Does Lebron have sole claim to his own era?

Does Lebron have his own era?

• Yes, all to himself (I might be an unreasonable stan)

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • No, he has no era at all (I might be an unreasonable hater)

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • His era is shared

Votes: 72 67.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I would argue he was the best player in the league from 03-10 but his actual era is definitely 2008-2010. 3 straight Finals, 2 Finals MVPs and a regular season MVP.

Hmmmm

I think an argument can be made….. I mean Tim Duncan was still around and then KG came up

But interesting nevertheless

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
All this typing... Bro... When was Bron's era... Point it out and we'll go from there.
I've already defined it upthread, it was 2006 (2006-07 season) thru 2020 (2019-20 season). 14 year run, where he won 4 MVPs, 4 championships, went to 10 Finals, was Top 5 MVP 13 of those years, made 14 All-NBA teams, 12x 1st Team in that window, 6x All-D (5x 1st), 2x DPOY runner-up, played in 11 conference finals going 10-1, won a scoring and an assist title 12 years apart, 2x AMVP in this window, was a 3x MVP runner-up in this window so realistically he could've won 7 MVPs...

Won 3 championships in 5 years on some dynasty shyt ('12, '13, '16); won 4 championships in 9 years on some dynasty shyt ('12, '13, '16, '20). And was the best player on his team for all 4 championships. The only other guy post-Jordan who won 4 rings as a #1 is Duncan, so over the course of the last 25 years, Bron and Duncan had the largest championship winning impact...

Post-Russell, only Bron, Duncan, and Mike won 4 or more titles as a a #1, that's going back 54 years with just 3 guys having the largest title winning impact...

Nobody has more of anything important in these 14 years. Not more championships or any of the other criteria I listed. He's literally #1 in every category but you swear he didnt have an era...

You advocated for Kobe upthread and Kobe doesn't have anything like this where he's #1 in everything...

In a 14-year run Bron was almost a guaranteed ticket, 10 Finals in 14 years and 11 conference finals. It was HIM every single year...

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
What's Kobe's playoff record without an All-Star big man Stanley?
IDK. Prolly not good, nikka. Idgaf about Kobe's legacy/standing :mjlol:

Good situations??? 😅😅😅😅😅😅😅 Please tell me what success those teams had the season before he got there.
Yes, because a team's record is the only way the team can have a good situation from LeBron's viewpoint. It definitely has nothing to do with the large amounts of draft capital/young talent that Bron can trade away when he runs to said organization, to add himself AND another star/superstar with him when he goes :comeon:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Before LeBron AND AD joined?

Before LeBron AND Kevin Love joined?

Before LeBron AND Bosh joined WITH D. Wade (who already won w/o Bron)?
Shut up you old 50 year old washed bum. Lebron ended your franchise for the next 50 years. Y’all gonna be in Vegas in 5 years. :heh:

""Bron has been the best player since 2009 (The year Dwight Howard ran him out one of the weakest ever Eastern conferences) and STLL has a case right now, this era is all his!! :blessed:" :skip: :unimpressed:
Lebron averaged 40 points, 8 assists, and 8 rebounds on 50% shooting. Had games of 49, 41, 42, and 37 points. Hit a game winner and multiple shots to force overtime. Had the same amount of blocked shots in the series as Dwight.:laff:

I swear yall don’t watch ball

Last edited:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Shut up you old 50 year old washed bum. Lebron ended your franchise for the next 50 years. Y’all gonna be in Vegas in 5 years. :heh:

Lebron averaged 40 points, 8 assists, and 8 rebounds on 50% shooting. Had games of 49, 41, 42, and 37 points. Hit a game winner and multiple shots to force overtime. Had the same amount of blocked shots in the series as Dwight.:laff:

I swear you dum dums don’t watch ball

:umad:Dirk bytched him out

Smitty Belafonte

All Star
Daps
Unless you’re either retarded or don’t understand basketball, you can’t say the 2000’s cavs squads Bron played on were championship level. The championship teams he did play on weren’t superior to the supporting cast of other great teams of the past, so it’s not like he stacked the deck. Wade, Bosh, Love, Irving, Davis, etc had one championship between them before joining bron before and since…and bron was the best player by far on all his teams.

You can’t punish Bron because the Cavs management was incompetent. Unlike the Celtics, Bulls, lakers, Dubs, etc..
Incompetent teams don’t win 60 plus games and have top ranked defenses. This is the biggest lie in basketball history

Smitty Belafonte

All Star
Daps
Hog wash. The only reason why the Dubs won in ‘15 is because the next two best Cavs players were hurt (imagine if klay and Dray got injured in the finals). In ‘16 the dubs had an advantage and still lost, so they had to recruit KD to create the Monstars (what do you think would have happened if KD signed with the Cavs) to keep bron from dominating.

Anyone who thinks curry is anywhere near Bron is f’d in the head, and I’m a huge chef fan.
You mentioned the injuries for 15 but 16 conveniently left out the Bogut injury he had 10 blocks in the first 4 games. So he missed the rest of the series. Draymond was suspended for game 5 and Iggy hurt his back in game 5 proof he couldn’t even dunk the ball this the big block. Everybody also forgets Steph got hurt twice in that playoffs wit a sprained MCL. Nobody ever mentions the Warriors injuries in 16. It’s sickening

Smitty Belafonte

All Star
Daps
I agree with all that you say. But it doesn’t address who was the better player between Chef and Bron. Yes the Dubs were an extremely well run organization. Has nothing to do with the argument. Bron is so far above Chef it’s a comical argument. It’s like if I tried to make an argument over Robert Horry’s historical greatness because of “rings”. Bron is the Goat. Not a doubt in my mind.
If Bron is so far above the competition in his era doesn’t that mean his era is trash. It let’s just say he had it easy cuz everybody else is inferior like DeFrozen and Lowry etc

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Incompetent teams don’t win 60 plus games and have top ranked defenses. This is the biggest lie in basketball history
Those teams won purely on Lebron’s greatness and the fact he was a unicorn that could play all 5 positions. You had 2 undersized shooters West and Mo. Varejão was a good championship level player who did everything at his position but next to him was a near completely washed Ilgauskas.

That’s your 5!? The Cavs being elite was purely Lebron’s ability. How anyone can look at 6’1 Mo Williams and 6’4 Delonte West and say that’s a championship level back court is beyond me :mjlol: Oh and to say the Cavs manufactured that team to compliment Lebron James as some sort of master plan to win 60 games:heh:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Wasn’t Isiah only 29-30 yrs old in 1991 when MJ started winning chips, who’s being disingenuous now?

Isiah got hurt and only played 48 games in 1991. He averaged 13ppg on 40% shooting in the postseason and was clearly not himself. On top of that, Laimbeer was 34, Vinnie Johnson was 34, and James Edwards was 35. Mark Aguirre was just 31 but had already been declining for years. They were all way past their prime.

The next season, Isiah averaged just 13ppg on 33% shooting in the playoffs and the washed Pistons were eliminated by the Knicks in the 1st round. VJ retired when the season was over. Year after that they didn't even make the playoffs, and the following season Isiah, Laimbeer, and Aguirre all retired too.

Anyone who argues that the championships Pistons were still around for MJ's three-peat is a clown. That team was done done by injuries and age, they weren't a contender anymore.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

That's because of Bron. Bron left the next year and they won 19 games. :laff:

From 1999 to 2021, in the twelve seasons the Cavs played without Lebron, they averaged 24 wins a year. They NEVER made the playoffs and they NEVER won more than 33 games in a season. How the fukk is that not incompetence?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Go watch Pippen and Grant their 1st couple years with the Bulls then come back.

Horace Grant played behind Charles Oakley his rookie year, who was a borderline All-Star. His second season Oakley left and 2nd-year Grant averaged 12 and 9 with strong defense, which was very good for a power forward in that era.

Pippen was a #5 draft pick the Bulls coveted and traded up to get. He was a solid all-around player by his 2nd season and an All-Star by his 3rd season.

The revolutionary Phil Jackson was doing what exactly before coaching MJ?

Phil Jackson joined the Bulls just 7 years after he retired from the NBA, of which he had been coaching for five. During the five years of coaching before the Bulls, he won a CBA championship. So he had already proven he could coach. Rumor is he wasn't given an NBA job before the Bulls cause owners saw him as too much of a hippy/counterculture.