Does anyone ever feel like they live outside of the matrix?

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Society's pulse runs entertainment. They have a better gage on the rest of the world than we do. Society changes, entertainment changes.

Then what does what's goin on now say about our society as a whole? :manny:

Using the "when did nikkas start listening to Frank Ocean and Weeknd" card wasn't the way to go. nikkas have always listend to r&b. Good music is good music. Thats why nikkas listen to them. R&B has always been kind of "sensitive". :yeshrug:

Other than that, nikka you ON POINT.

Especially with:

:wow:

Basically, everyone picks a lifestyle that they think they'd like to live, and they try to pursue it. This happens in every era.

I think people just want to be part of something SO bad. Every generation has it's hipsters / cool kids trying to stand out, not realizing that they are doing the opposite. :no:

My question to you is, where was your mind at in 2005? Where you "cool" in 2005, like these kids are "cool" in 2012?

I ain't hatin on R&B tho, I listen to Erykah(future bm insha'llah), Jill, and a lot of the older shyt. But I just don't find this empty singing today to be entertaining. The fact that R&B is lumped in with Hip Hop lets you know we don't control our shyt cuz that's not even accurate.

But yeah, I was in college in '05 listening to Dipset and the beginnings of the wavement and laughing my ass off at Wayne in Fireman not even realizing what was bout to happen. Hell, I can even remember not fukkin wit Cam and Dipset when they first came out and nikkaz had the Juelz bandana rockin pink like fukkin idiots but I fukk wit that eras music now. But you bringing it up does make me realize that people have always had this symptom of needing to follow trends to fit in or thinkin they special when everyone else is doin the same shyt they doin.

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
From the Bay to Central CA
Then what does what's goin on now say about our society as a whole? :manny:

You see it breh. Society's been going downhill for awhile, and it's only getting worse. I try to pick from the good from the bad and go with that.

I started lurking SOHH because i was a little kid who loved 90's/early 00
s hip hop. Nowadays i rarely listen to music in general.

YBE

Banned
Daps
lol, I mean like you listen to music from the 90s or music with that type of style or you dress like you from back in the day or some shyt. It is what it is then, but if being cool means I gotta dress like a full blown 'mo, instagram it, and croon to emo ass music then I'm a lame nikka, fukk it. I could be bumpin some DMX and the car next to me bump some Drake or Big Sean and we both gon look at each other and think "Lame".

fixed....

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
I wouldn't even say I'm all that passionate about it. It just seems real apparent to me, a lot of my family is either foreigners or on some Rasta Afro-Centric type shyt so I guess I was bound to feel like an outsider. So whenever I see the people in my age group they're either highly aware of the fukkery or totally blind and assimilated into it. I ain't even tryna throw shade, but for a time that's suppose to be so individualized everyone likes to act like everyone else other than themselves. :ld:

I feel what you're saying, and I peep the fukkery that transpires everyday. But while most people walk the Earth, I float this bytch. I understand the situation but back to the Matrix reference: some people aren't ready to be freed so I don't bother stressing over them.

concise

Veteran
Daps
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what
I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you too.
500px-Abraham_Simpson.png

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
You see it breh. Society's been going downhill for awhile, and it's only getting worse. I try to pick from the good from the bad and go with that.

I started lurking SOHH because i was a little kid who loved 90's/early 00
s hip hop. Nowadays i rarely listen to music in general.

I can't live without music. It's food for the soul, the energy you feel from it is real to me. People like me just gone go into a bubble if society gets any more retarded.

I feel what you're saying, and I peep the fukkery that transpires everyday. But while most people walk the Earth, I float this bytch. I understand the situation but back to the Matrix reference: some people aren't ready to be freed so I don't bother stressing over them.

That's how I treat it. When I'm at work I just blend the fukk in and don't speak on music or culture, I keep it sports cuz that's easier to deal with. Not everyone was meant to be hip.

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
I can't live without music. It's food for the soul, the energy you feel from it is real to me. People like me just gone go into a bubble if society gets any more retarded.

you gonna have to get real close to your classics mayne, cuz thats what its gonna be. when the last time your mom or uncle listening to anything remotely close to recent date shyt? people stop listening to music as soon as culture pasts them by, and they always dislike any new shyt.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I'm close as fukk to all my classics (Playin Death Around the Corner now) but it's not like there aren't some artists that hold it down now. Max was refreshing as fukk till he got locked, Boosie was/is the realest out, Gucci had a nice run, it's just that the prevailing culture is fukked. But when you join the mainstream society you seldom keep the traits that made you unique or special.

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
I'm close as fukk to all my classics (Playin Death Around the Corner now) but it's not like there aren't some artists that hold it down now. Max was refreshing as fukk till he got locked, Boosie was/is the realest out, Gucci had a nice run, it's just that the prevailing culture is fukked. But when you join the mainstream society you seldom keep the traits that made you unique or special.

no bullshyt i was playing the same shyt as i was in the shower right now, i got a pac mix in the stereo in my bathroom

but breh, NOTHING will ever hit you like the shyt yo grew up on. ever. it wont have that same feel

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
no bullshyt i was playing the same shyt as i was in the shower right now, i got a pac mix in the stereo in my bathroom

but breh, NOTHING will ever hit you like the shyt yo grew up on. ever. it wont have that same feel

I suppose, but I know I'ma be listening to the wave as a old man. Be rockin to [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn2k0duVAw4"]Max B - Who We Are [New/Dirty/CDQ/NODJ] - YouTube[/ame] and my grandkids gon like ":wtf: are you listenin to?" while I ride the wave like :umad: