Does Lebron have sole claim to his own era?

Does Lebron have his own era?

• Yes, all to himself (I might be an unreasonable stan)

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • No, he has no era at all (I might be an unreasonable hater)

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • His era is shared

Votes: 72 67.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Was Jordan ever an "underdog" in his era?

MJ was an underdog every year 1984-1990 and 2002-2004. I believe he lost as the favorite in 1995.

Also, You don't think it's ironic that despite him being the 2nd greatest player of all time AND choosing his teammates in the prime of his career he was still in underdog most seasons. Bron basically ensured he always had the "squad" to win every season.

All the other guys NEVER had that opportunity, at least not more than once (aside from Wilt).

He's not LeGM for nothing...

Why do you think him having to act as his own GM gives him any advantage? It's not like he ever took a pay cut or forced his way out with an unfair trade to help his new team, like some players have. Is LeGM a superior GM to guys who do it full time? Were the other GMs trying to lose?

Every GOAT candidate other than Hakeem got to play with an elite supporting cast for a greater % of their career than Bron did. No one else ever gave the majority of the prime to a squad as sorry as Cleveland.

Daps
he has been the most important player in the NBA for at least 13 years and the other big players have their legacies directly as a result of Bron comparisons. No debate on this.
This.

Best way to judge an era is to see how players are compared.

EVERYONE is compared to LeBron. Steph vs Bron, Melo vs Bron, Celtics Big 3 vs Bron etc. Bron is the standard for his generation, same as MJ for his, Bird/Magic, Kareem, Wilt/Russell, Mikan and so on.

Plus, Bron is usually in the "is he GOAT" conversation. He might not be the best ever, but people actually debate MJ vs Bron vs Kareem vs Wilt. People hype Steph vs Bron.....or Kobe vs Bron yet neither Kobe (RIP) nor Steph would even be considered for NBA Mt. Rushmore. If you're not even in the GOAT convo, you can't be better than someone that is.

MyApps

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Why do you think him having to act as his own GM gives him any advantage? It's not like he ever took a pay cut or forced his way out with an unfair trade to help his new team, like some players have. Is LeGM a superior GM to guys who do it full time? Were the other GMs trying to lose?

Every GOAT candidate other than Hakeem got to play with an elite supporting cast for a greater % of their career than Bron did. No one else ever gave the majority of the prime to a squad as sorry as Cleveland.
:ufdup:

Has any other player had a nickname relating to a front office member?

Has any other player left multiple organizations IN HIS PRIME and teamed up with other all stars/superstars?

He's actually a far better GM because he's a player and can just go to a team of his choosing, THEN trade for another all star once there.

It ain't like he went to a team and had NO SUPPORTING CAST for his 1st 2 years post Cleveland. He leaves and IMMEDIATELY is with another Star player. And you got the nerve to say he's been an underdog for most of his career.

:francis:

Maybe he should've just stayed in 1 or 2 locations and not kicked off a domino effect all by himself.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:ufdup:

Has any other player had a nickname relating to a front office member?

Your reading comprehension appears to be for shyt

I asked why that should give him an advantage and you couldn't answer.

Has any other player left multiple organizations IN HIS PRIME and teamed up with other all stars/superstars?

Wilt, Shaq, Durant, all left and formed multiple new stacked teams in their prime, off the top of my head.

Others like Russell, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Kobe didn't need to because they all played for one of the two ultimate stacked organizations in the league who were able to build multiple such stacked squads around them.

He's actually a far better GM because he's a player and can just go to a team of his choosing, THEN trade for another all star once there.

I'm waiting for how that is different than what any other GM does. Has Bron created magic cap space that wasn't there? Won assets via unfair trades?

Maybe he should've just stayed in 1 or 2 locations and not kicked off a domino effect all by himself.

Bron was stuck in an awful organization that did little to make the team title-worthy for 7 seasons. No other GOAT had that. He took matters into his own hands and still played a smaller % of his career with stacked rosters than anyone you can make outside Hakeem.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
First of all I’m not a Bron stan so I don’t identify with y’all delusional minds about Bron being goat. I don’t have to convince the consensus that MJ is the goat. The catch Mike thing almost gave you a haircut. You solved the Lebron dilemma with your response about Mike being considered goat in short order. It don’t take long for the people to see it(Mahomes) but when they don’t they don’t
Many of us have been seen it with Bron. Most if yall don't, I'm not tripping...

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Many of us have been seen it with Bron. Most if yall don't, I'm not tripping...
The youngins think PG is the goat, point is that we all have our favorites but only the consensus decides. If the consensus opinion was that Bron was the goat then Bron, his inner circle, Klutch media, you and all Bron stans wouldn’t need to try so hard. Put it this way, when MJ dominated he was the apex predator with no natural rivals in the NBA unlike Bron who had to share dominance with Steph, KD, Kawhi etc… it goes beyond stats and accolades and participation trophies(runner up shyt)

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
The youngins think PG is the goat, point is that we all have our favorites but only the consensus decides. If the consensus opinion was that Bron was the goat then Bron, his inner circle, Klutch media, you and all Bron stans wouldn’t need to try so hard. Put it this way, when MJ dominated he was the apex predator with no natural rivals in the NBA unlike Bron who had to share dominance with Steph, KD, Kawhi etc… it goes beyond stats and accolades and participation trophies(runner up shyt)
Bron didn't have to share anything with anyone other than Steph and Steph's team that became the Dynasty of the era...

You nikkas go harder to refute Bron as GOAT than any of us who feel he is...

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Bron didn't have to share anything with anyone other than Steph and Steph's team that became the Dynasty of the era...

You nikkas go harder to refute Bron as GOAT than any of us who feel he is...
The consensus doesn’t view Bron as the goat , you and Bron stans(not all) do. It’s all based on emotional attachment for y’all, MJ is the superior NBA player in all things that matter to judge dominance. The fact that Steph built a dynasty off prime Lebron alone should disqualify him for the goat spot. So many red flags but I get it, that’s your favorite player.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
MJ is the superior NBA player in all things that matter to judge dominance.
This is false...

You the only one who cares about the consensus, it doesn't matter to me what the consensus is and when I talk about Bron I already know what the consensus is. I guess if the majority agreed Bron was GOAT you'd change your mind overnight 🤣...

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
you do know part of Jordans dominance is because the league expanded at a unprecedented rate, and the rest of the world /intl play was recovering from the end of the Cold War, right?

(this isnt even getting into how scottie playing on a bad contract, birds back and Magics HIV impact the trajectory of the league)

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
This is false...

You the only one who cares about the consensus, it doesn't matter to me what the consensus is and when I talk about Bron I already know what the consensus is. I guess if the majority agreed Bron was GOAT you'd change your mind overnight 🤣...
Humanity is based on consensus for non proven scientific things otherwise there would be chaos. I have Bron as number 2 all time even though I think Kobe was a better player so that should answer your question.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
you do know part of Jordans dominance is because the league expanded at a unprecedented rate, and the rest of the world /intl play was recovering from the end of the Cold War, right?

(this isnt even getting into how scottie playing on a bad contract, birds back and Magics HIV impact the trajectory of the league)
Just like MJ would have won 8 straight if he didn’t retire in 1993:troll: You just named things that happened during Jordan’s dominance but out of his control, thanks for the history lesson I guess :yeshrug: