron's 2006-20 was significantly more potent than Mike's 1987-98, given the dramatic increase in talent and competitive balance, the fact Bron didnt take a year and a half off, and the fact Bron held that position of dominance 3 years longer...
I'll give you the 3 rings in 5 years era.. Another player winning more titles than you during your reign, kinda eliminates a 14 year era... Hell we only give Jordan 6 years and he won 6..
Nobody has won more titles than Bron from 2003 to now, so they didn't do it during 2006-20 either. And no I think Mike had an 11-year run of supremacy, it's never been reasonable to say Mike's reign was the years he won titles only...

Stop talking basketball, my brother...

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

The multiple basic errors here invalidates your opinion.

The 2nd best player of all time CAN NOT HAVE A SUB 0.500 RECORD IN THE NBA FINALS AFTER 10 TRIES.

IF HES THAT GUY, HE WOULDVE GOTTEN IT DONE FAR MORE OFTEN.

Why this is so hard for you guys to understand....

Because penalizing someone for making it to the Finals as an underdog is the dumbest shyt imaginable. If he could have improved his standing via your criteria by losing in the 1st round more often, then it's too dumb a criteria to acknowledge.

catskill247

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Standing Ovation